Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Online Dating Thread Part II **Mod Warning** Read First Post/or Post 7389

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭branbee

Wow i didn't realise so many people limit the amount of potentially great people they could meet just because of some numbers on a measuring tape! So what if a girl is taller than a guy!

Having said that i myself am very precise about my height, Im 5'3 and three quarters and never ever round that up or down! :-D

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭LoTwan

I just got a POF 'meet me' but the account doesn't exist. WTF?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

The few here who say height doesn't matter are just that, the few. I'm going to be honest here and say what I think - girls do check a guy's height and physique first on POF, followed by how witty/enticing his profile is. It's not bad or anything, it's just how people work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

Owen wrote: »
    The few here who say height doesn't matter are just that, the few. I'm going to be honest here and say what I think - girls do check a guy's height and physique first on POF, followed by how witty/enticing his profile is. It's not bad or anything, it's just how people work.

Mhm. But does that really make them shallow? I don't think it's shallow to want to be attracted to a potential date. Let's face it, if a morbidly obese, really ugly woman with a lovely personality messaged you, you probably wouldn't be interested.

It's a circular debate. Why do guys lie about their height? Most girls won't date short guys. Would a guy want to date someone like that? No, but if he's honest about his height, he won't get any dates.

• Advertisement

Got a lovely message on POF.

'Hi sexy fancy a sh@g

Are you happy

you look sad in a couple of the pics'

Well, that's lovely. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Rattlehead_ie

Always said it. Looks are not the most important thing, but there has to be some physical desire there between the 2 people, it may not be "OMG I want to jump on you" kinda feeling at 1st, but its still important.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Rattlehead_ie

LyndaMcL wrote: »
    'Hi sexy fancy a sh@g
    Are you happy

He's a keeper

• Registered Users Posts: 8,247 ✭✭✭Maguined

It's a circular debate. Why do guys lie about their height? Most girls won't date short guys. Would a guy want to date someone like that? No, but if he's honest about his height, he won't get any dates.

He won't get any dates with women that want tall men, there are still women that will date shorter men.

No one is entitled to be found attractive by someone else for whatever reason.

I am 6 foot and I would have no problem dating a woman taller than me and she could wear heels all she wanted.

LyndaMcL wrote: »

'Hi sexy fancy a sh@g

Are you happy

That's what you get from duckfacing. :p

• Advertisement

Maguined wrote: »
    That's what you get from duckfacing. :p

I don't duckface! My lips are fat enough without duckfacing :pac:

He won't get any dates with women that want tall men, there are still women that will date shorter men.

No one is entitled to be found attractive by someone else for whatever reason.

I am 6 foot and I would have no problem dating a woman taller than me and she could wear heels all she wanted.

And I'm 5'8 and have dated girls taller and much shorter than me. I'm not trying to make this personal, I don't give a damn what height someone is. I'm just trying to make a reasoned debate for 'why do guys lie about their height' - which was asked earlier.

And I'm 5'8 and have dated girls taller and much shorter than me. I'm not trying to make this personal, I don't give a damn what height someone is. I'm just trying to make a reasoned debate for 'why do guys lie about their height' - which was asked earlier.

Yeah but you are almost defending guys lying about their height. Is it wrong for women to prefer men of a particular height? No everyone is allowed have their own preferences, is it wrong for men to lie about their height? Yes I think it is as they are lying and potentially wasting some ones time.

I will not date a smoker, if I went on a date with a woman who said she was not a smoker on her profile but then started lighting up during my date she would not get a second date. Smoking is not inherently wrong but I have a personal preference to avoid it so I wouldn't want my time wasted.

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭newbee22

Im the one who posed the earlier question :) i have no problem with what height a guy is i just really don't get why someone would add so much onto his actual height! Lying about height is like using a fake/ ancient picture, as soon as they lying person meets up with someone theyl see that the info is fake! Now the real dilema here is do i mail this fella and ask why are you lying about your height :O ( wow i've realised i now have way too much time on my hands now that im recovering after an op and would complain about anything! Apologies people! :P)

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

I don't know if all guys intentionally lie about their height. To be honest, I haven't measured myself in ages and I just went for what I believed to be the nearest height.

Some lads might just not give it much thought and put down any old height and forget to edit it later on.

Just a guess.

Yeah but you are almost defending guys lying about their height

I'm not at all, thats you projecting your emotional response onto my emotionless text here.

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭newbee22

When people write 'I'm not mental' in profile/ message does that mean they are in fact mental and are stating it to put people off thinking they are mental?! :P

newbee22 wrote: »
    When people write 'I'm not mental' in profile/ message does that mean they are in fact mental and are stating it to put people off thinking they are mental?! :P

Works for me.

Mmwahahahahahahah

I mean...

Jolly good.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Dolly Daydreams

mailing/texting 2 guys the last week and then suddenly both stop *bangs head against wall*

I'm not at all, thats you projecting your emotional response onto my emotionless text here.

I am not projecting anything, you are only presuming I am giving an emotional response which I am not as I have no personal investment in this topic, being 6 foot I have never experienced any negative female attention regarding my height. I am coming at this purely from an objective point of view that people lying about their height is just ridiculous.

You claimed it was a circular argument, I disagree as women do not desire tall men because some men lie about their height.

• Advertisement

**DISTRACTION**

So yeah, who's got a date or anything this weekend?

That_Guy wrote: »
    **DISTRACTION**

Thank god for that! :pac:

**DISTRACTION**

So yeah, who's got a date or anything this weekend?

was supposed to for the cup final, but I don't think so now :rolleyes:

was supposed to for the cup final, but I don't think so now :rolleyes:

The FA Cup?

The FA Cup?

that's the puppy

that's the puppy

Girls don't like football.... do they?

*awaits slap*

• Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

I lied about my height in my profile because I had to.

I also explained in the profile why I lied.

There's still a giant tumbleweed blowing across it though.

Girls don't like football.... do they?

*awaits slap*

ha ha they sure do. But I don't support either team, mine got bent over on Monday night :mad:

ha ha they sure do. But I don't support either team, mine got bent over on Monday night :mad:

Man United? You and I have much to discuss. :pac:

Remember that 3-0 win in January..... ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭LoTwan

I lied about my height in my profile because I had to.

I also explained in the profile why I lied.

There's still a giant tumbleweed blowing across it though.

I must have missed that one. What was the lie?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement