Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Online Dating Thread Part II **Mod Warning** Read First Post/or Post 7389

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭branbee

That_Guy wrote: »
    Galvasean wrote: »
    Reply: "Don't fancy ya".
    Then block her :)

Nah, I've better things to be doing than engaging in petty crapola mate.

what's better than being immature and petty?!

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Dolly Daydreams

Girl just sent me a message:

"Eh, why would you look at my profile and not have the balls to send me a message. Pathetic really."

What the hell?

I'd be well embarrassed if I was her.. If I look at someone and I don't write them a message then I ain't into them, full stop.. If people view me and don't send me a message well then I'm not their cup of tea, no sleep lost..

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭miec

"Eh, why would you look at my profile and not have the balls to send me a message. Pathetic really."

What the hell?

I always find the above attitude bizzare. Likewise I have had people have a go at me because I have viewed their profile and not written but the reason being is because I did not want to. Likewise I know that when someone views my profile it is not an indication that they are into me, it because of curiousity. I often think the 'view me' feature on dating sites are a bad idea, I would prefer if this was removed from sites.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

branbee wrote: »

Em.. not being immature and petty???
    I'd be well embarrassed if I was her.. If I look at someone and I don't write them a message then I ain't into them, full stop.. If people view me and don't send me a message well then I'm not their cup of tea, no sleep lost..

Ah I won't lose any sleep over it. It's just baffling that somebody would take the time to send a message giving out about not sending a message. :pac:

The world's gone mad Ted.

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭miec

I had a date last Saturday. The man I met was very nice, earnest type. I liked him but didn't feel an outright attraction but I really enjoyed his company. We agreed to meet again and we were supposed to meet either Friday or Saturday night but he had to cancel due to a domestic situation blowing up. The thing is before meeting him I noticed that he always e-mails after midnight and he was still on the dating site during this domestic crisis (he is separated or so he says). I must admit that I am not sure about him now but would be interested to hear what others think. As I said he came across as very sincere and a decent sort. I got a mail today saying the issue had blown over now but the cynic in me is wondering did he meet someone else and they were not to his liking or is he still married?

I had another date on the Monday but I felt no attraction for him and I wasn't easy in his company, after half an hour I wanted to go.

• Advertisement

Em.. not being immature and petty???

I was actually just joking! But i will say sometimes it is fun coming down off my high horse and being petty when someone's asking for it- not ashamed to admit it!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

But i will say sometimes it is fun coming down off my high horse and being petty when someone's asking for it- not ashamed to admit it!

I'm the same. I like taking dickheads down a peg or two.
    Should have been a vigilante :o

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

What the hell?

pm a link?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Good idea Krudler, we should all view it and see do we get the same angry mail ;)

I was actually just joking! But i will say sometimes it is fun coming down off my high horse and being petty when someone's asking for it- not ashamed to admit it!

Ah I know you were. It's just not in my nature personally mate.

• Advertisement

Galvasean wrote: »
    But i will say sometimes it is fun coming down off my high horse and being petty when someone's asking for it- not ashamed to admit it!

I'm the same. I like taking dickheads down a peg or two.
    Should have been a vigilante :o

exactly, when its someone that matters il always try to be the bigger person but when its some idiot trying to put me down for something stupid like she did my morals and integrity go out the window!

I dunno if I should PM the link. As weird as the message is, I don't like the thought of someone abusing her. Two wrongs and all that.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

I dunno if I should PM the link. As weird as the message is, I don't like the thought of someone abusing her. Two wrongs and all that.

ah I wont abuse her, I just wanna see what happens and she sends me the same message, could do with a giggle

Maybe she thought she was being flirty in a teasing kind of way? I highly doubt it but it possible!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,805 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

I don't think you should pm out a link That Guy to be honest, I'd just ignore and forget to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭sharper

The ironic thing is that she likely wanted you to message her and she ends up saying something like that. People eh?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,264 ✭✭✭mood

miec wrote: »
    I had a date last Saturday. The man I met was very nice, earnest type. I liked him but didn't feel an outright attraction but I really enjoyed his company. We agreed to meet again and we were supposed to meet either Friday or Saturday night but he had to cancel due to a domestic situation blowing up. The thing is before meeting him I noticed that he always e-mails after midnight and he was still on the dating site during this domestic crisis (he is separated or so he says). I must admit that I am not sure about him now but would be interested to hear what others think. As I said he came across as very sincere and a decent sort. I got a mail today saying the issue had blown over now but the cynic in me is wondering did he meet someone else and they were not to his liking or is he still married?

I had another date on the Monday but I felt no attraction for him and I wasn't easy in his company, after half an hour I wanted to go.

If he is separated like he said then he is married!!!

If things are that messy with him wife do you really want to get involved?

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭LoTwan

mood wrote: »
    miec wrote: »

If he is separated like he said then he is married!!!

If things are that messy with him wife do you really want to get involved?

Agreed... Put him down and walk away from him. You don't want his wife or how domestic crisis in your life!

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Does anyone know what "pets" mean, in regards to the site tagged.com ? I see alot of women with "pets", "loves PETS", etc, either in plain english, or in a weird font. Is it another dating site? Have also seen “on pets” sometimes as well.

About as weird as the ones that have "tanx new owner" in their name... :rolleyes:

LoTwan wrote: »
    Agreed... Put him down and walk away from him. You don't want his wife or how domestic crisis in your life!

Agree. Even if he is really separated he probably isn't legally separated. Which means either he/she isn't read to end the marriage. And you have to be legally separated 4 years before you can get divorced I think. The fact that they has a domestic crisis would imply they still live together. If not he should only be involved in her crisis if there are kids involved. i would run the other way.

• Advertisement

Agree. Even if he is really separated he probably isn't legally separated. Which means either he/she isn't read to end the marriage. And you have to be legally separated 4 years before you can get divorced I think. The fact that they has a domestic crisis would imply they still live together. If not he should only be involved in her crisis if there are kids involved. i would run the other way.

Just a quick defence of those of us who are not legally separated... the lack of a JS doesn't mean that we are still actively involved with our spouses and the presence of it doesn't mean that one party still isn't over it. BUT... if there is still domestic **** going on (other than the usual kids and money stuff) then you don't want to get involved with it, even if there is a JS, heck even a divorce in place.

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭alibab

Agree with what Lotwan says I am legally separated 2 years etc and there is no drama involved now it's all very settled . In the early days of course there were issues but I wasn't dating then and did not feel in a position to do so some people get to that place sooner it was 20 months after seperation before I felt ready emotionally to date others reach this place quicker .

Unfortunately in Ireland you have to wait so long for divorce that your status for a long time is going to be separated and this would not put me off seeing someone of going on dates . In saying that is there was issues and drama and the seperation was very new I would not want to be involved and it's sounds like that may be the case here so I would let it go . I went on a date with someone awhile back separated over 2 years but there was anger and bitterness still and that person I felt still wasn't ready to be dating .

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭newbee22

Love the weird messages, here's one from yesterday! Afraid to check the profile incase I give him a heart attack when he sees that I have viewed it:p

Hello smile of Cork!

Your smile is make impression on my heart so be careful if you check my profile and decide positively, let we meet, take it easy, no expectations just opened mind and taste each other. Ok?

Adoringly,

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

You lucky lucky girl. You seem to have a Nigerian Prince writing to you. Bet if you send him 20 dollars and your credit card details, he'll send over half a million to you in return! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭newbee22

I hope he moves to Cork for me, that would make my weekend! :)

LoTwan wrote: »
    Just a quick defence of those of us who are not legally separated... the lack of a JS doesn't mean that we are still actively involved with our spouses and the presence of it doesn't mean that one party still isn't over it. BUT... if there is still domestic **** going on (other than the usual kids and money stuff) then you don't want to get involved with it, even if there is a JS, heck even a divorce in place.

I know that but I've seen threads on Boards and have had conversation with people IRL who refer to their boyfriends wife as ex wife (some were legally separated but some were not). They were also taking about when they get married etc and didn't seem to realise that may never be possible. I just think when getting involved with someone who is separated (legal or not) that you need to be aware of such issues. If you are and that doesn't bother you that is great but you can't have blinkers on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

Had to tell a guy I'm really busy for two weeks when he asked me out (because I am!). He was really nice about it, said he's happy to wait and is still chatting to me.

Well, that's lovely. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭alibab

I know that but I've seen threads on Boards and have had conversation with people IRL who refer to their boyfriends wife as ex wife (some were legally separated but some were not). They were also taking about when they get married etc and didn't seem to realise that may never be possible. I just think when getting involved with someone who is separated (legal or not) that you need to be aware of such issues. If you are and that doesn't bother you that is great but you can't have blinkers on.

I agree you can't have blinkers on and I have found recently that must dates I will go on are with men in the same situation as myself separated with kids . I am upfront in my profiles about the fact I am separated with kids but the amount of messages I get from men who must not have read my profile as on there profiles they are looking for single women no kids . I don't even reply to them and at this stage would say I tend to actually stick Solely to separated men.

As I said early I am not really doing the online dating thing at the minute as its not really for me . I was chatting to a lovely guy for awhile but it's seems the usual lots of contact getting on well and then just disappears into thin air and that's before the first date .

alibab wrote: »
    I agree you can't have blinkers on and I have found recently that must dates I will go on are with men in the same situation as myself separated with kids . I am upfront in my profiles about the fact I am separated with kids but the amount of messages I get from men who must not have read my profile as on there profiles they are looking for single women no kids . I don't even reply to them and at this stage would say I tend to actually stick Solely to separated men.

As I said early I am not really doing the online dating thing at the minute as its not really for me . I was chatting to a lovely guy for awhile but it's seems the usual lots of contact getting on well and then just disappears into thin air and that's before the first date .

I think most men just look at a woman's photo and don't READ her profile. Also guys tend to have consistencies in their profiles ie not sure if they want kids but they want a woman who definately wants kids!!! Make your mind up. I've ignored loads of guys because of things like this. My advice to everyone would be to check back over you profile and be honest that way you don't waste time messaging / meeting people who are not compatible with you.

• Advertisement

alibab wrote: »
    ...at this stage would say I tend to actually stick Solely to separated men.

I am the same. Most single guys, if they are honest about wanting kids, want their own children, not mine. I am "only" 37 and therefore it is not beyond the realm of comprehension for me to have more children but the ones I have already come as part of the deal (part of the reason I don't have it in me to be a cougar!)

I also keep to an age range because if I go over about 45 I head into the grouping of guys who had kids young, and now has teenagers and doesn't want to get involved with a woman with small children.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement