Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Online Dating Thread Part II **Mod Warning** Read First Post/or Post 7389

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭missbelle

awec wrote: »
    ainsi tu n'es pas chanceux ;)

chanceuse? I'm a lady ;)

• Administrators Posts: 53,837 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Been on pof a few weeks now and I haven't really been using it. I've gotten a few 'x wants to meet you're but I am not even remotely interested but I got my first message. Sadly she doesn't take my fancy so I was wondering how do I let here down gently?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭booboo88

Itwasntme. wrote: »
    I must be coming across bonkers then. :o

I must be straight jacket type nutty :o

• Administrators Posts: 53,837 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,754 ✭✭✭Itwasntme.

missbelle wrote: »
    We aim to please :D

You been off dating?? ;)

:) Not exactly but close. After some intense, angst-type thinking (I am just an old child), I have decided to dive into the dating pool again and see if it kills me. Facing your fears and all that.

And without further ado- drumroll please- I am glad to announce that I have a date on Friday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭booboo88

awec wrote: »
    Pffft! We all saw your message! :pac:

Yea that he copy and pasted :(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

tosayno wrote: »
    Been on pof a few weeks now and I haven't really been using it. I've gotten a few 'x wants to meet you're but I am not even remotely interested but I got my first message. Sadly she doesn't take my fancy so I was wondering how do I let here down gently?

I don't respond. As is the same with most here.

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭missbelle

agreed - may seem cruel, but hey, plenty more fish in the sea ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,117 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

tosayno wrote: »

Ignore the 'wants to meet you' thing - if they want to meet you they will mail you! As for the other one - either say thanks we aren't compatible or something like that or ignore!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

I have a date this Friday :D

BoooYaaaa !!! :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

This is the message i got off a guy on OKC, seriously, what on earth is worng with people??:confused:

"Hey shawty. lemme holla at you right quick ya know what im sayin. checkin you out over there you lookin kinda good, ya know what im sayin. so i was wondering ya know how about you and me go back to the place, get comfortable, probably sip on some of this henney, you know what im sayin, and after that, you know what im... sayin, we can do the grownup and you can let me clap on dem cheeks, ya hear me? "

• Registered Users Posts: 5,117 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

andreac wrote: »
    This is the message i got off a guy on OKC, seriously, what on earth is worng with people??:confused:

"Hey shawty. lemme holla at you right quick ya know what im sayin. checkin you out over there you lookin kinda good, ya know what im sayin. so i was wondering ya know how about you and me go back to the place, get comfortable, probably sip on some of this henney, you know what im sayin, and after that, you know what im... sayin, we can do the grownup and you can let me clap on dem cheeks, ya hear me? "

So when you meeting up for a 'clap' :D

Is he an African American from one of the more disadvantaged areas?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

KTRIC wrote: »
    Is he an African American from one of the more disadvantaged areas?

Nope, hes an Irish White male... Honestly what goes on in peoples heads to write something like that? I told him to feck off with his copy and paste, he hasnt replied... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

Nope, hes an Irish White male... Honestly what goes on in peoples heads to write something like that? I told him to feck off with his copy and paste, he hasnt replied... :rolleyes:

I think I found the perfect female for him - Irish white female who writes in exactly the same manner :D Unless they're brother and sister :eek:

I spent about 10 minutes trying to decipher her profile, eventually sent it on to someone else to try, they gave up too !

c - 13 wrote: »
    I think I found the perfect female for him - Irish white female who writes in exactly the same manner :D Unless they're brother and sister :eek:

I spent about 10 minutes trying to decipher her profile, eventually sent it on to someone else to try, they gave up too !

NASA, CERN ??

• Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

KTRIC wrote: »
    NASA, CERN ??

Still waiting on a response from them.

This is the guy gave up after 10 mins :D
    http://www.usni.org/category/experts/intelligencecryptology

Eminem in da house y'all. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Semele

I'm back...:mad:

The guy I've been seeing since September (who couldn't see enough of me, told me he was falling in love with me, wanted to give me a key to his flat and talked about us going on holiday together soon!) has apparently had a personality transplant for Christmas!

Gah. Headwrecking idiot. Profiles: reactivated!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

I have a date at 8pm tonight :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭Miss Fluff

Semele wrote: »
    I'm back...:mad:

The guy I've been seeing since September (who couldn't see enough of me, told me he was falling in love with me, wanted to give me a key to his flat and talked about us going on holiday together soon!) has apparently had a personality transplant for Christmas!

Gah. Headwrecking idiot. Profiles: reactivated!

How annoying :mad:

As someone who kissed a lot of frogs I'd say be very wary of the ones who are full on/declaring undying/over-eager as they tend to disappear just as quick!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,247 ✭✭✭Maguined

Miss Fluff wrote: »
    How annoying :mad:

As someone who kissed a lot of frogs I'd say be very wary of the ones who are full on/declaring undying/over-eager as they tend to disappear just as quick!

I would definitely find it too fast for someone to offer me a key to their place after less than months, I would probably find a year to fast for that to be honest but that's just me.

Maguined wrote: »
    I would definitely find it too fast for someone to offer me a key to their place after less than months, I would probably find a year to fast for that to be honest but that's just me.

At least 3 or 4 at minimum.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 145 ✭✭bordsie

"I love dark magic and dark arts, I have made a mans penis fall off before by making him drink a bewitched can of fanta so beware."

the latest new user on POF, seems like nice girl :cool: might ask her "hey bbz?"

• Registered Users Posts: 8,247 ✭✭✭Maguined

bordsie wrote: »
    "I love dark magic and dark arts, I have made a mans penis fall off before by making him drink a bewitched can of fanta so beware."

the latest new user on POF, seems like nice girl :cool: might ask her "hey bbz?"

What sort of sick, disturbed and disgusting person forces another human being to drink fanta, I am outraged!

Dark magic and dark arts? hah I am definitely going to message that user when I get home, sounds right up my masochistic alley.

bordsie wrote: »

Brilliant! :D Maybe Semele can enlist her help with a certain disappearing PoFer. Does he drink fanta?

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭timewilltell

We just detected that you're now among the most attractive people on OkCupid.

Oh OKC you flirt! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

I got a message today from someone who is far more attractive than the girls I usually get involved with. It has put me on the backfoot already.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭timewilltell

Beefy78 wrote: »
    I got a message today from someone who is far more attractive than the girls I usually get involved with. It has put me on the backfoot already.

Positive thinking now, come on! Putting yourself down isn't a way to go with online dating! :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement