Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Star Trek thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,991 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

Inviere wrote: »
    Was it a cellular peptide cake?

Well done sir

• Registered Users Posts: 3,517 ✭✭✭pah

Inviere wrote: »
    Was it a cellular peptide cake?

With mint frosting 😉

• Registered Users Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭nyarlothothep

Something I noticed about DS9 is when Jake who is 17/18 in season 3 is allowed to sip a bit of champagne but just one sip and no more before Sisko snatches it away. I always found that excessive and reflective of American anxieties about alcohol.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,786 ✭✭✭Evade

Something I noticed about DS9 is when Jake who is 17/18 in season 3 is allowed to sip a bit of champagne but just one sip and no more before Sisko snatches it away. I always found that excessive and reflective of American anxieties about alcohol.
    He would only have been 15 or 16 depending on the month but the point still stands, especially considering it was probably synthahol which has milder effects.

Evade wrote: »
    He would only have been 15 or 16 depending on the month but the point still stands, especially considering it was probably synthahol which has milder effects.

Synthahol was non alcoholic

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,433 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

breezy1985 wrote: »

Maybe Sisko was saving him from something that would taste like sh1te :D

All Eyes On Rafah

Technically since it's not alcohol yes, but it still has some intoxicating effects.

Technically since it's not alcohol yes, but it still has some intoxicating effects.

Fair enough. I thought it was just a space word for 0% alcohol

Fair enough. I thought it was just a space word for 0% alcohol
    It's more along the lines of alcohol that never lets you get more than 2-3 drinks in drunk and lets you sober up instantly.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,471 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

What's the percentage proof on Romulan ale then?

• Advertisement

pixelburp wrote: »
    Percentage and proof are two different measurements but either way a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭a_squirrelman

Romulan Ale will blow the head off ya.

You can actually buy it. Apparently it's sh1t though

https://www.ratebeer.com/Ratings/Beer/Beer-Ratings.asp?BeerID=3372

https://www.ebay.com/c/1907828493

Had one here about twenty years ago.

Overrated and the ferengi behind the bar took some convincing reagrding my USIT ID. You know the ones where they used to write your DOB on it in biro :D:D:D Nearly had to slip him some gold pressed latinum under the counter.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,471 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Apparently there used to be a Star Trek Experience in Las Vegas I think, with costumed staff and a bar you could order "authentic" Trek drinks. Friend of mine went with his Trek obsessed sister, I believe it closed a few years back though

Apparently there used to be a Star Trek Experience in Las Vegas I think, with costumed staff and a bar you could order "authentic" Trek drinks. Friend of mine went with his Trek obsessed sister, I believe it closed a few years back though

Please tell me it had goatee stickers on the bathroom mirrors

• Registered Users Posts: 3,874 ✭✭✭Rawr

There's a good chance that was real Champagne. Quark tended to cater for most of the functions/parties on DS9 and his main side-hustle was shipping booze. He probably stocked plenty of Earth-booze to cater to Starfleet, much in the same way he'd stock Kanarr for the Cardasians.

Also, I think syntahol was mostly a policy restriction on Starfleet / Federation replicators. My guess is that most other powers didn't bother restricting booze. The Klingons certainly didn't :P

Yeah my link above is for there. Went there in 2001. The ST Experience was great.

pah wrote: »
    Had one here about twenty years ago.

Overrated and the ferengi behind the bar took some convincing reagrding my USIT ID. You know the ones where they used to write your DOB on it in biro :D:D:D Nearly had to slip him some gold pressed latinum under the counter.

Damn! I would have liked to have gone to that. What a tragedy gah!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,510 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Anyone go to the Star Trek experience thing in London years ago - was a big let down apart from the TNG bridge

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

I went twice in 2007, it was fantastic. The Borg encounter experience was utterly fantastic but the main attraction was Quark's bar, was such a good laugh and all the costumed 'cast' were well up for it and in character. Had some serious cocktails in there too, borg sphere was amazing.

Markitron wrote: »
    I went twice in 2007, it was fantastic. The Borg encounter experience was utterly fantastic but the main attraction was Quark's bar, was such a good laugh and all the costumed 'cast' were well up for it and in character. Had some serious cocktails in there too, borg sphere was amazing.

Fcuk I'm jealous

All Eyes On Rafah

Can you play the "Allamaran count to 4" game

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Wedwood

Some of you may remember the Star Trek exhibition in Mosney around 1995/6.

It had displays of costumes, sets, props and models from the TV series and movies. Among the highlights I remember were the actual Enterprise movie model used in the first 6 movies, all the main cast costumes from both TV and movies (eg Kirk, Spock, McCoy, Khan, Chang, Picard, Data etc), phasers and tricorders from the original series and the original bridge set.

The exhibition toured the world, here’s a link to a video of the exhibition when it arrived in Germany.https://youtu.be/RAm-tQdtALE

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,648 ✭✭✭✭beauf

I was at that. you went on a virtual ride on a ship then the exit was through the Quark's bar.

Wedwood wrote: »
    My mum used to enter every RTE Guide competition and tickets to this were one of her wins. The only things I really remember about it were the TNG transporter pad, Borg costumes, an the early DS9 style science division uniform top I got.

Wedwood wrote: »

It had displays of costumes, sets, props and models from the TV series and movies. Among the highlights I remember were the actual Enterprise movie model used in the first 6 movies, all the main cast costumes from both TV and movies (eg Kirk, Spock, McCoy, Khan, Chang, Picard, Data etc), phasers and tricorders from the original series and the original bridge set.

The exhibition toured the world, here’s a link to a video of the exhibition when it arrived in Germany.https://youtu.be/RAm-tQdtALE

I remember that. Was great. Playing with the transporter pad was cool and sitting in all the Captains chairs when staff werent looking.

All Eyes On Rafah

beauf wrote: »
    I was at that. you went on a virtual ride on a ship then the exit was through the Quark's bar.

I recall the lights went down and the sound of a transporter beam was heard, the set was changed while the lights were down, when they came up you were on the ship then you went through sliding doors to the Enterprise D bridge. It was awesome

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

pah wrote: »
    I recall the lights went down and the sound of a transporter beam was heard, the set was changed while the lights were down then you went through sliding doors to the Enterprise D bridge. It was awesome

Yep, that was absolutely incredible. The production values were insane.

Before the start of the tour when everyone was lined up, the tour guide pointed at my Star Wars t shirt and told everyone to boo me - which they did. Pissed myself laughing.

• Advertisement

Yep, that was absolutely incredible. The production values were insane.

Before the start of the tour when everyone was lined up, the tour guide pointed at my Star Wars t shirt and told everyone to boo me - which they did. Pissed myself laughing.

3eql.gif

:D

All Eyes On Rafah

Advertisement