Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Online Dating Thread Part II **Mod Warning** Read First Post/or Post 7389

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Yipee,I have a date for Friday from okcupid!First date in a while so bit nervous.Finally,a small glimpse of hope for some action.Its been over a year since I've kissed anyone,and I think I will explode If I dont get some actionsoon!!Fingers crossed for Friday :)

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

panda100 wrote: »
    Yipee,I have a date for Friday from okcupid!First date in a while so bit nervous.Finally,a small glimpse of hope for some action.Its been over a year since I've kissed anyone,and I think I will explode If I dont get some actionsoon!!Fingers crossed for Friday :)

How the friggin feck you only getting a date now?? I just don't understand it. :confused:

Best of luck missy! Fingerscrossed for everyone at the weekend. :) Excitement!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

O_O

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭DerekDGoldfish

I saw the simpsons episode "Bart the lover" again recently and it made me wish I had named my online dating profile as "Woodrow Wilson" to see if anyone picked up on the reference

Ive been messaging a girl back and forth with nothing but Simpsons quotes,and she started it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

Just home from my date.

Congrats, he is a lucky guy!!! I should know I have met you in person and even though you left me all alone in Cork .... :mad: ..... I still think you are amazing :D

Ive been messaging a girl back and forth with nothing but Simpsons quotes,and she started it.

At least when you break up you can send her a message, welcome to dumpsville, population : you

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭MudSkipper

kingtut wrote: »
    Just home from my date.

well, spill?

/not my thread anymore, but cant help lurking every now and then :pac:

MudSkipper wrote: »
    well, spill?

/not my thread anymore, but cant help lurking every now and then :pac:

It was amazing from start to finish but to be honest I had expected that given how much we were texting etc ...

She sent me a message on POF last Tuesday, started chatting, asked her for her number on the Thursday, then asked her on a date Friday and she said yes.... things are moving quickly it seems but hey no complaints so far :P

• Advertisement

I love how chessy the adds are on POF,
    -3 Tips to building great arms
    -Secret tips to get your ex back
    -Beautiful russian girls want you
    -Cougar life, hot older women want younger men now

and now its advertising a lesbian dating site to me.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

would a man be wary if an attractive woman messaged him?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

eternal wrote: »

Personally, I'd be flattered. :o

• Administrators Posts: 53,837 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

Personally, I'd be flattered. :o
    Nobody is replying only the insanely good looking ones. Why is that, no answer from the regular blokes

• Administrators Posts: 53,837 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

Hell no, in fact it is nice for a change!! Mind you in saying that I have received messages from 5 different girls in the last 2 weeks and each of them sent the first message, I was even on a date with one of them tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭managerman

kingtut wrote: »

Hell no, in fact it is nice for a change!! Mind you in saying that I have received messages from 5 different girls in the last 2 weeks and each of them sent the first message, I was even on a date with one of them tonight.

Well how did it go?

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭Bookworm85

I took the plunge today and joined OKC!

I'd been humming and hawing about internet dating for a while, but this morning I took a deep breath and joined up.

Keep your fingers crossed for me :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,754 ✭✭✭Itwasntme.

Why wary?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭Explosions in the Sky

Probably a nooby question but how does one going about making your profile attractable (if that is a word :D). Just made a profile on OkCupid :)

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭missbelle

and now its advertising a lesbian dating site to me.

;) :cool:

Probably a nooby question but how does one going about making your profile attractable (if that is a word :D). Just made a profile on OkCupid :)

Include a few different photos...where you look good of course :cool:

Write a fair description under each section in the profile page - expand on your interests/likes without writing an essay :P try not to be too negative eg I've been hurt too many times in the past/why are guys/girls such a*holes....etc, it's quite offputting in my opinion.

You can filter at the end what kind of person you're looking for, eg Age range.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

Get some one to look over it! Once its not a list of negativity then you should be sound!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Nobody is replying only the insanely good looking ones. Why is that, no answer from the regular blokes

Hmm, well it could be there was something in your profile that they aren't interested in, or that your message didn't catch their attention, or even that they hadn't been online since?

Isnt it possible they dont think you are attractive?

I know,shock horror right.

Bookworm85 wrote: »
    I took the plunge today and joined OKC!

I'd been humming and hawing about internet dating for a while, but this morning I took a deep breath and joined up.

Keep your fingers crossed for me :D

Welcome...this is def the thread for you :D
    Good luck! :)

I hope it goes well missy :)
    Just don't jump his bones when you meet up..I'm sure the action will happen ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,118 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

I have a lunch date tomorrow! :eek:
    Not usually the type I go for (as in looks) but we have had some great chats - seems really friendly and easy to talk to so hey ho!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement