Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Online Dating Thread Part II **Mod Warning** Read First Post/or Post 7389

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭Armaghmagic

Live Update.....had a nice walk around some heritage sites, now in town and about to head for a coffee. Nearly 2 hours since I saw her and she isn't looking at the watch......she is spending an awful long time in the bathroom! Will forward on the result in due course! Good luck to everyone else on dates :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Ammsy500

Live Update.....had a nice walk around some heritage sites, now in town and about to head for a coffee. Nearly 2 hours since I saw her and she isn't looking at the watch......she is spending an awful long time in the bathroom! Will forward on the result in due course! Good luck to everyone else on dates :-)

Hope she comes out of the bathroom :P

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

Daisies wrote: »
    So lunch date organised for today! Different guy from the one who originally suggested it but it's a date!

Date went well despite me being VERY distracted by the rugby match!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

Date went well despite me being VERY distracted by the rugby match!

Ah but Leinster won so it's only fair to be distracted. Great match :)

So, it went well? ooh, get you.

I've got a date tomorrow. eek!:eek:

Date done at the 3rd attempt, she asked for the time during the coffee and thought I was lying at how late it was so can only see that as a good sign!

However when I left her back to her car she said she will be busy till June so not sure what to do! Would like to see her again but a month is a long time....think this one may be worth it tho, seems genuine!

Well sure we will see what happens in a month, won't be contributing much to the thread till then!

• Advertisement

Date done at the 3rd attempt, she asked for the time during the coffee and thought I was lying at how late it was so can only see that as a good sign!

However when I left her back to her car she said she will be busy till June so not sure what to do! Would like to see her again but a month is a long time....think this one may be worth it tho, seems genuine!

Well sure we will see what happens in a month, won't be contributing much to the thread till then!

Cancelling a few times and now being so busy she can't see you for even a few hours between now and June doesn't sound all that genuine. :-/ Maybe I'm a a cynic but I wouldn't make too much effort in a situation like that. But only you know what she's like so it could be the start of something wonderful :p

I do know how it seems but she has a lot going on (playing in concert with Phil Coulter in a couple of weeks for instance) and she did say she would have a lot more time in June......it might be a test I have to pass but I do understand why people might be cynical! It's only after date 3 and I have been messed about this week. But I just have a good feeling!

Not sure how I will survive with nothing till then tho ;-)

I do know how it seems but she has a lot going on (playing in concert with Phil Coulter in a couple of weeks for instance) and she did say she would have a lot more time in June......it might be a test I have to pass but I do understand why people might be cynical! It's only after date 3 and I have been messed about this week. But I just have a good feeling!

Not sure how I will survive with nothing till then tho ;-)

Why survive with nothing? Ye aren't exclusive!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

I'm cynical anyway AND I watched He's Just Not Into You last night, if she's interested she would make time. I'm busy till late June too but I'd find the time if I was keen. I know it sucks...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

I'm cynical anyway AND I watched He's Just Not Into You last night, if she's interested she would make time. I'm busy till late June too but I'd find the time if I was keen. I know it sucks...

• Advertisement

Pembily wrote: »

Agreed with this 100%. I'm busy with preparing for an album, legal stuff, hospital, work, gigging, etc etc, but I can still make a few hours here and there if I want to see someone.

It's like if a guy doesn't text you for a week. He's not so busy he can't send one text. The 'Oh I'm so busy thing,' while probably true, is a bad excuse. Is she really saying she won't have say, 2 hours free ANYTIME in the next month?

LyndaMcL wrote: »
    Pembily wrote: »

Agreed with this 100%. I'm busy with preparing for an album, legal stuff, hospital, work, gigging, etc etc, but I can still make a few hours here and there if I want to see someone.

It's like if a guy doesn't text you for a week. He's not so busy he can't send one text. The 'Oh I'm so busy thing,' while probably true, is a bad excuse. Is she really saying she won't have say, 2 hours free ANYTIME in the next month?

Well look I have done the running so I am going to leave it and hopefully she will prove us wrong and try and arrange something through her busy schedule.......she asked me if I was busy next week which I thought was going to lead to her asking me to do something, but alas no!

Well look I have done the running so I am going to leave it and hopefully she will prove us wrong and try and arrange something through her busy schedule.......she asked me if I was busy next week which I thought was going to lead to her asking me to do something, but alas no!

But you're not just leaving it if you're planning to sit around for the next month til you hear from her. Go back on whatever sites you use and see other people in that time. You might meet someone just as nice, who doesn't mess you around as much! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭newbee22

As stupid as I sound I do really believe that 'He's just not that Into you' makes so much sense! If someone wants to see you/ contact you they will find a way, despite any obstacles that stand in the way!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

Aramaghmagic, by all means let her do the next organising but do not put things on hold for her. As Pem and Lynda and newbee said, if she really wants to see you she will make the effort. I'm busy for the next month or so (including spending 2-3 days working in Dublin when I live in Galway) and I would still make time to meet someone I was really interested in. I get the feeling she may be hanging onto you as a "just in case" and that's not nice

Changed my profile on POF to be more informative. Immediately start getting messages from attractive men with similar interests, who seem genuine. :)

You are all right I know but not easy to hear.....back onto POF I guess. If anyone lives within 1 hour of the Wee County, watch out!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭Tom Cruise

I have a 62 yr old aunty who is very lonely who needs a man do you think i should get her to join up this POF.If she ends up with creeps annoying her she may blame me for it.
    She is afraid of being old and alone when she gives up work.I think she may have some form of depression or something coz she goes on and on about meeting some knight in shining armour that will change her life.She is more like a mother to me as she has no kids and i am the nearest thing she has to a son.She goes for walks and goes to some dingy place with a friend on thurs in Dublin to try to meet a man but she gets no where.
    She is a bit essentric so maybe thats why and she is more into company rather than anything physical.And i assume most men are perverts.
    What do you all think how can i find her a unmarried man with brains who has no baggage.She does not like scumbags she is more after a man who is for example a ex teacher type.

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭newbee22

Changed my profile on POF to be more informative. Immediately start getting messages from attractive men with similar interests, who seem genuine. :)

I threw up a picture and got a message from a fella posing in front of a guy sitting on the toilet......swap lifes with me Lynda please!!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

Tom Cruise wrote: »
    I have a 62 yr old aunty who is very lonely who needs a man do you think i should get her to join up this POF.If she ends up with creeps annoying her she may blame me for it.
    She is afraid of being old and alone when she gives up work.I think she may have some form of depression or something coz she goes on and on about meeting some knight in shining armour that will change her life.She is more like a mother to me as she has no kids and i am the nearest thing she has to a son.She goes for walks and goes to some dingy place with a friend on thurs in Dublin to try to meet a man but she gets no where.
    She is a bit essentric so maybe thats why and she is more into company rather than anything physical.And i assume most men are perverts.
    What do you all think how can i find her a unmarried man with brains who has no baggage.She does not like scumbags she is more after a man who is for example a ex teacher type.

Really?

This thread is about peoples personal experiences with online dating,not an advise column about trying to find your aunt a man.Im sure she wouldnt appreciate her personal life being discussed on an internet forum.

Please rein in the silly posting and crass generalisations like "all men are" certainly arent welcome either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭LoTwan

Aramaghmagic, by all means let her do the next organising but do not put things on hold for her. As Pem and Lynda and newbee said, if she really wants to see you she will make the effort. I'm busy for the next month or so (including spending 2-3 days working in Dublin when I live in Galway) and I would still make time to meet someone I was really interested in. I get the feeling she may be hanging onto you as a "just in case" and that's not nice

I just wanted to chime in with a ditto. I have 2 small children & minimal childcare but I will figure something out (I have traded cake for babysitting to go on a date!) if the situation arises.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

The Master:

Out of curiosity mate, what was the age group like?

That_Guy wrote: »
    The Master:

Was wondering this myself. I wouldn't want to go to one out of fear that they'd all be in their mid 30s, which is way too old for me! :(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,320 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Master

That_Guy wrote: »
    The Master:

Was wondering this myself. I wouldn't want to go to one out of fear that they'd all be in their mid 30s, which is way too old for me! :(

The age range was quite varied,

There was everything from people in their 20's up to people who seemed to be in their 50's or so.

The majority age group seemed to be late 20's to late 30's

The Master wrote: »
    The age range was quite varied,

There was everything from people in their 20's up to people who seemed to be in their 50's or so.

The majority age group seemed to be late 20's to late 30's

Hmm. Late 20s works. Might give it a bash next time. :)

LoTwan wrote: »
    I just wanted to chime in with a ditto. I have 2 small children & minimal childcare but I will figure something out (I have traded cake for babysitting to go on a date!) if the situation arises.

Cake for baby sitting you say? What type of cake?

So, I have just seen my old secondary school crush on pof. He is still hot (as Pem can confirm). I'd nearly mail him!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,313 ✭✭✭Ankhyu

So, I have just seen my old secondary school crush on pof. He is still hot (as Pem can confirm). I'd nearly mail him!

Do it!

Update, he is now on chat! Oh the temptation!

Most recently it was a Victoria sponge but the same woman has been "paid" carrot cake (with dairy free cream cheese frosting), chocolate brownies with chocolate sauce & dairy free soda bread (both fruit & brown)... Care to hazard a guess on whether I live dairy free? LOL

• Advertisement

Update, he is now on chat! Oh the temptation!

DO IT!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement