Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Online Dating Thread Part II **Mod Warning** Read First Post/or Post 7389

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭KamiKazeKitten

Got myself a date tomorrow! sort of a mix of :D and :eek: right now....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭wobblyknees

Reactivated and rejigged the pof profile if anyone would like to have a look?

• Administrators Posts: 53,832 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 145 ✭✭bordsie

any girls there fancy giving my profile the once over for me? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭ladylost

liz2 wrote: »
    BINGO! my profile on cs is officially gone..:D

we were both afraid to bring up the subject incase we seemed too forward, lol, but luckily we were thinking the same thing..

good luck to everyone..;) ill still be snooping every so often to see yer progress..:p
    yay... congrats :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭KamiKazeKitten

Owen wrote: »
    Try him with this one and see if it turns him on. I'm going to link it, because even though there's nothing showing I'm pretty sure it's NFSW :

Linky

Owen, I just Pm'd this back to him - it'll be interesting seeing what I'll get back (if he doesn't die of shock!) ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,746 ✭✭✭✭Misticles

bordsie wrote: »
    any girls there fancy giving my profile the once over for me? :pac:

sure you don't need a dating site... just keep using this line :pac:

Galvasean wrote: »
    Speaking of cartoon quotes, really hope teh people who thanked this post:

got the reference as opposed to thought it was good advice :P

Ah damn!!! And I went and made plans based off that sound advice:eek::eek:

NOT:D

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Had a date Saturday night. Went for drinks in a cosy pub. Went well. Got text asking if I got home safe and that he really enjoyed the evening. I replied stating the same... not a dickey bird over the last couple of days!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

Had a date Saturday night. Went for drinks in a cosy pub. Went well. Got text asking if I got home safe and that he really enjoyed the evening. I replied stating the same... not a dickey bird over the last couple of days!

Have you text them?

People need to take the initiative more,come on!
    :)

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Samich wrote: »
    Girl replies but she's only looking for friends :P

I dont get why people go on dating sites looking for friends. DATING site...
    ladylost wrote: »
    Ah damn!!! And I went and made plans based off that sound advice:eek::eek:

NOT:D

That was a beautiful BEAUTIFUL film!

TAKE IT BACK!!!!!!!!

awec wrote: »
    OKC.

have you answered many questions? I think the more questions you answer the better the chances.. could be wrong though

You realise he's probably sitting thinking the exact same as you?

Text him, what have you to lose?

Text him once mind, see if he replies. If he doesn't, oh well, you tried and can move on. If he does, great.

I've tried taken the initiative with the last few men I meet and nothing positive came of it. Maybe men my age (30s) are not as used to or open to women being forward! I swore I would let the man do the texting next time.

Galvasean wrote: »
    I dont get why people go on dating sites looking for friends. DATING site...

That was a beautiful BEAUTIFUL film!

TAKE IT BACK!!!!!!!!
    OK, OK.. I take it back :pac:

Answering a load now, some of these questions suck.

"Would you date a transexual?"

Aye, of course I would. :rolleyes:

you can skip any you don't want to answer.. there are loads more ;)

I've tried taken the initiative with the last few men I meet and nothing positive came of it. Maybe men my age (30s) are not as used to or open to women being forward! I swore I would let the man do the texting next time.

But sure isnt that better than sitting there wondering?

Im in my 30s and I feckin love when the female takes the initiative as Im sure most blokes posting in this thread will atest to!
    Answering a load now, some of these questions suck.

"Would you date a transexual?"

Aye, of course I would. :rolleyes:

There are a number of TS profiles on POF that Ive seen actually.

Fair play to them having the confidence to put themselves out there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭JohnMearsheimer

I'm just back from my first POF date. She was nice, the conversation flowed and I was attracted to her but something about her didn't quite sit right. She was trashed after 2 pints.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Yeah, I sometimes feel like I should hold back a bit. :cool: I do think some guys do run away from that..

But then sure isn't it luck of the draw and you may never know..
    But sure isnt that better than sitting there wondering?

Im in my 30s and I feckin love when the female takes the initiative as Im sure most blokes posting in this thread will atest to!

And then some guys love it..

But in fairness, if she has gone on a date, if a guy was interested would he not be dying to text her?? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,746 ✭✭✭✭Misticles

I'm just back from my first POF date. She was nice, the conversation flowed and I was attracted to her but something about her didn't quite sit right. She was trashed after 2 pints.

Maybe she had to pre drink to calm her nerves... deserves a 2nd date :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭hollypink

Maybe she had a drink or two beforehand cos she was nervous (bad bad idea of course!)?

Edit: misticles beat me to it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭2 Miles From Narnia

Cheap rounds so... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Larianne wrote: »
    Y
    But in fairness, if she has gone on a date, if a guy was interested would he not be dying to text her?? :confused:

I think it differs really. I hate that whole "wait x amount of hours/days" BS. I know if I had a great time I'd be eager to text her to arrange something in the near future.

What's the point in waiting about really? If you don't take the initiative then the chances are that somebody else will.

Id agree with the others and give her the benefit of the doubt.Maybe try a non beer related activity for date #2.
    Larianne wrote: »

Well I would but you know yer self how the world of online dating can turn usually regular people into dribbling gombeens!

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭timewilltell

Give her another chance!

Believe me... I was that girl a few moths ago...

Except it was 8 glasses of wine (1 pre to calm my nerves) ...
    I'd say I left a lasting impression alright.

:o

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Reactivated and rejigged the pof profile if anyone would like to have a look?

Getting back onto the horse?! Good man. :)
    That_Guy wrote: »
    I think it differs really. I hate that whole "wait x amount of hours/days" BS. I know if I had a great time I'd be eager to text her to arrange something in the near future.

What's the point in waiting about really? If you don't take the initiative then the chances are that somebody else will.

Having a bit of a headwreck at the moment with this. Not exactly the same and maybe I'm overracting, bah. Annoying. :cool:
    Well I would but you know yer self how the world of online dating can turn usually regular people into dribbling gombeens!

Speak for yourself there buddy! :p

• Advertisement

I don't think I have a thick enough skin for this stuff.

How important do people see the match% aspect of OKC? Do other sites have this?

As finding a kindred spirit is really important to me, I am seriously only looking to people that match well after answering a lot of questions etc.

The one person who's profile I thought was really great and someone I thought I'd connect well with never replied to me. Now I feel crappy enough with that. But on the flip side I've all these women who are completely incompatible visiting my profile and messaging me and I just don't understand it.Plus I feel horrible trying to message them and say I'm not interested somehow without coming off like an asshole.

So I feel crap about girls I like not being interested in me and crap for not being interested in girls who inexplicably seem to show interest in me. Crap all over.

Is there a match feature like OKC on other sites?

Not sure I can handle this much more though :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement