Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Online Dating Thread Part II **Mod Warning** Read First Post/or Post 7389

Options

Comments

• Administrators Posts: 53,832 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

Do the ladies send messages much? Feel like Im doing alot of chasing sending out messages. Ironically, my first date was a girl that connected me, but Id imagine that's rare? My profile seems to get a decent amount of traffic, ain't had a message in a while though!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,117 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

GrumPy wrote: »
    Do the ladies send messages much? Feel like Im doing alot of chasing sending out messages. Ironically, my first date was a girl that connected me, but Id imagine that's rare? My profile seems to get a decent amount of traffic, ain't had a message in a while though!

Varies really. Some women do and some don't - I do but only if there is a pic. Although if you read through some of the latest posts here a lot of men have stopped sending messages now and are waiting to be contacted first - hope ye aren't left waiting! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

Dovies wrote: »

Varies really. Some women do and some don't - I do but only if there is a pic. Although if you read through some of the latest posts here a lot of men have stopped sending messages now and are waiting to be contacted first - hope ye aren't left waiting! :rolleyes:

I still send messages. :-) Alot more ladies on POF, but alot more types of woman to avoid as a result. Txt spk is incredibly common it seems!

I still send messages. :-) Alot more ladies on POF, but alot more types of woman to avoid as a result. Txt spk is incredibly common it seems!

Certainly is - both sexes!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭ChannelNo5

Yep which is why I have knocked OKC on the head!

Now most of you know Im the 'granny' of the thread so my settings are for over 35's.

Dovies -Meet your sister girl. I'm early forties so that probably wins me the wrinklies prize! Can you recommend a good site for our age? Or indeed any of the gentlemen here? I found POF demographic was 20's to mid 30's. I also find that most of the men my age or older i have nothing in common with. I'd be going to Download not Michael Buble like and finding it hard to find anyone my age who would too! Heeelllppp!! :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

To be honest the majority of mine have been the same. I've sent out messages but I feel sometimes I'm wasting my time. At least if a woman contacts you , you know she's interested. You can then decide if you like her or not.

ChannelNo5 wrote: »
    Dovies -Meet your sister girl. I'm early forties so that probably wins me the wrinklies prize! Can you recommend a good site for our age? Or indeed any of the gentlemen here? I found POF demographic was 20's to mid 30's. I also find that most of the men my age or older i have nothing in common with. I'd be going to Download not Michael Buble like and finding it hard to find anyone my age who would too! Heeelllppp!! :confused:

Think we are the same age then!! Nope Im afraid POF is the one. OKC is not great IMO, lots of profiles that havent been used for months. CS is full of 20 year olds and Smooch is not too bad but the search facility is not great. No idea what Download is so can't help you there! :rolleyes:

Thanks Dovies. Back to POF it is so. Maybe i can get me some fit young fella who's dying to experience an older woman! Sigh!:(

Oh Download is a metal festival in the UK. Maybe this is my problem!!:o

Thanks Dovies. Back to POF it is so. Maybe i can get me some fit young fella who's dying to experience an older woman! Sigh!:(

Oh Download is a metal festival in the UK. Maybe this is my problem!!:o

Ah - haven't come across many 'download' fans myself then!

• Advertisement

Lads, could this be part of the problem then? What do the gents think?

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭managerman

your not looking in the right place! download rocks!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

How on earth did I miss this thread lol.
    I signed up to Plenty of Fish about a month ago and met a rather lovely Brazilian lady after 2 weeks of yappin with her via messages. She's in Dublin I'm in Galway but we hook up at weekends and are on the phone every night having great chats...I hate talking on the phone so it's new for me.
    She's heading down to me again this weekend so can't wait... :D

Online dating rocks !!! And ChannelNo5 download rocks !!!! it's nearly a requirement that my lady has good taste in Tunes :D

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭managerman

what is with the text speak? came across a girl there and i can't understand most of it really! here are some of her words-

meat-meet
    turm-term
    luv-love
    lucking-looking
    kidz-kids
    firzt-first
    letz-lets
    huck-hook

i don't know if she is taking the piss or not!

awec wrote: »
    :eek:

You put that on your profile and you're sorted!

Oh God dont do that!! :eek:

managerman wrote: »
    your not looking in the right place! download rocks!

I Know!! But ibet you're probably quite a bit younger than me eh? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 39 murhatchi

Never heard of it either. There again Ive never been to anything like that nor would have the inclination.
    Ive left off details of specific interests I have as too narrow stream, not sure if its a good idea or not. :confused:

Edit: age 36....

awec wrote: »

You put that on your profile and you're sorted!

Ah no awec i was kidding! Don't worry Dovies i won't. Us more mature gals seem to get a lot of these lads, on POF specially.:(

murhatchi wrote: »
    Never heard of it either. There again Ive never been to anything like that nor would have the inclination.
    Ive left off details of specific interests I have as too narrow stream, not sure if its a good idea or not. :confused:

Edit: age 36....

That's exactlythe sort of thing i'd like to see as a lady though. It gives a littlemore insight into you. Maybe that's just me?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭uglyjohn

surely there must be plenty of older men who listen to metal?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,247 ✭✭✭Maguined

The problem is there is not a lot of rock/metal/alternative types on online dating websites. So the choice is 100 times more narrow. :(

A shame really as I like the whole rock/metal type.

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭timewilltell

This sounds like someone i went out with once.....

hmmmm

I don't think it was me. But I'm sure she was a lovely girl underneath the several layers of drunkeness!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 6,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭silvervixen84

Just received this beauty:

Subject: Looking for my bride!!!

Dear,

I'm wanna settle down with a nice girl and i'm looking for serious candidate.

Just received this beauty:

Subject: Looking for my bride!!!

Dear,

I'm wanna settle down with a nice girl and i'm looking for serious candidate.

Best offer I have heard all day. You not interested?? :rolleyes:

uglyjohn wrote: »
    surely there must be plenty of older men who listen to metal?

You'd think but not my experience. I mean it's not everything about me but it would be something i'd like in common with any date

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭uglyjohn

hmmmm, my tactic of going for girls with private pics and assuming they'd be good looking appears to be backfiring.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Maguined wrote: »
    The problem is there is not a lot of rock/metal/alternative types on online dating websites. So the choice is 100 times more narrow. :(

A shame really as I like the whole rock/metal type.

How you doin'

Edit .

You're a dude aren't you ??? :(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 6,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭silvervixen84

Best offer I have heard all day. You not interested?? :rolleyes:

Sadly not :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement