Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Star Trek thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,786 ✭✭✭Evade

India has a space and nuclear program. We don't even have that!! :D
    Hey now, we contribute the bare minimum to the ESA so we can get our flag on all the livery and street defecating is, thankfully, not that common here.

Why did it never register, with me, that Chief O'Brien played the Cello?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭JayRoc

Was that "In Theory"?

I remember noticing it anyway

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭Justin Credible Darts

3091 of my wallpapers, logos, documents, photoshops, celebrities, flags, maps etc now on my trek site

https://gazomg-trek-art.blogspot.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,518 ✭✭✭pah

3091 of my wallpapers, logos, documents, photoshops, celebrities, flags, maps etc now on my trek site

https://gazomg-trek-art.blogspot.com/

Nice. Reminds me of early noughties websites. I like your x-rated section :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,434 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

pah wrote: »
    Nice. Reminds me of early noughties websites. I like your x-rated section :eek:

THE WHAT NOW?

Edit: Jaysus. Lol.

Definitely NSFW

All Eyes On Rafah

• Registered Users Posts: 20,990 ✭✭✭✭Stark

You misclassified Seven of Nine in her normal uniform in that section.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,518 ✭✭✭pah

https://wall.alphacoders.com/big.php?i=563253

Have this across my dual screen setup at work. Looks nice.

pah wrote: »
    Nice. Reminds me of early noughties websites.

I had people try slag me saying it looked like some pre millennium old site.

Thing is, its a blogger, that I altered to make it appear that way by choice.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,474 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

IIRC O'Brien also sang "Jerusalem" - admittedly while drunk with maybe-Englander Bashir - which from this weekending anglophobe's point of view, felt a little wrong to be coming from the mouth from Ireland's greatest fictional character. :D

• Advertisement

pixelburp wrote: »
    IIRC O'Brien also sang "Jerusalem" - admittedly while drunk with maybe-Englander Bashir - which from this weekending anglophobe's point of view, felt a little wrong to be coming from the mouth from Ireland's greatest fictional character. :D

and tried to be an english pilot in the battle of britain in the holosuites.

Also sang the minstrel boy in TNG

• Registered Users Posts: 29,980 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

pixelburp wrote: »

He, well Colm Meaney, did veto the appearance of a leprechaun in 'If Wishes Were Horses', that's why we got Rumpelstiltskin.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

Imagine how bad it would have been if O'Brien wasn't over the X hundred years.

when o brien said "bollocks" in the episode times orphan...it was cut out on syfy and bbc....but not cut by rte, when shown on air

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,474 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Evade wrote: »
    Imagine how bad it would have been if O'Brien wasn't over the X hundred years.

I don't believe for a second mild or severe cultural biases wouldn't still exist on Federation Earth. It's just not something folk go to war over, being the difference. The Irish would still mock the English; the English mocking the French; and so on.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,114 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Relations with the UK probably improved after our reunification. :D
    Did RTÉ show all the Treks?
    I only remember them being on Sky and BBC.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,990 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Is the UK part of the Federation? :pac:

flazio wrote: »
    Relations with the UK probably improved after our reunification. :D
    For all we know reunification came about by the Republic joining the UK.

Honestly, I presume by the time of the Federation, the UK still hasn't worked out what kind of Brexit it wants. Oooh, topical ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,114 ✭✭✭✭flazio

I just remember Data saying we got the North back.

• Advertisement

Yep and edited out by RTE at the time If I remember rightly

Stark wrote: »
    Is the UK part of the Federation? :pac:

no....remember brexit....they are going out on their own

• Registered Users Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭JayRoc

Yep and edited out by RTE at the time If I remember rightly
    My recollection is that it was the BBC and that they actually pulled the entire episode, I may be wrong

JayRoc wrote: »
    My recollection is that it was the BBC and that they actually pulled the entire episode, I may be wrong

you are right about it being the bbc

article here

https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Irish_Unification_of_2024

• Registered Users Posts: 25,996 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

Yep its only 4 years away now lads. Between Brexit and Boris Data might have been on the money

breezy1985 wrote: »
    Yep its only 4 years away now lads. Between Brexit and Boris Data might have been on the money

did he mention any sporting events....could get myself down the bookies :D

• Registered Users Posts: 16,050 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

So I was watching a YouTube video about what might have been on season 5 of Enterprise and then thought CBS should do it in cartoon form we could get 3 more seasons if Enterprise and get whatever original cast want to come back to voice there character if not get someone else or change the character for another one. It would not cost that much and we would get the Romulan war and all the other things they had planned including Shran as a member of the Enterprise and the refit too. Surely it's the perfect answer to it.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,874 ✭✭✭Rawr

AMKC wrote: »
    So I was watching a YouTube video about what might have been on season 5 of Enterprise and then thought CBS should do it in cartoon form we could get 3 more seasons if Enterprise and get whatever original cast want to come back to voice there character if not get someone else or change the character for another one. It would not cost that much and we would get the Romulan war and all the other things they had planned including Shran as a member of the Enterprise and the refit too. Surely it's the perfect answer to it.

I'd watch that. Especially if they go into the Romulan War. Also..always liked the look of the NX Refit

qyTiao3yGoyIdmBSTzDG-VqvCd6tH2zPD8EBmGOwnonrBqyez98uwp-6qVtCpm3uGfiAJlioOcnn-C0gD1o59_9paRLYETwhoCLfQfpS3jyuQdeq

• Registered Users Posts: 16,050 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Rawr wrote: »
    I'd watch that. Especially if they go into the Romulan War. Also..always liked the look of the NX Refit

qyTiao3yGoyIdmBSTzDG-VqvCd6tH2zPD8EBmGOwnonrBqyez98uwp-6qVtCpm3uGfiAJlioOcnn-C0gD1o59_9paRLYETwhoCLfQfpS3jyuQdeq
    Me too to watching it and liking the look of the refit NX-01.
    Just have to get CVS/Paramount to notice now and get it out there to get done. So if anyonexwants to start a pole online for it a post it here that would be great. Maybe if we got a petition to send to them even with enough names on it

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,996 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

Sorry to spoil the fun but Enterprise is seen as toxic and will never be touched again. Which is unfair really because looking back it's way better than Voyager which is crap bar a few episodes

Advertisement