Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Online Dating Thread Part II **Mod Warning** Read First Post/or Post 7389

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

miaowsky wrote: »
    And the plot thickens...my ex messaged me the following "Remember me?"

Oh dear.... That's gotta suck.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Panthro wrote: »
    So a girl messaged me last night, I woke up to the alert message, had a gawk and then fell off back to sleep. Just thought of it earlier so I had a proper look.
    My god she's pretty, and also the cut of a girl that went to the same school as me backing the day.
    I've replied to her, but I won't kid myself, I genuinely think she's well out of my league. Perhaps she was tipsy when she messaged me, time will tell I guess!

no such thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭fat__tony

Evening guys and girls.

I trust that everyone is well.

After my split from the ladyfriend last week, I reckon I should take a good break from the dating scene. Still feeling pretty crap over it but I think I need to pull myself together pretty soon.

I think dating is more stressful than expected, the planning, trying to read a girls signals, etc.

What do you folks think? or should I plunge right back into the online pool?

Thanks.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,805 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

She's replied!...(be cool Bro, be cool)

@fat__tony, I'd say get back into it (when you are ready) and don't let one bad experience put you off it. Think of it as "meh, her loss!"

• Registered Users Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

fat__tony wrote: »
    What do you folks think?

I wouldn't. Enjoy your time off!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

One of my mates has suggested that POF stands for Plenty of Freaks, given the amount that make contact with me:)

Another chap that messaged me, is wearing camouflage gear and balaclava and has a gun strapped across his front - in his profile picture!! Have you come across him? It all keeps my mates entertained if nothing else!

Really sad part is that I have great fun replying to them. Maybe thats why you lovely normal guys don't get mail cos we are busy having a laff with the freaks:rolleyes:

S
    Would you like it if someone was publicly slagging your profile?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭Armaghmagic

Ok have decided to get back on POF seeing as the girl I have been dating seems to be giving me the brush off and I have organised a date for Friday night and another for Saturday night and messaging someone else!Woohoo!!

I honestly hope that one of them blows the (possible)time-waster out of the water, in order to show me that nomatter how good one seems there are better out there....plus they all live closer too :p

Might be good experience in the future when/if I get my heart broken :(

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭IHeartShoes

Pembily wrote: »
    Would you like it if someone was publicly slagging your profile?

Seriously? On a thread full of public slagging about funny profiles, profile pictures (both girls and boys) and messages, you choose mine to take exception to?

S

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

newbee22 wrote: »
    I'm scared! :
    ' Hi Miss ____ - You have a gorgeous pic and an interesting profile too..... Anyway, I'm looking for something very particular (NOT SEX) but it is something a bit different, so if you're open-minded, relaxed and not shy then please get back to me and I'll give you all the details'

:eek::eek::eek::eek:

Naked jogging. He messaged me before.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

Maraine wrote: »
    Just found a guy with this profile
    "
    I woo women with my sensuous and godlike trombone playing, I can pilot bicycles up severe inclines with unflagging speed, and I cook Thirty-Minute Scones in twenty minutes. I am an expert in suducco, a veteran in love, and an outlaw in Peru.

Using only a hoe and a large glass of water, I once single-handedly defended a small village in the Amazon Basin from a horde of ferocious army ants. I play bluegrass cello, I was scouted by Manchester united , I am the subject of numerous documentaries. When I'm bored, I build large suspension bridges in my back garden. I enjoy urban hang gliding. On Wednesdays, after work , I repair electrical appliances free of charge.

I am an abstract artist, a concrete analyst, and a ruthless bookie. Critics worldwide swoon over my original line of corduroy evening wear. I don't perspire. I am a private citizen, yet I receive fan mail. My deft floral arrangements have earned me fame in international botany circles. Children trust me.

I can hurl tennis rackets at small moving objects with deadly accuracy. I once read Paradise Lost, Moby**** and David Copperfield and Ulysses in one day and still had time to refurbish an entire dining room that evening. I know the exact location of every food item in the supermarket. I have performed several covert operations for the CIA. I sleep once a week; when I do sleep, I sleep in a chair. While on vacation in Canada, I successfully negotiated with a group of terrorists who had seized a small bakery. The laws of physics do not apply to me.

I balance, I weave, I dodge, I frolic, and my bills are all paid. On weekends, to let off steam, I participate in full-contact origami. Years ago I discovered the meaning of life but forgot to write it down. I have made extraordinary four course meals using only a mouli and a toaster oven. I breed prizewinning clams. I have won bullfights in San Juan, cliff-diving competitions in Sri Lanka, and spelling bees at the Kremlin. I have played Hamlet, I have performed open-heart surgery, and I have spoken with Elvis."

im going to have to get in touch its brilliant!

I've been out with that guy, he's HILARIOUS.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Maraine

Honey-ec wrote: »

Sent him a message yesterday ..

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭miaowsky

GrumPy wrote: »
    Awks!
    That_Guy wrote: »
    Oh dear.... That's gotta suck.

Oh yeah! Wasn't expecting him to crop up there and message me! So very random.

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭LoTwan

Ok have decided to get back on POF seeing as the girl I have been dating seems to be giving me the brush off and I have organised a date for Friday night and another for Saturday night and messaging someone else!Woohoo!!

I honestly hope that one of them blows the (possible)time-waster out of the water, in order to show me that nomatter how good one seems there are better out there....plus they all live closer too :p

I'm glad you are back in the game. A week between dates can be excused in my situation (115km distance & 2 kids) and even if schedules are tough to get around it shouldn't feel like hard work to be in touch with someone. I hope you enjoy this weekend.

Honey-ec wrote: »

Well... I don't want to blow my own horn but... Yes, yes I am.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

Maraine wrote: »
    Sent him a message yesterday ..

Jesus, I''d nearly send him a message myself! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Rattlehead_ie

Went on a date there last night, was grand. Just had 2 or 3 drinks and headed our separate ways as both of us were up early. Got on really well and chatted for ages, both were surprised by the time that had past.
    Alas got the "no spark" text so will move on. One thing I've found about the online thing is people seem to be more upfront and honest, granted no one likes getting a text like that, but you at least appreciate the upfront honesty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

That awkward moment when you log in to POF and find that three guys have asked you out, all of whom are lovely, funny and intelligent, but none of whom you have any interest in >_>

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭ladylost

Good for you. You have given that other girl loads of chances.
    No harm keeping your options open at this early stage if she is not showing the same interest. Good luck with the dates :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,247 ✭✭✭Maguined

LyndaMcL wrote: »
    That awkward moment when you log in to POF and find that three guys have asked you out, all of whom are lovely, funny and intelligent, but none of whom you have any interest in >_>

That awkward moment when you are a guy and log into POF and find no messages...

First world problem there Lynda! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

Maguined wrote: »

Oh, completely. But still an annoyance! Okay, maybe not as bad as not being able to put food on the table, but c'mon, it's irritating!

• Advertisement

That awkward moment when you are a straight guy and log into POF and find a mail from another guy or transvestite. :P

That awkward moment when you are a straight guy and log into POF and find a mail from another guy or transvestite. :P

Hah I would still like that as its a compliment. :D

I got sent a picture of a lad's ... eh lad, last week. :(

I got sent a picture of a lad's ... eh lad, last week. :(

2nd mail I got ever was that! The 1st was a dude inviting me to singles night, so I suppose that's ok. :o right?!

2nd mail I got ever was that! The 1st was a dude inviting me to singles night, so I suppose that's ok. :o right?!

That's what I assumed it was.

"Oh look another single's night that I probably won't go tooooohhh my god!!!!"

That's what I assumed it was.

"Oh look another single's night that I probably won't go tooooohhh my god!!!!"

091219-cannot-be-unseen.jpg
    Pretty much.

I am jealous of your lads. :p

I did just get a message from a girl telling me she thought I was pretty. :confused:

It's weird being a guy and being told you are pretty, I would never tell a girl I think she is handsome.

I am jealous of your lads. :p

I did just get a message from a girl telling me she thought I was pretty. :confused:

It's weird being a guy and being told you are pretty, I would never tell a girl I think she is handsome.

I got a similar message a few months ago... Except it was the words "gorgeous and cute"... I would've messaged her back but she used "hun" at the end of the sentence. Deal breaker. I fookin' hate that poxy word.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

I know,i'd be totes morto to be with someone using that word
    :pac:

• Advertisement

I know,i'd be totes morto to be with someone using that word
    :pac:

Nooooooooooo

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement