Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Online Dating Thread Part II **Mod Warning** Read First Post/or Post 7389

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 460 ✭✭careymary

Northclare wrote: »
    What I cant understand about that post is the fact she says the guy will delete his profile.
    ffs in all fairness if I was him I would block her profile or ignore her.

Busy busy I'm so important sounds like a right diva LOL

A guy like me could spot that BS " I'm doing this that and the other"

In other words hang on there like a good man and ill get on with my life but if I change my mind ill be on to ya.

That pretentious Celtic Tiger attitude is still hanging by a thread :(

Eh? I think she meant it as a joke going by her track record with online dating.
    Its ok for people to be too busy to meet for a while, you are entitled to a life outside POF too!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

I'm coming to the conclusion that my being out gigging most weekends isn't condusive to this online leading to offline dating malarky.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

What I cant understand about that post is the fact she says the guy will delete his profile.
    ffs in all fairness if I was him I would block her profile or ignore her.

Busy busy I'm so important sounds like a right diva LOL

A guy like me could spot that BS " I'm doing this that and the other"

In other words hang on there like a good man and ill get on with my life but if I change my mind ill be on to ya.

Very harsh, mate. If you read back on the thread, it's obvious she's making a joke about her experiences with online dating thus far.

As for the being busy thing - it's not about being pretentious and thinking you're important. Some people genuinely are too busy. I'm busy with hospital appointments, work stuff, family responsibilities, etc. I can make time here and there, but at the end of the day, every day life does get in the way and especially for students with exams coming up.

Also. Thing with the guy I met online years ago who admitted he has feelings for me (we know each other offline too now and have done for quite a while) is going okay. Got some cutesy messages to wake up to this morning. Not pinning too many hopes on it though, since he's away in another country with work til August! So not deleting my POF just yet.

Also, messaged a guy just to tell him I approved of him liking Rammstein. Turns out he's another bloody Boardsie! You boards men are all over the place! Half the messages I get are from you lot! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

Owen wrote: »
    I'm coming to the conclusion that my being out gigging most weekends isn't condusive to this online leading to offline dating malarky.

Tell me about it. I've had to turn down, postpone or even cancel a few dates due to gigging. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

Eh seriously? Just cause someone is too busy to meet a person doesn't mean they are pretentious! For the next 5 weeks I am not free any Friday or Saturday and only some Sundays and the Sundays I am free I will have been travelling that day so not in the form and anyway I don't do Sunday night dates as I tend to be shattered and have to sort myself out for the week. I am free some Thursdays but with work and meeting friends there aren't that many!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭crapmanjoe

Any one else find it really annoying that after you goto the effort of messaging people they don't even view your profile.:mad:

Like not responding is fine, that I get. But you message someone and they dont even click on your profile :confused:

crapmanjoe wrote: »
    Any one else find it really annoying that after you goto the effort of messaging people they don't even view your profile.:mad:

Like not responding is fine, that I get. But you message someone and they dont even click on your profile :confused:

If I don't like the look of the thumbnail picture I won't bother going into the profile, shallow I know :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 460 ✭✭careymary

crapmanjoe wrote: »

If its on POF, I know you can change settings so its not visible when you view a profile, thats how I have mine set

• Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Northclare

I'll take back what I said.
    My apologies I should have minded my own business.
    I have no right to judge others here maybe it was a reaction to something that I had an experience of before.
    I'll keep the focus on the topics.
    Sorry :(

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭you wha?

Can anyone use the username search thing anymore??anytime i input a name(stalk much?!) nothing happens.is it just me??damn you pof :P also,meeting up with a guy i met about 2weeks ago again tomorrow.tea date :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭finipops

you wha? wrote: »
    Can anyone use the username search thing anymore??anytime i input a name(stalk much?!) nothing happens.is it just me??damn you pof :P also,meeting up with a guy i met about 2weeks ago again tomorrow.tea date :)
    Better than any coffee date!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭you wha?

finipops wrote: »
    Better than any coffee date!!:D

I aint a coffee fan plus he owes me :P

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

I just spotted my tagline is the same as one of the tags on this thread :o

'dating sites'?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Maraine

Hi peeps
    Just joined pof and boards today ...
    I have had about 30 messages on pof today alone ...
    At least half them should be in mental institutions ... The other half seem think I will be seduced by a pic of a spotty torso and offers to watch them have a **** on Skype ???? WTF ????
    Are these people allowed out ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,128 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Maraine wrote: »
    Hi peeps
    Just joined pof and boards today ...
    I have had about 30 messages on pof today alone ...
    At least half them should be in mental institutions ... The other half seem think I will be seduced by a pic of a spotty torso and offers to watch them have a **** on Skype ???? WTF ????
    Are these people allowed out ?

Lol its the 'fresh meat' syndrome. Will die down - well mine did anyway! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Chatting to a lass online. Conversation going quite well after a couple of days. Ask her if she'd like to meet up sometime. She deletes her profile.

A simple no would've been alright. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭Armaghmagic

Just a query (as have no upcoming dates to post about :():

If you were dating someone regularly from a site (POF for purpose of this example), would you be annoyed if (and at this case ye were in an exclusive relationship):

a) You had deleted your profile but heard from a friend that your partner still had theirs up

b) You went on to your friends page to check and realised they were ONLINE??

Like I am dating this girl, however we only had our 3rd date last week and it seems that there is at least a week between dates (will be even longer before our 4th if it happens :rolleyes:) so I dont think it would be unreasonable for us to continue "fishing"??:cool:

That_Guy wrote: »
    Chatting to a lass online. Conversation going quite well after a couple of days. Ask her if she'd like to meet up sometime. She deletes her profile.

A simple no would've been alright. :pac:

Now that is HARSH!! Could be a total coincidence though!:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

If you were dating someone regularly from a site (POF for purpose of this example), would you be annoyed if (and at this case ye were in an exclusive relationship):

a) You had deleted your profile but heard from a friend that your partner still had theirs up

Well, if you're in a relationship then there should be no need to have your profile still active.
    Like I am dating this girl, however we only had our 3rd date last week and it seems that there is at least a week between dates (will be even longer before our 4th if it happens :rolleyes:) so I dont think it would be unreasonable for us to continue "fishing"??:cool:

You're dating or going out? Big difference mate. If you're only dating then there's no harm in either of you still having your profile active. Now, if you're in a relationship then you should be both deleting your profiles.
    Now that is HARSH!! Could be a total coincidence though!:rolleyes:

Meh. Not too annoyed by it. Was just a bit extreme. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,247 ✭✭✭Maguined

Have you talked to this girl about your relationship? If not then I do not think you can be annoyed at her at all. 3 dates is not a lot so in her opinion you might not be in a relationship and she might very well be dating other people.

If you have talked to her and agreed you are in a relationship then fair enough you have a right to be annoyed, no proper talk about "us" means there is no "us".

• Advertisement

Is this the same girl who kept putting off the 3rd date?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,128 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Well I have a little tale to tell! A few weeks ago I posted about someone I had met online and had a couple of dates with. Really liked the guy, loved being with him but just didn’t fancy him and wasn’t going to see him again – didn’t really think it was fair. We kept in touch online and met up for coffee once or twice. Well since then things have progressed!! :D

Have been out several times, have met his friends etc. He is absolutely amazing – considerate, thoughtful, helpful, generous to name but a few. And as for not fancying him – I’m finding it difficult to keep my hands off him when we go out!! :o:o

Moral of the story?? Have no idea but who cares!!! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Rattlehead_ie

@Dovies, Great story,
    I think to be honest its hard to make a good judgement on just the 1st date but seems some people do. My point of view was either way even if you make new friends from the whole online dating thing it could turn into more later. Which is obviously whats happened, :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

Dovies wrote: »
    Well I have a little tale to tell! A few weeks ago I posted about someone I had met online and had a couple of dates with. Really liked the guy, loved being with him but just didn’t fancy him and wasn’t going to see him again – didn’t really think it was fair. We kept in touch online and met up for coffee once or twice. Well since then things have progressed!! :D

Have been out several times, have met his friends etc. He is absolutely amazing – considerate, thoughtful, helpful, generous to name but a few. And as for not fancying him – I’m finding it difficult to keep my hands off him when we go out!! :o:o
    Awww, that's great to hear! What a lovely story :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

Moral of the story is not to write off someone you get on well with just because you aren't initially attracted to them.Best of luck with it D!
    :)

IN YOUR MO'FO'ING FACE 'SPARK'!!!!!! :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Maraine

Received this classic this morning

" hi I would like to strap you to my face and say the alphabet backwards

Write back if interested
    "

A user named 'Maraine'?
    Did Larianne and Maguined finally have that baby?

Maguined wrote: »
    Have you talked to this girl about your relationship? If not then I do not think you can be annoyed at her at all. 3 dates is not a lot so in her opinion you might not be in a relationship and she might very well be dating other people.

If you have talked to her and agreed you are in a relationship then fair enough you have a right to be annoyed, no proper talk about "us" means there is no "us".

Oh no wrong end of the stick.....the a. and b. situations have never happened to me, was just throwing it out there in case it ever happened to someone to start a discussion!:)

• Advertisement

Pembily wrote: »
    Is this the same girl who kept putting off the 3rd date?

Oh and yes thats the one......going to be at least 8 days between dates 3 and 4 :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement