Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Online Dating Thread Part II **Mod Warning** Read First Post/or Post 7389

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Dolly Daydreams

Daisies wrote: »
    Aramaghmagic, by all means let her do the next organising but do not put things on hold for her. As Pem and Lynda and newbee said, if she really wants to see you she will make the effort. I'm busy for the next month or so (including spending 2-3 days working in Dublin when I live in Galway) and I would still make time to meet someone I was really interested in. I get the feeling she may be hanging onto you as a "just in case" and that's not nice

Sorry I hope it doesn't add salt to the wound, but I agree with the above ladies.. Keep her there until she's saying she's ready, but don't put too much thought or your life on hold for her or you could have wasted a couple months were you might have found somebody not so busy..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,313 ✭✭✭Ankhyu

Got an offer of a BDSM type relationship ha. Looks like there's a couple of them around looking for that kinda thing

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Dolly Daydreams

Talking to an absolute beaut on POF the last 2 days.. Asked about a date, but keeps slipping in about being horny.. Dammit..

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

LoTwan wrote: »
    DO IT!

Damnit, he's not online anymore!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭Armaghmagic

Thanks everyone for the advice,

Think we have been too stiff and getting too serious......we have been cracking jokes and messing through text and the next meet has shortened from June till the week after next!

But definitely taking your advice about not putting my life on hold :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭ladylost

Have a second date this week.. we've been texting daily since the last date so hopefully it will go well

All the best with the date ladylost, any plans to what ye are doing??;)

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭ladylost

All the best with the date ladylost, any plans to what ye are doing??;)

Thanks Armaghmagic. Quiet drink I think so we can chat a bit :D

Nice relaxed chat slowly leading onto a drunken snog.....good choice!!

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Damnit, he's not online anymore!

Send him a message so that's it there the next time he logs in. Life is short people.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25 karonnia

Just had someone have a mini freak out because i said i couldn't meet this week as i'm away with work but could meet next week....

Disappointed because we got on so well :(

karonnia wrote: »
    Just had someone have a mini freak out because i said i couldn't meet this week as i'm away with work but could meet next week....

Disappointed because we got on so well :(

I know how they feel because I was given the knockback due to her work commitments but because I really like her I am willing to wait till next week.....

Think it was a good thing you found that out now.....have you been on many dates with him prior to now?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,264 ✭✭✭mood

Date done at the 3rd attempt, she asked for the time during the coffee and thought I was lying at how late it was so can only see that as a good sign!

However when I left her back to her car she said she will be busy till June so not sure what to do! Would like to see her again but a month is a long time....think this one may be worth it tho, seems genuine!

Well sure we will see what happens in a month, won't be contributing much to the thread till then!

Busy for a month!!! Unless she is away for business or holidays or has exams how could she possibly be busy for a month?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

That_Guy wrote: »
    Send him a message so that's it there the next time he logs in. Life is short people.

Ya but to be honest it'd be more a "Hi" type message than wanting anything to come from it!

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭missbelle

Ya but to be honest it'd be more a "Hi" type message than wanting anything to come from it!

Or, hello there, look who's all grown up now :D

Had a nice 1st date with a guy last night... he's not my usual type, but we seemed to get on pretty well. See what happens anyway :D

missbelle wrote: »
    Or, hello there, look who's all grown up now :D

I know! Strange, plus he probably wouldn't recognise me as I think I look different from secondary school

I know! Strange, plus he probably wouldn't recognise me as I think I look different from secondary school

Nothing ventured, nothing gained ;)

Had a nice 1st date with a guy last night... he's not my usual type, but we seemed to get on pretty well. See what happens anyway :D

Im intruiged, how is he different from your usual type?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

Had a breakfast date, as the dude was working from 12. SO not my type. I'm not talking looks wise either. Lasted a little over 2 hours and was excruciating. Poor guy was either really aloof and cold or crippingly shy. I'm really shy but made some effort. All one word answers from him, no questions asked in return, and he looked like he hadn't shaved in 2 days.

Got a text from him after we parted ways 'was lovely meeting you, I'd love to do it again. Was going to kiss you but didn't know how you'd react.'

That text probably contained more words than he said through the whole 2 hour date.

ahahaha, so much fun.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

I know! Strange, plus he probably wouldn't recognise me as I think I look different from secondary school and HOT HOT HOT.
    I fixed it for you :)

Exciting times missbelle.

Im intruiged, how is he different from your usual type?

He's quite shy and very intelligent (ha that sounds bad to my other dates!), I mean he's not someone I might necessarily go for irl, as in, I am usually attracted to confident, outgoing people... but we had a nice few drinks and chat, and I felt comfortable around him. I don't know if I felt that wow spark, but I liked him &think (if he askes me out again) I'd like to meet him again :)

Pembily wrote: »
    I fixed it for you :)

Exciting times missbelle.
    We'll see... he's very shy, so he didn't make a move, so to speak, ie kiss me at the end, but he hugged me and txted after to say he'd had a nice time - sure I'm just deadly company :D

LyndaMcL wrote: »
    Had a breakfast date, as the dude was working from 12. SO not my type. I'm not talking looks wise either. Lasted a little over 2 hours and was excruciating. Poor guy was either really aloof and cold or crippingly shy. I'm really shy but made some effort. All one word answers from him, no questions asked in return, and he looked like he hadn't shaved in 2 days.

Got a text from him after we parted ways 'was lovely meeting you, I'd love to do it again. Was going to kiss you but didn't know how you'd react.'

That text probably contained more words than he said through the whole 2 hour date.

ahahaha, so much fun.

Awkward.... ah, nothing worse than feeling the time dragging by and feeling like it's blood from a stone to draw conversation :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

Awkward.... ah, nothing worse than feeling the time dragging by and feeling like it's blood from a stone to draw conversation :o

I know! Usually I'M the shy one! But oh my god. 'What sort of work do you do in your company, do you like it?' 'Yeah. It's fine.' Big silence.

Eek!

He's quite shy and very intelligent (ha that sounds bad to my other dates!), I mean he's not someone I might necessarily go for irl, as in, I am usually attracted to confident, outgoing people... but we had a nice few drinks and chat, and I felt comfortable around him. I don't know if I felt that wow spark, but I liked him &think (if he askes me out again) I'd like to meet him again :)

Well I hope he does ask you out again in that case, all the best with it!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭LoTwan

The guy I have been chatting with last week & met at the weekend is not my usual type but I'm running with it :)

I know! Usually I'M the shy one! But oh my god. 'What sort of work do you do in your company, do you like it?' 'Yeah. It's fine.' Big silence.

Eek!

:eek: :o

Yea I know what you mean, there's only so many questions you can ask before you think "hey it's a bit one-sided here!" - at least you've met up in person, and you know yourself whether it's worth having a 2nd date to see if his nerves subsided a bit and there is something there (or not :D!)

LoTwan wrote: »
    The guy I have been chatting with last week & met at the weekend is not my usual type but I'm running with it :)

Yea, I've dated people in the past who I was attracted to, but were not good for me, and have messed with my head. I think, I'm just not used to someone who's actually genuine and a gent! Before ye give out,I'm not tarring all men with the same brush, just the ones I've fancied :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Eek!

That's why you have to prepare back up questions.

"What's your favourite humming noise?"

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement