Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Online Dating Thread Part II **Mod Warning** Read First Post/or Post 7389

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Dolly Daydreams

Galvasean wrote: »
    Used to. Packed it in a while back. No time for it anymore because I have two (poorly paid) jobs now.

Women's initial reaction to Galvasean: "Ah, what a funny/quirky guy...."

Later: "Oh dear Lord, he's like this ALL THE TIME?!!? Kill with fire!!!"

Ha ha fight the good fight, there's a lot of ladies out there that would love a funny man

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭newbee22

Sent a message to someone on POF just now via the Chat. Didn#t even dignify me with a reply. Just logged out of the chat. :mad:

Do many people actually use the chat function? Before I figured out how to disable it I always ignored the incoming messages (from people I hadn't been chatting with already!), don't know why, just makes me nervous or something! :confused::rolleyes::o

newbee22 wrote: »
    Do many people actually use the chat function? Before I figured out how to disable it I always ignored the incoming messages (from people I hadn't been chatting with already!), don't know why, just makes me nervous or something! :confused::rolleyes::o

I always ignore it

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Ha ha fight the good fight, there's a lot of ladies out there that would love a funny man

Based on the profiles I read that seems to be the case. Getting them to read your mails/profile and prove the funny.. well, that's a different story.

In other news I haven't got a 'Meet Me' mail in ages. While I don't place much stock in them I cannot help but feel less pretty :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Polloloca

Im so curious as to how many of you I might have been talking to!

• Advertisement

Based on the profiles I read that seems to be the case. Getting them to read your mails/profile and prove the funny.. well, that's a different story.

In other news I haven't got a 'Meet Me' mail in ages. While I don't place much stock in them I cannot help but feel less pretty :o

Being honest, I never look at the meet me, completely forget about it. Haven't a clue who wants to meet me or what profiles I could go through. I just look at who's online and message the profiles that appeal to me most. I've learned from this thread the meet me is a load of bo**ox too

Polloloca wrote: »
    Im so curious as to how many of you I might have been talking to!

ha me too.. Woudn't know a boardsie if they smacked me

• Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

Would it be in bad taste to mail a girl you mailed months ago to no reply that you see online on POF every day and say, "Lowered the aul standards yet?" :pac:
    Yes, yes it would

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭newbee22

Do it! :pac:

• Advertisement

Would it be in bad taste to mail a girl you mailed months ago to no reply that you see online on POF every day and say, "Lowered the aul standards yet?" :pac:
    Yes, yes it would

Do it!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 25 karonnia

karonnia wrote: »
    Came across my first boardsie today :) Plus also had an amazing first message from a guy who obviously took a lot of time to read my profile before writing it. Makes such a change from the "Hi"/ male anatomy photo messages.

Been a good day in the internet dating world!

And now i have a date with a fireman! :D

Wow, you ladies seem to be raking in the dates compared to us lads. Why, it's almost as if there are men that don't post on boards all the time... Surely not?

Ideal first date:
    "Digging up dinosaur bones".

You've pulled. Get your shovel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

Would it be in bad taste to mail a girl ...that you see online on POF every day and say, "Lowered the aul standards yet?" :pac:

In fairness, I'd say people think I'm on POF ALL THE TIME, but I just never bother logging out of the phone app. I'm the same with Facebook & Twitter.

"Oh look, there's that desperate girl with no life again..."

• Administrators Posts: 53,845 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

awec wrote: »
    Another singles night message!

I've noticed it's always the same people organising these nights. They mustn't be having much luck with them themselves?

I would have imagined they work for POF.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators Posts: 53,845 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

I'm not so sure... The one I got tonight said that he prefers to meet people at meets!! Also, people who have "here fishy fishy" on their profile cracks me up. It never gets old.

Have been speaking to a really nice guy the entire night. He has asked me on a date, and he's the first one i've said yes to. :eek: Please let it be soon so as I don't lose my bottle.

Congrats. Enjoy it sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

On the Meet Me feature on POF I delete the emails and never bother checking who sent it. If you really want to meet me message me. Shows even less effort than a copy and paste message!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,128 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

awec wrote: »
    Another singles night message!

I've noticed it's always the same people organising these nights. They mustn't be having much luck with them themselves?
    I would have imagined they work for POF.

Awec - having been contacted by one of the organisers (not a current one) and chatted etc, his attitude to dating really put me off him!

No they dont work for POF - anyone can organise a singles night.

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭missbelle

Think a boardsie keeps viewing me, but hasn't messaged me so I obviously haven't passed the test :D

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭miaowsky

So the following was left for me last nite...

"Surely someone as pretty as you wouldn't be as desperate as to actually use a dating website. Why can't you get a man on a nite out?"

Um yes thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭missbelle

miaowsky wrote: »

"Surely someone as pretty as you wouldn't be as desperate as to actually use a dating website. Why can't you get a man on a nite out?"

Um yes thanks!

Yea got that kind of message before myself. Backhanded compliment anyway :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

missbelle wrote: »
    Think a boardsie keeps viewing me, but hasn't messaged me so I obviously haven't passed the test :D

Is there anyone on POF who isn't on boards at this stage?? :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭LoTwan

miaowsky wrote: »

Um yes thanks!

That's lovely. I wish I was you right now.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement