Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Online Dating Thread Part II **Mod Warning** Read First Post/or Post 7389

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭alibab

LoTwan wrote: »
    I am the same. Most single guys, if they are honest about wanting kids, want their own children, not mine. I am "only" 37 and therefore it is not beyond the realm of comprehension for me to have more children but the ones I have already come as part of the deal (part of the reason I don't have it in me to be a cougar!)

I also keep to an age range because if I go over about 45 I head into the grouping of guys who had kids young, and now has teenagers and doesn't want to get involved with a woman with small children.

Yep exact same as me lol even up to the 45 thing I am 37 also . Better be carful or we will be dating same guys :D. Anyway I am out of the game going back to traditional methods now could be waiting a long long time

So, I signed up to smooch there recently and you'd be amazed at the kind of messages I receive from women on there. Can't really see myself staying there too long - it's rather creepy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭Armaghmagic

Date for tonight is cancelled!!

Was supposed to be going to see American Pie with the girl from Friday night.....but instead I have to help my dad move furniture and wash floors!!SWEET!:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,264 ✭✭✭mood

So, I signed up to smooch there recently and you'd be amazed at the kind of messages I receive from women on there. Can't really see myself staying there too long - it's rather creepy.

Spill!

I thought it was only us females who got creepy messages.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭Armaghmagic

mood wrote: »
    Spill!

I thought it was only us females who got creepy messages.

Yeah please spill.....could really do with some creepy messages!!

• Advertisement

Well, I've had one or two asking if I was willing to travel. But the majority of it seems to be just women saying, "hey, how are you?"

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Is it a free site? If it is, gimme the url there, will ya? Too many sites are free to join, but you gotta pay to view messages, your matches, your flirts... free me hole! :mad:

www.smooch.com.

It's free, but not great really.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Currently looking at a profile I like but cannot think of anything to say.

Damn you hangover brain...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Polloloca

Only one person wrote to me today.

#Feelingunloved.

• Advertisement

Polloloca wrote: »
    Only one person wrote to me today.

#Feelingunloved.

Only on person mailed me this week.

#washappyforthebanter

My theory.

Boards is a better dating site than POF.

Only on boards for a few days and already meeting someone from it! :D

Did anyone ever read the 'tips' POF gives you at the bottom when mailing someone?

"Women’s Top Ten Least Favorite
    Conversation Topics

1. Politics
    2. Other dates
    3. Past relationships "

Number 2 is probably the thing women most want to talk about (to me at least) on POF (and on actual dates too).
    What does it say guys like/don't like to talk about?

Galvasean wrote: »
    Only on person mailed my this week.

#washappyforthebanter
    If I find you, I'll mail you a lovely mail. It will make your week, possibly even your month. And you can take comfort that you'll be the first guy I ever mailed! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

My theory.

Boards is a better dating site than POF.

Only on boards for a few days and already meeting someone from it! :D

I think everyone that posts in this thread has had a date with a boardsie at one time or another. My first date after I joined POF was with a boardsie!

Actually. Half of my dates have been with boardsies. One of them didn't let me know that he knew me from boards until afterwards!

Also. Haven't signed in to any site today, so probably have a couple of messages waiting, since I signed out halfway through conversations last night.

If I find you, I'll mail you a lovely mail. It will make your week, possibly even your month. And you can take comfort that you'll be the first guy I ever mailed! :D

This is how Galva gets all his dates. :pac:

LyndaMcL wrote: »
    This is how Galva gets all his dates. :pac:

Not true. I dated someone from IRL not too long ago...
    Actually. Half of my dates have been with boardsies. One of them didn't let me know that he knew me from boards until afterwards!

Oh that's sneaky! Bit unfair too IMO. I dated a girl who turned out to be a boardsie before. She told me when we met up for the first time, but admitted to be tempted to not do so to see what I'd say about her up here! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

I bribe girls with Toffee Crisps... That's how I get my dates... I've nothing else to offer. :pac:

Having said that I've only had one date from POF.... and I didn't even have a Toffee Crisp to give.

I fail at bribes.

Not true. I dated someone from IRL not too long ago...

Oh that's sneaky! Bit unfair too IMO. I dated a girl who turned out to be a boardsie before. She told me when we met up for the first time, but admitted to be tempted to not do so to see what I'd say about her up here! :pac:

I hadn't written up anything, luckily! I was going to when he let slip that he was a boardsie.

I swear, all of the attractive men on POF turn out to be boardsies.

TG - that is why you and I will never be. I'm allergic :(

If I find you, I'll mail you a lovely mail. It will make your week, possibly even your month.

It'd want to be some seriously awesome mail. I was out in a club last night and two random lads approached me with an iPhone with a picture of Stephen Dorf on it saying, "This is you!".
    Also a female friend said she was jealous of my bum.
    A good night was had by Galvasean indeed :pac:

• Advertisement

Who is stephen dorf?!

TG - that is why you and I will never be. I'm allergic :(

That'd be an awkward first date to explain to your mates.

"So, how did you get on?"

"Well he force fed me a Toffee Crisp and I nearly died... He had lovely hair though"

Who is stephen dorf?!

The bad guy from Blade.

blade-the-spin-off-trilogy--00-470-75.jpg

Galva that is uncanny.

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭miaowsky

I've never dated a Boardsie, well I don't think I have!

Date was great fun, altho he seemed a little surprised I was heading home on last luas and not staying out for the nite. We'd met at 7!! But anyway we're meeting Wed again :)

I love that with age I'm looking less like James Van Der Beek and more like someone cool...

Waitaminiute is that him in a Britney video????

Ah well, back to the drawing board so :o

That_Guy wrote: »
    That'd be an awkward first date to explain to your mates.

"So, how did you get on?"

"Well he force fed me a Toffee Crisp and I nearly died... He had lovely hair though"

Pft. Your hair isn't that lovely.:P

Pft. Your hair isn't that lovely.:P

You cut me deep.... :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,264 ✭✭✭mood

Well, I've had one or two asking if I was willing to travel. But the majority of it seems to be just women saying, "hey, how are you?"

That doesn't qualify as creepy!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭miaowsky

Did anyone ever read the 'tips' POF gives you at the bottom when mailing someone?

"Women’s Top Ten Least Favorite
    Conversation Topics

1. Politics
    2. Other dates
    3. Past relationships "

Number 2 is probably the thing women most want to talk about (to me at least) on POF (and on actual dates too).
    What does it say guys like/don't like to talk about?

There's no difference on ours, just the following:

Women’s Top Ten Favorite Conversation Topics
    Women’s Top Ten Least Favorite Conversation Topics
    Women’s Top Ten Date Picks
    Top Ten Restaurant Types for a Date
    Women’s Top Ten Favorite Ways to Have Someone Flirt with Them

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement