Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Online Dating Thread Part II **Mod Warning** Read First Post/or Post 7389

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Scioch

Yeah I guess that's a good summary of the possible reasons. Should I send another message ? I just want closure!

If it will help settle it I suppose you could. Personally I'd chalk it up to them being for some reason not interested in going any further with it. I know its hard to learn from it for future reference when you dont know exactly why they lost interest but there's a high chance that if they do give a reason it wont be honest so I'm not sure anything can be gleaned from it either way.

As said for whatever reason he's wasted your time so maybe best just forget about him. I know its easier said than done and you dont gain much anyway but its all I have.

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭dub5

Yeah I guess that's a good summary of the possible reasons. Should I send another message ? I just want closure!

No I wouldnt send another message, just move on and forget about him

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Christie Rainbows

LordSmeg wrote: »
    If it will help settle it I suppose you could. Personally I'd chalk it up to them being for some reason not interested in going any further with it. I know its hard to learn from it for future reference when you dont know exactly why they lost interest but there's a high chance that if they do give a reason it wont be honest so I'm not sure anything can be gleaned from it either way.

As said for whatever reason he's wasted your time so maybe best just forget about him. I know its easier said than done and you dont gain much anyway but its all I have.

Thank you. I have decided to wait a few days before I do anything. Cool the jets so to speak :)
    I think he just didn't like my picture and couldn't tell me, so decided to string me along for a bit.

What do ye do in situations where you have been chatting abit and then exchange pictures and you don't like them? Do most people be straight up and say it?

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭newbee22

I have never used the meet me feature and people have been mailing me saying I ticked meet me?:confused: So confusing!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭KamiKazeKitten

newbee22 wrote: »
    I have never used the meet me feature and people have been mailing me saying I ticked meet me?:confused: So confusing!

I think POF just makes that meet me thing up tbh, I never use it and a few people have mailed "so when ya wanna meet up?xx" kinda stuff.

Side note: Why do people put x's at the end of first mails? It just looks sleazy to me :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭missbelle

Maguined wrote: »
    You sound like you look far more like Zooey Deschanel to me. :pac:
    I could be called a lot worse ...both very pretty ladies :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭newbee22

I think POF just makes that meet me thing up tbh, I never use it and a few people have mailed "so when ya wanna meet up?xx" kinda stuff.

Side note: Why do people put x's at the end of first mails? It just looks sleazy to me :confused:

Hey bbz wanna chat xxxxx :p
    Seriously who actually replies to these people!

I absolutely hate when guys mail me and call me "hun", really annoys me!!

Ugh, pet hate of mine... coupled with a sentence like hi hun, howz u sxi x x :-\

• Registered Users Posts: 2,687 ✭✭✭blacklilly

Meeting up with a guy next Saturday. Hopefully it goes well. He seems nice, obviously wouldn't meet him otherwise;-)

• Advertisement

blacklilly wrote: »
    Meeting up with a guy next Saturday. Hopefully it goes well. He seems nice, obviously wouldn't meet him otherwise;-)

Thats brill, good on you. So where are you going for the first date?

Oh best of luck, hopefully date goes well!

Had three dates myself with a new guy, nice guy so we shall see!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,687 ✭✭✭blacklilly

Thanks. Just meeting for a coffee during the day. I much prefer that then going for drinks etc cause its just really casual and relaxed

Thanks. Just meeting for a coffee during the day. I much prefer that then going for drinks etc cause its just really casual and relaxed

Yep that's a good first date...see how ye get on anyway..don't forget to let us know!!

I have sort of given up on the whole dating scene, you have to put alot of effort and time into the online dating stuff. You can get on great with someone on line and then meet them and there is no attraction. Or then you meet the ones that you get on great with, see them for a while, and then they disappear.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,342 ✭✭✭✭starlit

The online dating thing is a little easier if you are in a city or town rather than out the country though. Emigration is playing a bit part despite the country having a population of aprox 4 billion people you would wonder why there isn't someone for everyone!??:confused:

doovdela wrote: »
    The online dating thing is a little easier if you are in a city or town rather than out the country though. Emigration is playing a bit part despite the country having a population of aprox 4 billion people you would wonder why there isn't someone for everyone!??:confused:

Obviously there are more people in city but I dont know whether it is any easier, just means there are more weirdos

dub5 wrote: »
    I have sort of given up on the whole dating scene, you have to put alot of effort and time into the online dating stuff. You can get on great with someone on line and then meet them and there is no attraction. Or then you meet the ones that you get on great with, see them for a while, and then they disappear.

I know what you mean dub5, I have found myself becoming too invested in it, so I am going to give it a break for a while. Been on it 2 months and despite thinking I had some good connections with 3 people, nothing has come of it.

I know what you mean dub5, I have found myself becoming too invested in it, so I am going to give it a break for a while. Been on it 2 months and despite thinking I had some good connections with 3 people, nothing has come of it.

Yeh I did meet a couple of nice guys, but then they get the 2 month itch, and decide that they dont want a relationship etc.

I am still on POF, but I am not making any effort to mail people etc. At the start, it was great fun, I thought it was like on line shopping for men, what more could you want!!! How wrong was I....

Yeh I did meet a couple of nice guys, but then they get the 2 month itch, and decide that they dont want a relationship etc.

I am still on POF, but I am not making any effort to mail people etc. At the start, it was great fun, I thought it was like on line shopping for men, what more could you want!!! How wrong was I....

Yes I thought it was great too, I got nearly 10 mails on my 1st day, this is gonna be a breeze I thought..
    I think because men are more visual than women they place a greater emphasis on looks, perhaps even to a certain extent they may punch above their weight because a hot girl is on it and single so they will chance their arm with her rather than an average looking girl...

• Advertisement

Yes I thought it was great too, I got nearly 10 mails on my 1st day, this is gonna be a breeze I thought..
    I think because men are more visual than women they place a greater emphasis on looks, perhaps even to a certain extent they may punch above their weight because a hot girl is on it and single so they will chance their arm with her rather than an average looking girl...

I just find now that all the mails consist of the same boring chat. No one is jumping out at me but then again maybe I am just not in the right frame of mind at the moment for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

I'm giving up on it, but not because I'm not getting interesting messages or dates.

I'm getting lots of funny, interesting mails from decent looking guys, but I've kind of decided I'm happy how I am. I'd rather make friends with people and if something comes of it, great. If not, that's fine too. :)

I just find now that all the mails consist of the same boring chat. No one is jumping out at me but then again maybe I am just not in the right frame of mind at the moment for it.

Yeah, they all say the same thing. I've beome quite disillusioned with it now. Even the ones you think are nice end up not to be...

LyndaMcL wrote: »
    I'm giving up on it, but not because I'm not getting interesting messages or dates.

I'm getting lots of funny, interesting mails from decent looking guys, but I've kind of decided I'm happy how I am. I'd rather make friends with people and if something comes of it, great. If not, that's fine too. :)

Yeh that is my attitude at the moment too. I am in a good place and enjoying my life. If it happens that I met someone, well and good, it would be a bonus, but I suppose I am not going out on a mission looking for someone

LyndaMcL wrote: »

Thats a good attitude to have Lynda :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Scioch

Can I ask what website/s people use ? And if you have made any genuine friends from it or is everyone on there looking romance and use friendship as a way to give them options ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

I've had a few girls use that meet me thing saying they want to meet me. I sent them a mail to say hello and they didn't reply. What the f*** is that about?

G-Money wrote: »
    I've had a few girls use that meet me thing saying they want to meet me. I sent them a mail to say hello and they didn't reply. What the f*** is that about?

Sounds like they might be looking for attention :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5 FC1988

eh I just jumped in the deep end and trying out POF. Any tips???

• Advertisement

LordSmeg wrote: »
    Can I ask what website/s people use ? And if you have made any genuine friends from it or is everyone on there looking romance and use friendship as a way to give them options ?

I use POF. Yes I have made friends from it, had dates from it etc. I suppose you get what you want from it

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement