Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Online Dating Thread Part II **Mod Warning** Read First Post/or Post 7389

Options

Comments

• Administrators Posts: 53,830 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,805 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

awec wrote: »
    Maybe she was just coincidentally online when you replied?

Perhaps, shes telling me she thinks I'm good looking (Smuggy MacSmuggerson over here lapped that one up!) which is lovely to hear and all, but after two messages from me, seems a biteen forward?..(Perhaps I'm being an oul fart and should stop reading into things!)
    Ara I'll reply anyways..:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

Panthro wrote: »
    Perhaps, shes telling me she thinks I'm good looking (Smuggy MacSmuggerson over here lapped that one up!) which is lovely to hear and all, but after two messages from me, seems a biteen forward?..(Perhaps I'm being an oul fart and should stop reading into things!)
    Ara I'll reply anyways..:pac:

Go with it!
    Better than being not you're not goodlooking :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 820 ✭✭✭Newsite

Had an 'interesting' experience with a girl from one site this time last year.

She had a few photos up, looked very attractive, sent her a message and she replied. There were a good few emails back and forth...asked her to meet up and she agreed. She lived in a town not too far away, so just a quick bus trip to get there...she also asked was I on Facebook etc, so we were friends there too.

So strange though - she cancelled two or three times, the first time we were due to meet in Dub city centre, she was to text me and took ages doing so, then she said she had to go into work, then she said sorry but can't meet up. The next time we were all set to meet up - cancelled again so predictably just an hour before we were meant to meet up - I phoned her to ask her what was going on, wouldn't answer...

Broke off contact with her there and then - one thing I'd say to everyone is don't take things too seriously or invest too much in the hopes of who you're meeting until you know who you're dealing with!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Trigger13222

Hey, I just signed up on POF was wondering would someone lady give a look at my profile see is there any thing major wrong with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭newbee22

Hey, I just signed up on POF was wondering would someone lady give a look at my profile see is there any thing major wrong with it.

Mail me your username and I'll have a look at it for ya!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

Rejected because she didn't like my subject line. Pickyness! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

Date 2 with POF girl was going fine till she told me some dodgy stuff. Back away, not today, disco lady.

Back to the drawing board! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,264 ✭✭✭mood

GrumPy wrote: »
    Date 2 with POF girl was going fine till she told me some dodgy stuff. Back away, not today, disco lady.

Back to the drawing board! :(

Like what?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,264 ✭✭✭mood

Samich wrote: »
    Rejected because she didn't like my subject line. Pickyness! :P

Depends on what it was!

mood wrote: »
    Like what?

Lying about stuff mainly. Stories about people she was with previously, seems she hangs in the wrong circles tbh.

Play it safe, and stay away methinks.

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭den87

Was about to give up on the ol POF for a while but got 2 nice messages off 2 nice girls last night. I'll stick around for a bit yet.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Jesus, so I get two messages from the same girl. I replied last night, had a look today and had two more messages from the same girl waiting for me.
    So I reply with a message, and within 10 mins I get another message from the same girl.
    Too keen?.

Too keen, on a dating website? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭wobblyknees

So what happens after a couple of dates if things have gone well, you seem to have lots in common and conversation is easy? I'm an amateur when it comes to this kind of thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,805 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Too keen, on a dating website? :confused:

I'm just not used to that level of contact so quickly. Perhaps I've been missing out!:)
    Anyways, date organised for the end of the week, I'll see how it pans out.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

I'm just not used to that level of contact so quickly. Perhaps I've been missing out!:)
    Anyways, date organised for the end of the week, I'll see how it pans out.

Haha, wouldn't worry about that. Sure i've an app for yahoomail on my phone and it blips when I get replies, so i'd just go straight on and respond meself.

Girls tag line: "Don't judge a book by it's cover" (has nice pictures)

Me: Okay, *checks out profile, profile is not filled in"

mfw

HGZ18.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,333 ✭✭✭✭itsallaboutheL

I've been chatting to a "burd" that's linking me messages she's getting for the lulz...

There are some mental ****ers out there, it's hilarious!

I've been chatting to a "burd" that's linking me messages she's getting for the lulz...

Pics or it didn't happen! Share the lulz.

• Advertisement

What grumpy said! I haven't got a weird message from a fella in ages(well a few hours!), I forget what they're like! :P

newbee22 wrote: »
    What grumpy said! I haven't got a weird message from a fella in ages(well a few hours!), I forget what they're like! :P

PM me your profile so, I'll sort that out. ;)

Ha apparently I'm very easy to find Grumpy so if you're a good enough weird message sender I'm sure you'll find me! :P

GrumPy wrote: »
    Pics or it didn't happen! Share the lulz.

You really don't want to see these!

It irks me when women confide in you about other men they're talking to on dating sites. It's like being friendzoned before you ever meet.

It irks me when women confide in you about other men they're talking to on dating sites. It's like being friendzoned before you ever meet.

I try not to take myself too seriously and am not exactly planning on meeting a "life partner" over the internet, so i find it highly amusing.

Need advice on re-jigging my profile since I had to give the last girl I met the aul heave ho - be nice to freshen it up!

Any ladies willing to have a look?

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭JennyBurke101

would they be 5 long messages containing a lot of detail or like...

You: Hey
    Her: Hey
    You: Whats up?
    Her: Not much, you?
    You: Not much either...wanna meet up sometime?
    You really don't want to see these!

YES WE DO!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭JennyBurke101

How did I quote myself :/

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement