Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Online Dating Thread Part II **Mod Warning** Read First Post/or Post 7389

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25 karonnia

Came across my first boardsie today :) Plus also had an amazing first message from a guy who obviously took a lot of time to read my profile before writing it. Makes such a change from the "Hi"/ male anatomy photo messages.

Been a good day in the internet dating world!

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭LoTwan

I have some seriously weird ass messaging going on with a guy on POF. But at least he's cute and tall so I will humour him.

Mental... What height did you opt for in the end?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

LoTwan wrote: »
    I have some seriously weird ass messaging going on with a guy on POF. But at least he's cute and tall so I will humour him.

I went for 5 ft and explained it in my profile .

Just checking my POF profile there. And still no messages. I have tried to chat with some people on there, but they never respond.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Dolly Daydreams

I had one with someone cute and tall on POF.. then it turned out he was a window licker

• Advertisement

I had one with someone cute and tall on POF.. then it turned out he was a window licker

PMSL

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 6,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭silvervixen84

Were you not loved up?

Na, was seeing someone back in Jan but it didn't work out. I'm back fishing ;)

Na, was seeing someone back in Jan but it didn't work out. I'm back fishing ;)

POF link?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

mailing/texting 2 guys the last week and then suddenly both stop *bangs head against wall*
    They were best mates and realised they were texting the same girl :p
    Herrick wrote: »
    logged in, showed each other the profile and said yep same girl :eek:

30 seconds in.

Seriously.

Galvasean wrote: »

If one of my texters was Bane, I'd be well chuffed

• Advertisement

If one of my texters was Bane, I'd be well chuffed

No love for Cap'n Kirk? :(

No love for Cap'n Kirk? :(

HOT but not dangerous

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Polloloca

Okay so I have a problem with online dating. I've been on a site for so long and I have been talking to just one guy that I genuinely liked. I am so nervous with actually meeting someone from the internet. What if he thinks im ugly, or too short or too fat, too weird, not weird enough? Ahh! It isn't helped that most of the guys that message me are just looking for sex and are quite nasty to me when I don't play back. :(

HOT but not dangerous

o_0

Kirk can kick ass...

Polloloca wrote: »
    Okay so I have a problem with online dating. I've been on a site for so long and I have been talking to just one guy that I genuinely liked. I am so nervous with actually meeting someone from the internet. What if he thinks im ugly, or too short or too fat, too weird, not weird enough? Ahh! It isn't helped that most of the guys that message me are just looking for sex and are quite nasty to me when I don't play back. :(

They're the one's you need to ignore.

Okay so I have a problem with online dating. I've been on a site for so long and I have been talking to just one guy that I genuinely liked. I am so nervous with actually meeting someone from the internet. What if he thinks im ugly, or too short or too fat, too weird, not weird enough? Ahh!

Welcome to the world. Honestly, don't bog yourself down with so much insecurity/ Just meet up, have fun and see where it goes. You'll feel better.

If you've been genuine, given up to date photographs, been yourself, then you don't need to worry.. He's thinking the same thing about himself guaranteed.. Go have fun :)

He was so carefree back then, and the props were so sh*te

Of course I've used up to date photos, haha... Trust me, I looked a whole pile worse when I was younger ;):D

Thanks for the advice guys, I just need to stop beating myself up about it.

WTF is a window licker?

I'm fairly sure the wackadoodle POF is safe ;)

• Advertisement

Of course I've used up to date photos, haha... Trust me, I looked a whole pile worse when I was younger ;):D

Thanks for the advice guys, I just need to stop beating myself up about it.

ah was just saying.. don't beat yourself up, everybody has a certain degree of nerves about it..

WTF is a window licker?

I'm fairly sure the wackadoodle POF is safe ;)

Perv, I think? :confused:

ah was just saying.. don't beat yourself up, everybody has a certain degree of nerves about it..

Thank you :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 903 ✭✭✭Herrick

Oh my good man, he would have been more than welcome to her if he wanted her ;)

Edit: I had to laugh at that clip though :P

Sent a message to someone on POF just now via the Chat. Didn#t even dignify me with a reply. Just logged out of the chat. :mad:

In a way, yes

You do stand up comedy right? How are you still single? My mate has recently gotten a bit famous doing it and the women that are around him are amazing.. He's happily married though

In a way, yes

In a way?

You do stand up comedy right?

Used to. Packed it in a while back. No time for it anymore because I have two (poorly paid) jobs now.
    How are you still single?

Women's initial reaction to Galvasean: "Ah, what a funny/quirky guy...."

Later: "Oh dear Lord, he's like this ALL THE TIME?!!? Kill with fire!!!"

• Advertisement

In a way?

Yes, in a way as in how you interprete it..

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement