Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Online Dating Thread Part II **Mod Warning** Read First Post/or Post 7389

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

That_Guy wrote: »
    Living the dream man... Living the dream. :pac:

Gender re-allignment surgery ftw!!!!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭you wha?

Had a nice quick tea date with a guy from pof today.nice guy.we'll see what happens,if anything but since reading this thread its given me the confidence to keep trying...so thanks boardsies :D

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭crapmanjoe

Just got rejected because she wants some one from her own religion!

Go on J date then! :mad:

crapmanjoe wrote: »
    Just got rejected because she wants some one from her own religion!

Go on J date then! :mad:

Pffffffft. Was this on POF?

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭crapmanjoe

Pffffffft. Was this on POF?

Nah was on OKC, living in NY so its to be expected I suppose

• Advertisement

crapmanjoe wrote: »
    Nah was on OKC, living in NY so its to be expected I suppose

I doubt it if those kind of people are only found in the good old U S of A???

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭LoTwan

Maguined wrote: »
    I'm offering you a chance to win a Toffee Crisp FFS. What more do you want?!!!??

I'd suck the toffee off your crisp. ;)

Y'all should hear what he was willing to let me do to him! :cool:

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 6,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭silvervixen84

POF link?

I'm over in London, it would be a very expensive first date :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Oooooh I say.

20110408-124138.jpg

Ya need to cut your nails there TG! :D

Good luck to peoples on dates this weekend. It's hard to keep away from this thread, just to see how everyone is getting on. I'll ween myself off it. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

Just got this from OKC email thingy -

'

Hey (my username here),

We just detected that you're now among the most attractive people on OkCupid.

We learned this from clicks to your profile and reactions to you in Quickmatch and Quiver. Did you get a new haircut or something?
    Well, it's working!

To celebrate, we've adjusted your OkCupid experience:

You'll see more attractive people in your match results.

This won't affect your match percentages, which are still based purely on your answers and desired match's answers. But we'll recommend more attractive people to you. You'll also appear more often to other attractive people.

Sign in to see your newly-shuffled matches. Have fun, and don't let this go to your head.'

This has to be pure bullsh!t that they use to get more people using the site, because almost every woman on that site is more attractive than me. xD

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Aw, I never got that message. I must be a munter. :(

Larianne wrote: »
    Aw, I never got that message. I must be a munter. :(

I highly doubt it! I think it's just because I hadn't logged in for a few days. :pac: Flattery is the best way to get me back there!

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Larianne wrote: »
    Ya need to cut your nails there TG! :D

Those aren't my hands. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Northclare

From reading the posts,it seems to me that if I was living in Dublin it would be much easier to get a date.

I suppose I don't do much chasing I'm a bit of a lazy bastard when it comes to asking women out :(

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭miaowsky

I got given out to for texting back too fast! Geez sorry for not playing mind games :confused:

I'm clearly out of touch with this dating malarky.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Northclare

The way I look at it if it's to be it will be,if I was told I text too soon I would delete the no and they need never worry about me texting her again.
    I'm far too independent and grown up to be allowing myself to controlled by rejection

Northclare wrote: »
    The way I look at it if it's to be it will be,if I was told I text too soon I would delete the no and they need never worry about me texting her again.
    I'm far too independent and grown up to be allowing myself to controlled by rejection

Life's too short for that kinda thing! Back fishing I go :)

If someone texts me, I'd consider it rude to make them wait for a reply. That guy just sounds very fussy!

LyndaMcL wrote: »
    If someone texts me, I'd consider it rude to make them wait for a reply. That guy just sounds very fussy!

And it was going so well before we swapped numbers! Jesus maybe I'll just go on take me out :p

LyndaMcL wrote: »
    That guy just sounds very fussy!

I am not...

I'll get my coat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Ah the old OKC 'you are in the good looking half' mail. I got that after not logging in for 3 weeks. Do more attractive people appear? Heck no! It's the same people that were online before.

Aquila wrote: »
    Ok which of ye is sending me messages on pof asking me to model some Roman uniform?

I think you'd look quite dashing.... Perseus. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

miaowsky wrote: »
    I got given out to for texting back too fast! Geez sorry for not playing mind games :confused:
    See how they like the "not been contacted ever again" mind game?

the_syco wrote: »
    See how they like the "not been contacted ever again" mind game?

I'm on it!

Yeah Galvasean, I hadn't logged on in several days. Knew that mail had to be bull, but logged in to check, regardless. Same matches, same people being shown to me (a mix of ugly and attractive). At least I had some nice mails waiting for me! :)

There's just something quite enjoyable about catching someone out that has a fake picture as their profile photo.

There's just something quite enjoyable about catching someone out that has a fake picture as their profile photo.

Ooh, what'd you say to them??

Well, I just pointed out how I had used tineye on their photo and that it came back as a stock photo. In hindsight, I should have said I was reporting them to the SOPA (yes, I know you can't actually do that) for copyright theft.

• Advertisement

Any response??

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement