Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Online Dating Thread Part II **Mod Warning** Read First Post/or Post 7389

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

He got the hint in the end though ;)

You pinched his bum? :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭KamiKazeKitten

Galvasean wrote: »
    You pinched his bum? :pac:

Lol, not quite, though I went through hair flicking, giggling, snuggling up, nearly sitting on his lap at one point,,,,, it wasn't all that far down the list!

D'aww...
    Just checked into OKC, and I had this message waiting from someone whose page I wandered onto...
    No need to reply, but I thought I'd just say I'm chuffed that an 18-year-old would even drop by. You've made an old man very happy :)

Well, what with me being a vain, vain creature I of course HAD to reply.

Damn men and their mind games! :pac:

• Administrators Posts: 53,832 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

awec wrote: »
    You did everything but ask!

Some girls will do all that stuff even if they want nothing. You forget that most women are impossible to read. Enigmas.

Damn, I'm like an open book man - men are just blind :pac:

No fear, next time I shall pounce, problem solved!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,805 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Lol, not quite, though I went through hair flicking, giggling, snuggling up, nearly sitting on his lap at one point,,,,, it wasn't all that far down the list!

you nearly sat on his lap and he still didn't get the hint?
    Ahh hare!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Ammsy500

Ah well im basically back fishing again :rolleyes: The guy i met up with the other night obviously wasnt so interested after our date, havent heard from him in a few days. Its kind of confusing as he was texting me after the date all chatty and saying how he really liked me and well now nada :confused: His loss anyway he missed out on me :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

Ammsy500 wrote: »
    Ah well im basically back fishing again :rolleyes: The guy i met up with the other night obviously wasnt so interested after our date, havent heard from him in a few days. Its kind of confusing as he was texting me after the date all chatty and saying how he really liked me and well now nada :confused: His loss anyway he missed out on me :P

Why don't you give him a text? :) what have you to lose? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Ammsy500

Samich wrote: »
    Why don't you give him a text? :) what have you to lose? :)

Nah I texted him Sunday night a few texts back and forth and said he'd text me Monday and ye havent heard anything. I just think if somebodies interested they'll get in touch.

I know its only been a day but just have that feeling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭finipops

Changed my heading on POF to "Tea and biscuits for everyone!" and the messages are flying in. Amazing!:p

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

finipops wrote: »
    Changed my heading on POF to "Tea and biscuits for everyone!" and the messages are flying in. Amazing!:p

I have something food related on my profile and I got lots of messages about it. :D

Think TG had something about free chocolate and got a fair few replies before.

Food is the secret!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

Just seen a girl with this tagline: "I am an empty vessel, fill me up ;)"

:eek:

ttNtW.png

• Registered Users Posts: 5,117 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Morning boys and girls!

Maybe its me but I really cant be bothered going on dates! The thoughts of getting ready, heading into town or wherever and meeting someone new and (9 times out of 10) it being a disaster is not appealing to me anymore!! Maybe its just the January blues :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

Dovies wrote: »
    Morning boys and girls!

Maybe its me but I really cant be bothered going on dates! The thoughts of getting ready, heading into town or wherever and meeting someone new and (9 times out of 10) it being a disaster is not appealing to me anymore!! Maybe its just the January blues :rolleyes:

I'm kinda similar at the mo, I don't mind the actual meeting part though, just the hoop jumping with contacting, messaging, moving that onto facebook potentially, then comes the texting etc... It's alot of hard work. :o
    Just waiting for some lovely young lady to contact me and be all like "Meet me tomorrow night at xyz xxxx" :pac:

*waits* ..

• Advertisement

GrumPy wrote: »
    Just waiting for some lovely young lady to contact me and be all like "Meet me tomorrow night at xyz xxxx" :pac:

*waits* ..
    I'm waiting for that too. :o

lol hope ye two arent left too long! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

men are just blind :pac:

Nah, just me. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Larianne wrote: »
    I have something food related on my profile and I got lots of messages about it. :D

Think TG had something about free chocolate and got a fair few replies before.

Food is the secret!!

I had something along the lines of "I make a mean enchilada" and at the bottom of my description is "If you like what you've read or would like your chance to win a Toffee Crisp send a wee message if you like".

I got a few messages with the enchilada thing. I cock blocked myself by changing it to something suggestive. Ah well.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭gemi

Long time lurker here.

Have been enjoying this thread for awhile now, and find think it's great (not to mention often entertaining) that people can discuss their experiences and have support for all their ups and downs with it here. So I want in :)

Finally decided to join OKC. I had joined POF awhile back, and just hate it. With being propositioned for mostly intimate encounters and/or being mailed pics of members', well, members, it's just not for me....nevermind the fact that it hurts my eyes just looking at it. OKC seems far more my cup of tea. Filling in the profile last night was painful enough. I hate that self spiel, it never gets any easier. It also gave out to me for having too many 'irrelevant' questions. Thankfully it's done now, so here goes!

I'm on OKC too, I have found that there ain't many active on it though. Might be different for women though.

Dont think it is - I found lots of non active profiles too. Waste of time IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭gemi

Dovies wrote: »
    Dont think it is - I found lots of non active profiles too. Waste of time IMO

Well, I haven't been looking through too many profiles yet, as I just set it up quickly on Monday night, then filled it in last night. The filling in took ages, I waffle.

I have had four messages since joining.....two before I had a photo up or even anything written at all, which strikes me as a bit odd because the only thing up there was the old school 'a/s/l' and my username. One just said 'great eyes' and I haven't had a chance to read the other one yet. So there seems to be some activity on it anyway.

Will have to just see how it goes, because unless I'm doing/saying something hideously wrong on my profile, I really don't think I could sustain POF.

• Advertisement

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement