Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Online Dating Thread Part II **Mod Warning** Read First Post/or Post 7389

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

Ooh, I appear to be in Arizona today. Must remember to get my passport stamped...

Worryingly, of the two men from AZ who've messaged me in the past half an hour, both of them had pictures of themselves toting guns on their profile.

NRA4EVA...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,264 ✭✭✭mood

krudler wrote: »
    I joined pof a few weeks ago and am pretty much done with it already,
    why do women think they can get away with putting zero effort into their profiles? two lines of "I like music, food and tv" err, what kind of music, well we all like food, if we didnt we'd die, and what kind of tv? is it that hard to list some specific stuff you like? its like every woman on there expects men to do all the work, fcuk that, if you cant be arsed writing about yourself or "arent good at this" then dont bother. the people I take interest in are the ones who put some bit of effort in or are funny. "I like reading" reading WHAT? books? magazines? shampoo bottles?

I could say the same about guys.

But does it really matter to you what a potential date likes ie food, book, music? If you like the same food etc it don't mean you are compatible.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Aquila wrote: »
    Galvasean how could you!right im sending in this guy
    Grimlock.jpg
    To come sort you out:pac:

Last time we tangled it did not end so well for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

I joined pof a few weeks ago and am pretty much done with it already,
    why do women think they can get away with putting zero effort into their profiles? two lines of "I like music, food and tv" err, what kind of music, well we all like food, if we didnt we'd die, and what kind of tv? is it that hard to list some specific stuff you like? its like every woman on there expects men to do all the work, fcuk that, if you cant be arsed writing about yourself or "arent good at this" then dont bother. the people I take interest in are the ones who put some bit of effort in or are funny. "I like reading" reading WHAT? books? magazines? shampoo bottles?

I kinda know where you're coming from but why not send them a message asking what they like to read/watch etc.

It's quite obvious when people say they like reading, they're obviously referring to books/magazines. I've seen similar stuff written on girls profiles and if you're inquisitive enough and wiling to find out more you'll send them a message.

When I wrote my profile I wanted to give out details sure but I wanted to tell all without telling it all if you get me.

For example, I have that I'm currently working but hoping to go to college in September.

If they're curious enough, they might message and ask me what I'm currently doing or what I hope to do in college. Could be a good conversation starter perhaps.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,247 ✭✭✭Maguined

That_Guy wrote: »
    I'm offering you a chance to win a Toffee Crisp FFS. What more do you want?!!!??

I'd suck the toffee off your crisp. ;)
    LyndaMcL wrote: »
    Clearly, making myself sound like a nutter is why I'm getting dates.

It's the ONLY reason I get a date. :pac:

mood wrote: »
    But does it really matter to you what a potential date likes ie food, book, music? If you like the same food etc it don't mean you are compatible.

That's why I don't put much stock in the OKC percentages. I really don't care if someone prefers say Indian food to Chinese food.
    I think what Krudler was getting at is those (many) profiles that don't really say anything specific about a person.
    "I don't know what to write here." - you don't say
    "I like going out" - who doesn't?
    "Want to know anything, just ask!" - but where to begin?
    A good profile IMO should highlight a persons individuality. If a profile mentioned how they like tennis and 1930s Chinese cinema that would be interesting. I'm not a fan of either, but it would certainly make the profile stand out and would certainly give a springboard for a conversation.

Maguined wrote: »
    I'd suck the toffee off your crisp. ;)

What an offer... Yes.. Yes you can good sir.

Pics or GTFO

Galvasean wrote: »
    Pics or GTFO

Oooooh I say.

20110408-124138.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Polloloca

I'm 23. Why are 46 year old men messaging me, offering me money if I'd have sex with them? A little disheartened and paranoid I look like a hooker now. :eek:

Polloloca wrote: »
    I'm 23. Why are 46 year old men messaging me, offering me money if I'd have sex with them? A little disheartened and paranoid I look like a hooker now. :eek:

Just ignore them, they use the scattergun approach in the hope that they'll hit someone who'll consider it.

Report them and they will get kicked off the site and not be able to contact other women. Why should they get away with that? I'm sure they could find a hooker if they really wanted one.

Honey-ec wrote: »
    Just ignore them, they use the scattergun approach in the hope that they'll hit someone who'll consider it.

If you ignore it they will continue to do it to other women. Report, report, report... get these losers/pervs off the sites.

I have to say, it would take an awful lot for me to report someone. I just go "meh" and delete their messages. Let them do their thing, just cause I'm not interested doesn't mean someone else won't be.

It's simple really: internet + (relative) anonymity = douchebaggery.

For example;
    Oooooh I say.

20110408-124138.jpg

Take more of the wrapper off :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

I could say the same about guys.

yes? similar tastes is pretty important.

I have to say, it would take an awful lot for me to report someone. I just go "meh" and delete their messages. Let them do their thing, just cause I'm not interested doesn't mean someone else won't be.

Same... I've never used report. Although, I am partial to the block function now and then! :p

If you ignore it they will continue to do it to other women. Report, report, report... get these losers/pervs off the sites.

From a purely selfish POV I would agree with this. The less freaks* there are filling girls' mailboxes with useless spam/filth the more chance the messages I send will get read.

* note that I am fully aware of the irony of me calling someone else a freak, it's just a different kind of freak is all :pac:

• Advertisement

But they ruin thing for the vast majority of use. I'm sure they could find a site that caters to their needs/fetich if they want that. The fact they they try it on a regular dating site means they are getting a trill by shocking/upsetting people = they are just bullies.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Aquila wrote: »
    Its not you,prob copy and pasted same message to many women.report and delete:)not all us guys are vermin !

The nice guys are the ones who don't go around grabbing at anything.

yes? similar tastes is pretty important.
    Have to (politely) disagree with this! For me, my best relationship was with my ex who was my polar opposite. :D It also opens your mind to new things!!

Have to (politely) disagree with this! For me, my best relationship was with my ex who was my polar opposite. :D It also opens your mind to new things!!

Opposites attract.

Galvasean wrote: »
    Take more of the wrapper off :mad:

NSFW

Toffee+Crisp+open.JPG

NSFW

Toffee+Crisp+open.JPG

PMSL :D

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

I'm just holding out to find myself with boobs, then I'm set for life

Has anybody got any funny stories to tell about their dates?

I'm just holding out to find myself with boobs, then I'm set for life

Living the dream man... Living the dream. :pac:

• Advertisement

NSFW

Toffee+Crisp+open.JPG

my-body-is-ready-spiderman-on-wire-sYRaCl.jpg

PS: anyone get confused when Krudler and That-Guy have a conversation?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement