Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Online Dating Thread Part II **Mod Warning** Read First Post/or Post 7389

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭you wha?

I'd love to watch the work outing one now.. "Willies willies, I love willies"

Lets face it...there isnt a bad episode of that show :D flipping LOVES it i do...
    "I came here to drink milk and kick ass, and I've just finished my milk" bahahahahahaha

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

I'd love to watch the work outing one now.. "Willies willies, I love willies"

Bit off topic but you can watch it on YouTube

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Dolly Daydreams

you wha? wrote: »
    Lets face it...there isnt a bad episode of that show :D flipping LOVES it i do...
    "I came here to drink milk and kick ass, and I've just finished my milk" bahahahahahaha

haha it's like countdown but on the street.. Better say something on topic because I'm on a warning.. Any dates for anyone in the near future?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Starokan

I had somebody just disappear into thin blue air after weeks upon weeks of texting.. Another saying 'oh my god so can't wait to meet you' blah blah blah.. It's getting harder in the internet dating world

i think there are as many trolls in the online dating world as on the internet in general, ive read here about fake photos being used so i'm guessing there are people who get kick out of all the contact but no intention taking it further.

Perhaps messaging for weeks is to long, maybe set a time limit in your own head for meet up and if your getting excuses just cut them loose.

Just disappearing all of sudden is just plain bad manners so bullet dodged imo!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭Armaghmagic

That's the way i'm feeling, she could be genuine but I still have a niggle at the back of my head and it is this:

"Is she going to cancel on me until I get fed up and end things to save her from looking like the bad guy?"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Dolly Daydreams

Starokan wrote: »
    i think there are as many trolls in the online dating world as on the internet in general, ive read here about fake photos being used so i'm guessing there are people who get kick out of all the contact but no intention taking it further.

Perhaps messaging for weeks is to long, maybe set a time limit in your own head for meet up and if your getting excuses just cut them loose.

Just disappearing all of sudden is just plain bad manners so bullet dodged imo!

You're right that's what happened to me, fake photo.. Got sent the real one and I was like errr seriously though?? Once time doing that and the last I can tell you.. I've lived and learned

That's the way i'm feeling, she could be genuine but I still have a niggle at the back of my head and it is this:

"Is she going to cancel on me until I get fed up and end things to save her from looking like the bad guy?"

The ball is in her court in terms of resolving things... if she wants to of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Armagh it doesnt sound good im afraid. I gave a guy the benefit of the doubt after he cancelled 2 dates in a row on me and we met up twice after that and what did he do? Cancel on me again and didnt even bother to contact me about it so i wouldnt be too pushed on giving third or fourth chances if it was me.

Let her do all the running now and you will see how serious she actually is about meeting up, but the signs dont look good if you ask me...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

Armaghmagic, if that was a woman posting here, we'd all be telling her to run and don't look back. I'd give the same advice to you. Cancelling twice? Sorry but even if they are interested, twice cancelling is just disrespectful. I wouldn't put up with it.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

Starokan wrote: »
    sounds like bit of game player, its really bad form to do that to someone.
    Aquila wrote: »
    Maybe something came up?has he been in contact today?

I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt. We'll see, I have tag rugby in the morning anyway.

• Advertisement

It gets weirder and weirder...

'My Name is XXXX (censored),

Im a submissive guy who is looking for a woman to make me her slave. i am of the belief that woman are by far the superior sex and that guys should work hard to please women. I am willing to obey your every command and work hard to earn money to buy you what you desire.

Hopefully you will feel i can be of service to you.'

Weird thing is, the guy is attractive, well educated and seems witty from his profile. Wish he wasn't so submissive or I'd have initiated a date!

Also, Daisies, I'm gonna read back now to see what's going on with your date. Sounds not so nice though :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭KamiKazeKitten

I just got a message that included the line "I thinks your a pretty big fish."

Now, to be fair English ain't his first language but I'm still pretty miffed...

:pac:

Is he calling you pretty and a great catch, or just pretty big?

I'd assume the former because you're gorgeous, but you never know with these sites....

If you look like this I can see where's he coming from. ;)

underwatermenace.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭KamiKazeKitten

LyndaMcL wrote: »
    Is he calling you pretty and a great catch, or just pretty big?

I'd assume the former because you're gorgeous, but you never know with these sites....

Aw shucks. :o
    And I think he means pretty, but my ego is still twinging. :p
    That_Guy wrote: »
    If you look like this I can see where's he coming from. ;)

underwatermenace.jpg

Well, orange scales are to die for this season dahling...

....oh wait that's from Doctor Who!
    You is forgiven....just about. :pac:

Aw shucks. :o
    And I think he means pretty, but my ego is still twinging. :p

Well, orange scales are to die for this season dahling...

....oh wait that's from Doctor Who!
    You is forgiven....just about. :pac:

Huzzah, the forgiveness train keeps on going.

Score.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,313 ✭✭✭Ankhyu

LyndaMcL wrote: »
    It gets weirder and weirder...

'My Name is XXXX (censored),

Im a submissive guy who is looking for a woman to make me her slave. i am of the belief that woman are by far the superior sex and that guys should work hard to please women. I am willing to obey your every command and work hard to earn money to buy you what you desire.

Hopefully you will feel i can be of service to you.'

Weird thing is, the guy is attractive, well educated and seems witty from his profile. Wish he wasn't so submissive or I'd have initiated a date!

Also, Daisies, I'm gonna read back now to see what's going on with your date. Sounds not so nice though :(

Send him my way Lynda, I could do with being worshipped haha. Strange message to send as the first one though!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭deepimpact

Hi guys and gals, long time lurker, first time poster.

I've just finished signing up to PoF just now, so you'll all have another newbie asking questions and having general rants.

I was having a chat with a work colleague after work today and I realised I've spent the last few years building up a career for myself, and I've neglected stuff like my personal life. Hopefully, that will change.

Btw, any chance of a Boards.ie>tGC>OD singles beers? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

Single beers were tried before but they didn't work well... Relationships have sprung from TGC beers and other forum beers too :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Northclare

You will have a great time on POF just keep an open mind LOL don't be sensitive and enjoy yourself.

The majority of the women there prefer a guy who is straight up and honest.

Because when your honest no one can say well you said this that and the other...

Good Luck with it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭fat__tony

Don't take it too seriously whatever you do otherwise it will eat into your thoughts, day to day routine, work etc.

I've been there, it can be torturous.

Thanks for that advice everyone, I have told her that if she fancies doing something tomorrow then she can text me tomorrow to organise it......I have sent my last text to her so it is up to her now :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Northclare

Man your better off telling her you lost interest and have a few dates lined up next week,.from experience I never let a woman fob me off because I don't fob anyone off or play games.

Your worth more than that there will be women out there who would love to spend a few hours on a Sunday with ya :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

Very true, well we are where we are so I just have to wait to see if she makes a move tomorrow and if not its all over and back to the weird and wonderful world of POF!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Southern Hero

Joined pof again, put up pics publically this time, its like a different site! If you dont have pics up, you really should

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,320 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Master

The Master wrote: »
    Decided to head to the POF night in the lombard in dublin tonight,just arrived with another boardsie.
    Will report back later on or tomorrow

Morning All, Happy to report back last night was great fun and a great success :)

I would 100% recommend going to one of these nights if you get the chance.
    It was a brilliantly organised night and the venue was great.
    In fairness I only live minutes away from The Lombard and wouldn't normally drink there but would still recommend it.

Everybody was made to feel very welcome and everybody was invited/pushed/made get involved in chatting and mingling with everybody else. The atmosphere in the place was fantastic and everybody seemed to get into the spirit of the night and have a good time.

The organiser Linda was very friendly and made sure nobody was left sitting alone or the groups who arrived together weren't isolated.
    Nobody was pushed to pair off or anything like that but a fun game was had with celebrity couple name tags for the men and women. ie. a random guy would get the name tag "Becks" and he would be encouraged to find the random girl who got the "Posh" name tag etc..

The ratio of men to women started off quite badly with men outnumbering the women by at least 3 to 1 but by about 10.30 there was pretty much an even mix. The organiser said that's pretty much standard for the nights.

I personally had a great night, met some great people and spent the last few hours of the night with a lovely girl who I'm meeting again during the week :D

TL;DR - Great night, would recommend

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

So lunch date organised for today! Different guy from the one who originally suggested it but it's a date!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭Tom Cruise

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dzURVDt5lIo&feature=player_detailpage
    Funniest date video yet.I am actually in love with this comedian.
    Whens the next beers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

Good luck on all the dates guys :):) Great to see them!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement