Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Online Dating Thread Part II **Mod Warning** Read First Post/or Post 7389

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Polloloca

What is tiny eye?

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭IT-Guy

Polloloca wrote: »
    What is tiny eye?

It's like a really, really small....eye :pac:

Seriously though it's a site where you can check if a picture is genuine or not. The url is www.tineye.com, not www.tinyeye.com as then you'll think we're completely taking the p**s! :p

I took a bit of a break from the site, deleted the profile a few weeks back but rejoined about two days ago. Got three messages in 24 hours though none had profiles that interested me, have found some really interesting ones but will hold off mailing til I upload a pic. So who's got dates this weekend?

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭LoTwan

IT-Guy wrote: »
    So who's got dates this weekend?

Me, but that's old news.

ArmaghMagic... How did last night go?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

After watching The avengers I am tempted to change my tagline to "You were made to be ruled!"
    Might send out the wrong impression though :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

Galvasean wrote: »
    After watching The avengers I am tempted to change my tagline to "You were made to be ruled!"

Could get some very submissive women that way. Could be nice to have women doing whatever you tell them. Think about it. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Galvasean wrote: »

You should change your name to Thor and have the tagline as: "Do you dare try and lift my hammer?"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭Armaghmagic

LoTwan wrote: »
    Me, but that's old news.

ArmaghMagic... How did last night go?

Last night was very nice, she is so sweet. We went for a walk up a local mountain then headed into town to get a dvd and some goodies, just lay up on the couch and relaxed! She bought everything and even drove because I busted my hand fixing a puncture the other day!

I cancelled tonight's because the date is making me meet her 20 miles further away from where she lives, which was already 50 miles away! Need a bit of give and take so heading out with the lads tonight:D

The "busy girl" has said that the only night she is not doing anything is Thursday so at least she is trying.....going to see American Pie film!! My choice of course :p

• Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

I'm over in London, it would be a very expensive first date :pac:

There are no boundaries to LUUURVE.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

There are no boundaries to LUUURVE.

Money - the only thing more powerful than love :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭ladylost

Been on 3 dates now. There is definitely a spark. There will be a date 4 but not sure when yet :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭newbee22

tumblr_lk6ys3tXk81qh5raro1_500.png&sa=X&ei=6yGlT6ntF8OBhQf7zpncAg&ved=0CAsQ8wc&usg=AFQjCNGuwgg2pgDd9cS7h1DUrcN_KyeI3Q

Tempted to put this quote as my ideal date!:):)

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Dolly Daydreams

newbee22 wrote: »
    tumblr_lk6ys3tXk81qh5raro1_500.png&sa=X&ei=6yGlT6ntF8OBhQf7zpncAg&ved=0CAsQ8wc&usg=AFQjCNGuwgg2pgDd9cS7h1DUrcN_KyeI3Q

Tempted to put this quote as my ideal date!:):)

Ahhh you have to, if you don't I will :P

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

Date was totally not my type both looks and personality.Oh well.

• Administrators Posts: 53,845 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

Daisies wrote: »
    Date was totally not my type both looks and personality.Oh well.

Was the tea nice?

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

someone messaged me, chatted back and forth a bit, then got annoyed once I mentioned I wasnt looking for anything serious "thanks for wasting my time" ehhh, YOU messaged ME, and it says "dating with nothing serious" on my profile? dope.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

That_Guy wrote: »
    Was the tea nice?

The tea was good. Just finished another cup at home now!

Oh krudler changed his avatar!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,313 ✭✭✭Ankhyu

Looks like I may have a date next week if all goes well

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭miaowsky

I have a date!! We're going for a drink or two :)

Daisies wrote: »
    The tea was good. Just finished another cup at home now!

Oh krudler changed his avatar!

yes I did, its all scary and new.

• Advertisement

another message, another person wanting something more than dating who has "dating/nothing serious" on their profile, make your mind up ffs, this is nearly as headwrecking as real life dating lol

krudler wrote: »
    another message, another person wanting something more than dating who has "dating/nothing serious" on their profile, make your mind up ffs, this is nearly as headwrecking as real life dating lol

To be fair, I have that as my status type thing. They didn't have an option of "wants to date and would gladly get involved in a relationship if things go well".

I think you're reading far too much into things mate.

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭LoTwan

Armaghmagic... Glad to hear it went well. Are you seeing her again?

Date #2 went well. Seeing him again on Monday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 903 ✭✭✭Herrick

To be fair, I have that as my status type thing. They didn't have an option of "wants to date and would gladly get involved in a relationship if things go well".

Completely agree. I'd say a sizable chunk are looking for dating, with a view to a possible relationship.

A lot don't want to put down (from the people I've talked to anyway) "looking for a relationship" as they think it comes across a bit too strong. They use the "wants to date but nothing serious" option instead as it seems more laid back and relaxed.

I think in most cases, its best to view the date but nothing serious option as "if we click, I'd be open to a relationship"

I'm gonna update my profile and make that really clear then, no point leading people on. they really should have more options there though you're right, I guess people see "no commitment" and assume its "I just want a ride", even though theres people on there who clearly advertise thats all they want lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

i've had some dates but I'm thinking of taking a break from dating there has been a few women who i was mailing and stuff and some I was supposed to meet up with.. A couple girls I've got #2 and 3s with but my head is some were else...

they were all nice lades.. Would it be weird to send them a message explaining that I've got some personal problems and Im leaving the site? What do you think? rather then just disappear cause they are all cool all the girls I've had numbers of I told them that i just have other things to sort out and they were cool....

Snowie wrote: »
    i've had some dates but I'm thinking of taking a break from dating there has been a few women who i was mailing and stuff and some I was supposed to meet up with.. A couple girls I've got #2 and 3s with but my head is some were else...

they were all nice lades.. Would it be weird to send them a message explaining that I've got some personal problems and Im leaving the site? What do you think? rather then just disappear cause they are all cool all the girls I've had numbers of I told them that i just have other things to sort out and they were cool....

not at all, better that than just vanishing, if its only a date or two they're not going to get bent out of shape about it I'd imagine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 903 ✭✭✭Herrick

Nothing at all wrong with it, a lot would just disappear without explanation.

At least you have the decency of letting them know. Sure who knows, if you get your personal stuff sorted you may get back talking to some of them again when your in the right head space.

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭alibab

Personally I think that's a lovely idea . I had one guy do that and I appreciated his honesty nothing worse than just disappearing .

Haven't been on here took a break from it all as got fed up . Had a few dates with one guy then nothing for 3 weeks . He deleted his profile etc then out of the blue 3 weeks later text me looking to pick up where he left off . It just left a bad taste in my mouth and I didn't have the stomach for it all .

I am lucky I have a good few single friends and get out about 2 weekends a month and have had a few dates this way . May go back to it after a break .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭randox

Just re-joined POF after deactivating my account 10 months ago and it's mostly the same people. Then again they're probably saying the same of me. Wonder if I should start fresh with a new username or just carry on with the old one?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement