Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Online Dating Thread Part II **Mod Warning** Read First Post/or Post 7389

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,264 ✭✭✭mood

Snowie wrote: »
    I know it went well i text her and she said it was shame it could be longer so i dint reply I rang her and explained she was cool and she was very coy and said shed have to think about it but her tone was complete sarcasm...:) she said she call during the week.. sound..

I don't spend hours sitting with some one I'v never meet before idrather spend 45 minutes see if we can communicate and go from there, and I never put all my eggs in one basket.. they came into my life quickly if they leave o well :)

I don't think having a long first date if it's going well is putting all your eggs in one basket. But different strokes for different fokes... or what ever that saying is!

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭tatumkelly

I actually prefer a first date to be a drink in a relaxed pub. I just find coffee is like a 15 minute thing, and I kinda like to give my date a chance to get over any initial nerves or whatever (and vice versa obviously).

That's just me though :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭KamiKazeKitten

tatumkelly wrote: »
    I actually prefer a first date to be a drink in a relaxed pub. I just find coffee is like a 15 minute thing, and I kinda like to give my date a chance to get over any initial nerves or whatever (and vice versa obviously).

That's just me though :)

I don't mind either tbh - but I can see why a quick meetup is a good thing, ya can scope 'em out and see do you actually get on! And check for scales and conjoined twins and all that stuff. :pac:

Having said that, my last first date lasted 7 hours, so I'm not one to be giving anyone advice. :o

Having said that, my last first date lasted 7 hours, so I'm not one to be giving anyone advice. :o

Woooohoo!! I assume that led to a second date?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭KamiKazeKitten

tatumkelly wrote: »
    Woooohoo!! I assume that led to a second date?

:o

Leading to.
    Possibly.
    When I get out of exams and can breathe....

:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Personally I like the slightly longer first date, maybe an hour or so (unless its going exceptionally well, then the sky is the limit!). Gives both parties (ie: me) time to get over nerves/jitters!

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭LoTwan

My last first date lasted 4 hours & there is a second & third planned :)

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭missbelle

LoTwan wrote: »
    My last first date lasted 4 hours & there is a second & third planned :)

Good stuff!
    Think a second might be on the cards for me too, an improvement on my last two internet dates! :-(

Galvasean wrote: »
    Personally I like the slightly longer first date, maybe an hour or so (unless its going exceptionally well, then the sky is the limit!). Gives both parties (ie: me) time to get over nerves/jitters!

That's exactly my thinking. Besides, most people should be well able to spend an hour in someone's company, even if there is no physical attraction there. After all, it's nice to be nice, and you may make a new friend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Northclare

I'm fair too with the time I spend on a date.
    But ill never forget A date I was on one cold winter's night in Lahinch.
    I was there in the bar sitting and listening to this poor sad Lady who was getting absolutely hammered and telling me how she was plotting on harming her exe by sabotaging his car and getting him sacked from his job.
    I went out the back door and climbed over the wheelie bins onto a high wall and off I went.
    I'd say the barman thought I vanished.
    She was very intense and had a voice like someone pulling their nails across a blackboard.
    She was stunningly attractive but looks don't matter.
    She text me 20 min later and said "I take it were not going to meet again"
    I left it at that.
    And didn't go on POF for a year after LOL

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭Armaghmagic

managerman wrote: »
    any mid week dates ?

Not a dickybird till next week when she is free, so I will be very quiet on here till then :-(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

hey guys I'm not saying I'm right all I'm saying is that i prefer a brief short encounter and then if theres a 2nd date I'd take more time out to make an effort..

im not lazy but I've found it works for me :)...

Being truthful Ive made a lot of effort before on a number of dates and it didn't work out, so i decided less is more and Ive found that it works for me... :o

• Registered Users Posts: 45 DwightShrute

Northclare wrote: »
    I'm fair too with the time I spend on a date.
    But ill never forget A date I was on one cold winter's night in Lahinch.
    I was there in the bar sitting and listening to this poor sad Lady who was getting absolutely hammered and telling me how she was plotting on harming her exe by sabotaging his car and getting him sacked from his job.
    I went out the back door and climbed over the wheelie bins onto a high wall and off I went.
    I'd say the barman thought I vanished.
    She was very intense and had a voice like someone pulling their nails across a blackboard.
    She was stunningly attractive but looks don't matter.
    She text me 20 min later and said "I take it were not going to meet again"
    I left it at that.
    And didn't go on POF for a year after LOL

Epic! You could be both the POF poster boy and salesman for the local refuse collection....''Sure if it all goes wrong, them sturdy Lahinch wheelie-bins will serve as a great getaway accessory'' :D

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Ammsy500

Had a very nice date tonight : ) that's all I'm saying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 rebecca1

NEW TO THIS HOW DID THE DATING GO BEFORE XMas are u married yet

did u really just type reply that quick

did u really hav agood time there might b hope for me yet split from ex hubby in august violent behaviour on his part feel like hes trying 2 get back i feel i need some fun only 32 no kids more bad than good times wit him hard to ignore his constant contact p.s. hes good at manupilating i do hope u had a good time:)

• Registered Users Posts: 40 cc181187

What does pof stand for?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

cc181187 wrote: »
    What does pof stand for?

Plenty Of Fish ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 40 cc181187

andreac wrote: »
    Plenty Of Fish ;)

Ok thanks, new on here and new to Internet dating, just doing a bit of research! Would pof be the most popular?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

cc181187 wrote: »
    Ok thanks, new on here and new to Internet dating, just doing a bit of research! Would pof be the most popular?

It'd be the most popular. Has a lot of users but judging from various posts, there's a lot of timewasters on it. You have been warned. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭managerman

rebecca1
    Member 10 hours ago01/05/2012 01:36
    ReplyThank (0)Report

rebecca1
    Member 10 hours ago01/05/2012 01:38
    ReplyThank (0)Report

rebecca1
    Member 10 hours ago01/05/2012 01:45
    did u really hav agood time there might b hope for me yet split from ex hubby in august violent behaviour on his part feel like hes trying 2 get back i feel i need some fun only 32 no kids more bad than good times wit him hard to ignore his constant contact p.s. hes good at manupilating i do hope u had a good time:)

Can I ask? But what was this all about?!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

rebecca1
    ReplyThank (0)Report

rebecca1
    ReplyThank (0)Report

rebecca1

Good to know I wasn't the only one who thought WTF! :confused:

Pembily wrote: »
    rebecca1
    ReplyThank (0)Report

rebecca1
    ReplyThank (0)Report

rebecca1

Good to know I wasn't the only one who thought WTF! :confused:

Maybe someone in from the pub last night! and decided to give pof and boards a go!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

Have a date on Friday. Although with the way things have been going for me lately, he'll probably delete his profile before then... anyway, I've kind of come to the conclusion that I don't really have time for dating anyway. Another guy asked me out and I was like, erm, when?

This weekend - study (apart from Fri, hopefully!)

Next weekend - exams

Weekend after - Heineken Cup final

Following weekend - wedding in Italy

Weekend after that - family thing

Weekend after that - another family thing

Weekend after that - away for the weekend

He doesn't live in Dublin so a weekday evening isn't really a go-er. Sigh.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,247 ✭✭✭Maguined

Surely most family things don't take up the entire weekend though and you could get in a date on either the Friday night or Saturday/Sunday avoiding the family thing?

Maguined wrote: »
    Surely most family things don't take up the entire weekend though and you could get in a date on either the Friday night or Saturday/Sunday avoiding the family thing?
    How did your date go on Saturday?! ;-)!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,247 ✭✭✭Maguined

Ah sure you know yourself seeing as you were there!

Was she uncomfortable with the third wheeling business!,?

• Advertisement

I had a great time thanks....

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement