Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Star Trek thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

was early TNG.. he was on some space station with just her recorded letters to her sister and her dog (which turned out to be a shape shifting alien) which tried to kill him

always thought it would have been awesome if it was retconned that the alien was a dominion shapeshifter

--edit

didn't he fall in love with some holograms too?

Ah yeah, Aquiel is that episode...don't think he fell in love with her though :confused: I think he just felt he got to know her through listening to her letters etc.

Re holograms, I think thats Dr. Leah Brahms he recreated in the episode Booby Trap. Again, I think he just developed a rapport with the character from working with her...not sure if it was ever anything else. She turned out to be quite different in reality when he met her

• Registered Users Posts: 4,906 ✭✭✭SarahBM

poor geordie, if only he could have married a warp core :(

SarahBM wrote: »
    poor geordie, if only he could have married a warp core :(

:D even Data got his bit on the show :p

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

EnterNow wrote: »
    Ah yeah, Aquiel is that episode...don't think he fell in love with her though :confused: I think he just felt he got to know her through listening to her letters etc.

Re holograms, I think thats Dr. Leah Brahms he recreated in the episode Booby Trap. Again, I think he just developed a rapport with the character from working with her...not sure if it was ever anything else. She turned out to be quite different in reality when he met her

"Overview: The crew of the Enterprise investigate a mysterious death on a remote station, and Commander La Forge falls for the main suspect.
    "

"hanks to her research, the location of the source of the Genesis Wave is discovered, with Maltz destroying it on a suicide mission. In a subsequent conversation with Geordi La Forge, he admits his love for Brahms, but assures her that he expects nothing in return. La Forge only asks her to meet him at an engineering conference in a few months' time, and she agrees."

from google. la forge is a permanent resident of the friend zone.

"Overview: The crew of the Enterprise investigate a mysterious death on a remote station, and Commander La Forge falls for the main suspect.
    "

"hanks to her research, the location of the source of the Genesis Wave is discovered, with Maltz destroying it on a suicide mission. In a subsequent conversation with Geordi La Forge, he admits his love for Brahms, but assures her that he expects nothing in return. La Forge only asks her to meet him at an engineering conference in a few months' time, and she agrees."

Hmm, I'd have to rewatch them,...its been a while since I seen them but I don't remember him falling in love with those characters, maybe so though!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,783 ✭✭✭knucklehead6

Was he not married to Leah in one of the alternate realities in AGT?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭norrie rugger

Was he not married to Leah in one of the alternate realities in AGT?

Yeah in All Good Things.
    Picard and Geordi were in the Vineyard and Picard asks how Leah and the kids are doing

Yeah in All Good Things.
    Picard and Geordi were in the Vineyard and Picard asks how Leah and the kids are doing

Cool, never copped that before

Amateur.... :rolleyes:

:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p

I'm part way into Season 4 of my Voyager run through. I have to say, the excellent Scorpion 1 & 2, and the even more excellent Year Of Hell 1 & 2 have been the absolute highlights so far. Its no coincidence that the best episodes so far have been where Voyager is almost wrecked & up against huge odds. The whole series should have been like that!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭Please Kill Me

I'm part way into Season 4 of my Voyager run through. I have to say, the excellent Scorpion 1 & 2, and the even more excellent Year Of Hell 1 & 2 have been the absolute highlights so far. Its no coincidence that the best episodes so far have been where Voyager is almost wrecked & up against huge odds. The whole series should have been like that!

Agreed!!! Watched both of these only recently. Kurtwood Smith played the part well in Year of Hell. He was very good! Great story line.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭downwithpeace

Both are good but even though I did find Year of Hell enjoyable it always comes off as a cheap time episode to add dramatic peril to the ship.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,172 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I enjoyed Year of Hell, but it almost felt like it was intentionally making fun of the fact that Voyager never actually seemed to get damaged. Show it get hammered in two episodes, and retain the damage, yet never show damage last more than an episode over the show's 7 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭nyarlothothep

Geordi had an implanted memory of some chick on Rigel when he was being used by the Romulans as a sleeper assassin. Not sure if that counts because the episode end with Troi dismantling his memories. Worf also tutored him in trying to pick up dates. However his lack of success with women may be attributed to a legacy issue given that he was originally intended to be gay by the scriptwriters.

Saw the ep of Voyager where they had to erase his memoery because he was having a crisis of conscience over the death of an ensign.
    what a great performance from Picardo.
    I really want to buy the complete boxset but I just cant bring my self to spend that much money on DVDs.

Maybe I should write another letter to Santy, ya know? subtle reminder :D

Saw the ep of Voyager where they had to erase his memoery because he was having a crisis of conscience over the death of an ensign.
    what a great performance from Picardo.
    I really want to buy the complete boxset but I just cant bring my self to spend that much money on DVDs.

Maybe I should write another letter to Santy, ya know? subtle reminder :D

Apparently, the entirety of TNG, DS9 & VOY are on the US netflix. I've no idea how one might access the US netflix though.

In other news, I see Spotflux is a good way to give yourself a US ip address. Handy for logging into work mainframes etc if you work from home.

Also, Bob Picarda is nothing short of brilliant in Voyager. I feel I must mention Tim Russ too...he portrays a Vulcan to the standards only one man has ever done before...he's an absolute master.

Apparently, the entirety of TNG, DS9 & VOY are on the US netflix. I've no idea how one might access the US netflix though.

In other news, I see Spotflux is a good way to give yourself a US ip address. Handy for logging into work mainframes etc if you work from home.

Also, Bob Picarda is nothing short of brilliant in Voyager. I feel I must mention Tim Russ too...he portrays a Vulcan to the standards only one man has ever done before...he's an absolute master.

He is brilliant! Tuvok is just so cool! only regular vulcan character since Spock, give credit where it is due!
    I love Voyager. I know a lot of people slate it but I think its great. wish it didnt have to end, but it was ended properly (bar the Seven Chakotay thing) so I guess I cannot complain too much.

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭sparkthatbled

Something has been bothering me... In the midst of a battle, especially in Voyager, there is often an explosion on the bridge and suddenly, rocks everywhere! I would understand (and accept) bits of consoles, wiring, unfortunate ensigns etc but where the f do all the rocks come from? It really makes no sense!

Something has been bothering me... In the midst of a battle, especially in Voyager, there is often an explosion on the bridge and suddenly, rocks everywhere! I would understand (and accept) bits of consoles, wiring, unfortunate ensigns etc but where the f do all the rocks come from? It really makes no sense!

In the ep Scorpion pt 1&2 there is loads of debris on both the Voyager and Equinox bridges. I couldnt figure it out either. Janeway picks up the Voyager plaque and brushes what looks to me like rubble (where the hell do you get that in space?)

I guess they could be space rock :rolleyes:

In the ep Scorpion pt 1&2 there is loads of debris on both the Voyager and Equinox bridges. I couldnt figure it out either. Janeway picks up the Voyager plaque and brushes what looks to me like rubble (where the hell do you get that in space?)

I guess they could be space rock :rolleyes:

I'm guessing it was meant to be broken rubble from the walls and ceiling, it looked a lot more like rock rubble then ship materials.

• Advertisement

It's obviously big pop rocks which are part of star fleet field rations.

I was envisioning some disgruntled worker in the shipyards filling some sections of wall with rubble thinking "ha, this will really kick them when they're down!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭Taco Corp

The one thing that always bothered me, mostly in Voyager, but in the others too, was seat belts or lack of. When it's battle stations people invariable end up flying out of their seats. Seems like a seat belt or 2 in would have been useful.

I remember an old fashioned ship in a TNG episode (possibly the 1701-C) that had attachments to the captains chair which go over the legs and presumably keep the captain seated during a battle.

I remember an old fashioned ship in a TNG episode (possibly the 1701-C) that had attachments to the captains chair which go over the legs and presumably keep the captain seated during a battle.

The USS Excelsior was it not, as seen in ST:3?

Wanted to watch a random DS9 episode last night and ended up watching "Call to Arms" and "A Time to Stand", both of which are great episodes but the mines started to raise some questions. Wouldn't a giant explosion, Dominion equivalent of a nuke, have destroyed the whole field in one quick go.

Wanted to watch a random DS9 episode last night and ended up watching "Call to Arms" and "A Time to Stand", both of which are great episodes but the mines started to raise some questions. Wouldn't a giant explosion, Dominion equivalent of a nuke, have destroyed the whole field in one quick go.

In the voice of Rom, "Self...Replication" :) They had to conjure a way to deactivate the replication technology first. Once done, in the voice of Dukat "Weak eyes or not...that explosion you will see"

In the voice of Rom, "Self...Replication" :) They had to conjure a way to deactivate the replication technology first. Once done, in the voice of Dukat "Weak eyes or not...that explosion you will see"

Yeah but if they're all destroyed in one go how can they self replicate.

Either the replication units can detect the mine is about to fail & initiate a replicated mine in an instant, or the mine field was far bigger than we think :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,229 ✭✭✭LeinsterDub

Wasn't it that any explosion big enough to destroy the entire field would destabilise the worm hole?

However that doesn't explain why they couldn't just get a fleet of ships to target multiple mines with phasers

Advertisement