Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Online Dating Thread Part II **Mod Warning** Read First Post/or Post 7389

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

Beefy78 wrote: »
    I got a message today from someone who is far more attractive than the girls I usually get involved with. It has put me on the backfoot already.

Eh why??? She messaged you, take it as an ego boost and go with it :D

• Administrators Posts: 53,837 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,247 ✭✭✭Maguined

awec wrote: »
    Just talk to her as if you hadn't seen her photo.

Agreed and for gods sake don't make any comments about her being out of your league or anything like that as it will scream of lack of confidence. Doesn't even matter if you are feeling low in confidence just pretend you are confident and it will develop in time sir.

Think of it this way, you have nothing to lose, just go for it!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

hahaha I'm not that bad! Certainly not going to make any 'out of my league' type comments! I was just pleasantly surprised when I looked at the pictures.

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭fat__tony

Afternoon ladies and gents, I trust that everyone is well.

I want to try and vary my approach to the first date and try wine tasting.

Its listed among her interests on her profile which is why Im considering it.

Im bored of the usual going to bar/pub routine. I feel it would be refreshingly different.

Thoughts?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭KamiKazeKitten

Very kinky, I'm not sure I'm entirely comfortable with what you suggested.. and leather isn't realy my thing.... :eek:

Funny, the hobbies you had listed gave me the impression you weren't that vanilla ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30,731 ✭✭✭✭princess-lala

We just detected that you're now among the most attractive people on OkCupid.

Oh OKC you flirt! :rolleyes:

And I thought I was the only one who got that mail today :D

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

We should have some interesting stories this weekend in this thread! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,754 ✭✭✭Itwasntme.

Freaking out a little.

My profile says 'a few extra pounds' and I mention being overweight in the about me section. Now the guy I am supposed to be going on a date with has clearly stated that he likes curvy girls but not overweight.

I emphasised in an email that the reason I stated that I am overweight is because I am and when he replied, he didn't mention it.

What to do? It's okay if he says so now but I would feel especially horrible if he rejected me upon seeing me when I have made it a point to be honest about my weight.

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭timewilltell

And I thought I was the only one who got that mail today :D

okayguy.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭missbelle

Itwasntme. wrote: »
    Freaking out a little.

My profile says 'a few extra pounds' and I mention being overweight in the about me section. Now the guy I am supposed to be going on a date with has clearly stated that he likes curvy girls but not overweight.

I emphasised in an email that the reason I stated that I am overweight is because I am and when he replied, he didn't mention it.

What to do? It's okay if he says so now but I would feel especially horrible if he rejected me upon seeing me when I have made it a point to be honest about my weight.

Don't diss yourself too much, girl. You've already mentioned your weight, but it'll probably put him off if you constantly refer to it, and seem like it's holding you back.
    Sounds like he is keen to meet you because he likes you (and why wouldn't he :cool:).. he'll have seen your photos and likes what he sees and the banter from your messages.

Good luck, relax & enjoy....and of course come back and update us :D

Freaking out a little.

Well if you have mentioned it already and he didn't say anything about it, I don't see the problem! If it was such a big issue for him surely he would have cancelled it.

Relaaaax :D

Well if you have mentioned it already and he didn't say anything about it, I don't see the problem! If it was such a big issue for him surely he would have cancelled it.

Relaaaax :D

Haha. I wouldn't know relax if it bit me in the butt. :D

missbelle wrote: »
    Don't diss yourself too much, girl. You've already mentioned your weight, but it'll probably put him off if you constantly refer to it, and seem like it's holding you back.
    Sounds like he is keen to meet you because he likes you (and why wouldn't he :cool:).. he'll have seen your photos and likes what he sees and the banter from your messages.

Good luck, relax & enjoy....and of course come back and update us :D

Maybe my weight is the 'Price of admission'. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ObrFwjesno

Haha. I wouldn't know relax if it bit me in the butt. :D

All part of the fun, the nerves...I say that now, and I'll be freaking out when I go on my next date...provided one of these nice guys I'm messaging asks me out :D:o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭DerekDGoldfish

Its does my head in the amount of profile viewsand messages you get from the states on OKC, some of them seem pretty interesting but what is the point in messaging people who live thousands of miles away.

Larianne wrote: »

If only I had agreed to 'put up' yer man after our date!

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Semele

Miss Fluff wrote: »
    How annoying :mad:

As someone who kissed a lot of frogs I'd say be very wary of the ones who are full on/declaring undying/over-eager as they tend to disappear just as quick!

Oh jesus, I know! It was my main stumbling block from the start really but he was persistent, toned it down when I asked and I had actually started to let my guard down when this happened. I will go with my gut next time!

Immature and insecure I think...turns out all his previous girlfriends had been of a similar type to him, so he thinks I'm the weird one:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

Feck it S,you live and learn,sure doesnt every bad experience make you that lil bit wiser going forward!
    :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭Explosions in the Sky

Hey guys/ladies anyone know where to sign up for on online dating, going to take the plunge :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭den87

Hiding the POF profile/taking a break from it for a while, always seems to be the same people online in my area :(

Hey guys/ladies anyone know where to sign up for on online dating, going to take the plunge :)

I'd go with OK Cupid,, there is Plenty Of Fish too, but since I joined OKC I really like it, but hey, hy not join the 2 of them... better odds :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30,731 ✭✭✭✭princess-lala

Jesus I'm the opposite, find nobody at all in my area! Everyone seems to be the other side of the country :rolleyes:

den87 wrote: »
    Hiding the POF profile/taking a break from it for a while, always seems to be the same people online in my area :(
    Think I will try ok cupid, not to sound like a cheap person but is there like a yearly charge on signing up, funds are at zero at the minute :D, thanks by the way

• Registered Users Posts: 13,746 ✭✭✭✭Misticles

Think I will try ok cupid, not to sound like a cheap person but is there like a yearly charge on signing up, funds are at zero at the minute :D, thanks by the way

Tis free to sign up there! Prepare to fill out a lot of info :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭DerekDGoldfish

Misticles wrote: »
    Tis free to sign up there! Prepare to fill out a lot of info :)

If you give me your info and your bank details I will fill it in for you

You have to keep us updated with good & bad tales of how it goes...this thread keeps us entertained/sane :D

I signed up with both OKC and POF, deactivated my OKC one didn't like it, but try both out to see. Sure once you've filled out all the details & description in one, you can copy & paste to the other one :cool:

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 6,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭silvervixen84

Larianne wrote: »

Can't wait to hear how you all get on! This has become one if my favourite threads on boards :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

How are you faring out with yer man SV?

• Advertisement

missbelle wrote: »
    You have to keep us updated with good & bad tales of how it goes...this thread keeps us entertained/sane :D

I signed up with both OKC and POF, deactivated my OKC one didn't like it, but try both out to see. Sure once you've filled out all the details & description in one, you can copy & paste to the other one :cool:
    I will :D
    Edit: If I answer more questions my arm will fall off :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement