Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Online Dating Thread Part II **Mod Warning** Read First Post/or Post 7389

Options

Comments

• Administrators Posts: 53,845 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Rattlehead_ie

Surely the mobile users part of the PoF App is verging on stalking :P.
    I found my house mate on it last week, I sent her a message!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,264 ✭✭✭mood

Surely the mobile users part of the App is verging on stalking :P.

What app?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

awec wrote: »
    Still don't know how. :pac:

Does it come across on your profile that you'd appreciate that kind of thing?

It doesn't, though I did check to make sure. Maybe I look like a girl.... :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

Seriously? On a thread full of public slagging about funny profiles, profile pictures (both girls and boys) and messages, you choose mine to take exception to?

S

I took exception to the most recent! Yours was also very specific.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭LoTwan

That_Guy wrote: »
    Maguined wrote: »
    I am jealous of your lads. :p

I did just get a message from a girl telling me she thought I was pretty. :confused:

It's weird being a guy and being told you are pretty, I would never tell a girl I think she is handsome.

I got a similar message a few months ago... Except it was the words "gorgeous and cute"... I would've messaged her back but she used "hun" at the end of the sentence. Deal breaker. I fookin' hate that poxy word.

I can't abide hun or the virtual hugs nonsense :cool:

That_Guy wrote: »
    It doesn't, though I did check to make sure. Maybe I look like a girl.... :pac:

Did you report it?

mood wrote: »
    Surely the mobile users part of the App is verging on stalking :P.

What app?

The POF app has to option to see other mobile users and lets you know how far away they are. I clicked on it in my mothers house and had my pick of a dozen men inside 2kms. I quickly logged off!

Did you report it?

Aye. I did.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

Surely the mobile users part of the PoF App is verging on stalking :P.

It's when it's telling me there's people >500m away that I start looking over my shoulder...

I got a message from a guy while I was in Thomond Park a few weeks back saying "Hope you're enjoying the match!"

Gah!

• Advertisement

Honey-ec wrote: »
    It's when it's telling me there's people >500m away that I start looking over my shoulder...

I got a message from a guy while I was in Thomond Park a few weeks back saying "Hope you're enjoying the match!"

Gah!

Thats a bit scary! Does it show the profiles or just the number of people near by?

Gah!

Thats a bit scary! Does it show the profiles or just the number of people near by?

The actual people & you can click on them to see their profile/message them.

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭missbelle

Oh, don't like being able to be traced to your location via pof or okc... think okc have a "local users" thing as well.
    On a separate note, I notice that Viber has that location thing, my friend sent me a msg and must have clicked it by accident, and I could see on google maps where she was :eek:

possible 2nd date for me this weekend :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,247 ✭✭✭Maguined

Gah!

I just love the smell of your hair *sniff* :pac:

Maguined wrote: »
    I just love the smell of your hair *sniff* :pac:

That's not my hair, I just farted...

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Maraine wrote: »
    Just found a guy with this profile
    "
    I woo women with my sensuous and godlike trombone playing, I can pilot bicycles up severe inclines with unflagging speed, and I cook Thirty-Minute Scones in twenty minutes. I am an expert in suducco, a veteran in love, and an outlaw in Peru.

Using only a hoe and a large glass of water, I once single-handedly defended a small village in the Amazon Basin from a horde of ferocious army ants.

etc.
    Am I the only one who got suspicious and googled the first line? The whole thing comes from an urban legend 'college application essay'… So I'd say the catch is that his creativity is limited to using ctrl-c and ctrl-v ;)

Yeah, it's a common enough copy n' paste job. I saw a girl on OKC using it as her profile. I'm surprised at the positive reaction it got on this thread. I thought gals were meant to be good at spotting cop n' paste?
    miaowsky wrote: »
    And the plot thickens...my ex messaged me the following "Remember me?"

Reply, "No".

missbelle wrote: »
    Oh, don't like being able to be traced to your location via pof or okc... think okc have a "local users" thing as well.
    On a separate note, I notice that Viber has that location thing, my friend sent me a msg and must have clicked it by accident, and I could see on google maps where she was :eek:

I was going to start using it. Don't think I will now. Does Whatsapp do the same?

Galvasean wrote: »
    Yeah, it's a common enough copy n' paste job. I saw a girl on OKC using it as her profile. I'm surprised at the positive reaction it got on this thread. I thought gals were meant to be good at spotting cop n' paste?

I'm surprised as well. I won't have replied. The guy is not funny. He just copied and pasted something funny he found on the internet. He obviously isn't particularly honest or bright.

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭newbee22

I've spotted some fellas that I know on pof and have a question...When did 5ft 9 (at most may I add!) become 6ft?!

I'm surprised as well. I won't have replied. The guy is not funny. He just copied and pasted something funny he found on the internet. He obviously isn't particularly honest or bright.

Actually he's both, I went on a date with him.

He never claimed to have written it, in fairness.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

newbee22 wrote: »
    I've spotted some fellas that I know on pof and have a question...When did 5ft 9 (at most may I add!) become 6ft?!

Maybe people think it's essentially 9 out of 10 and 5'9 is practically 6 foot?
    Or do you mean guys are exaggerating their height? If it's the latter I'd say it's because a lot of women prefer taller men. Of course, there's not much point lying on your profile because you'll be found out quick enough when they meet you in person.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

Or do you mean guys are exaggerating their height? If it's the latter I'd say it's because a lot of women prefer taller men. Of course, there's not much point lying on your profile because you'll be found out quick enough when they meet you in person.

I think you can't take what is on profiles as being 100% accurate. Everyone describes themselves as attractive, nice, honest etc. You have to use your own judgement.

Aquila wrote: »
    Left CS,Flirtbox,Smooch today i find them all a massive waste of time,concentrate on giving my pof profile le vavavooom ;)

I don't know how anyone would have the time for more than one site at a time!

As happened to me with the very first date I had from POF. He was at least 4 inches shorter that his "profile" height, I was towering over him. Re. the bit in bold - like, seriously, what is the fcuking point???

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭newbee22

:) I had to question myself and was wondering am I actually 5ft 10 and not 5ft 6! :P Uggh so annoying that people lie about height!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,247 ✭✭✭Maguined

They need to go back to school and learn there is 12 inches in a foot so!

Anyone who lies about their height or their weight is just immature in my opinion and I would be staying well away from such behaviour.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

newbee22 wrote: »

It happens ALL THE TIME! :cool:
    As happened to me with the very first date I had from POF. He was at least 4 inches shorter that his "profile" height, I was towering over him. Re. the bit in bold - like, seriously, what is the fcuking point???

Yeah, its annoying alright. I guess because so many girls pass off guys who aren't 6foot, they figure they'll add a few inches and sure when they meet up, they may blow them away with their personality?? But its starting off the whole thing with a lie. Win-lose situation. If they don't lie they don't get the dates, if they do lie, they probably won't get a second date.

• Administrators Posts: 53,845 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

• Advertisement

I'm small... in stature only before you make any wisecracks. :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement