Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Star Trek thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭Taco Corp

Just after watching episode 1 of season 3 of Enterprise. Serious candidate in there for Peter Griffin's side boob hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Just after watching episode 1 of season 3 of Enterprise. Serious candidate in there for Peter Griffin's side boob hour.

Pics :p

Kirby wrote: »
    Pics :p
    I might get banned if I did! I was a bit surprised when I saw it. I had to rewind and pause it for quite some time to make sure my eyes weren't deceiving me :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭norrie rugger

Can we get a mod ruling on that? I mean they are available to all viewers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Can we get a mod ruling on that? I mean they are available to all viewers

A time-code would do me, so I can help 'arbitrate' :D

• Advertisement

My dvd set could get a dusting off ha

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,656 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

It's allowed *

Not a mod of ST!!

EnterNow wrote: »
    A time-code would do me, so I can help 'arbitrate' :D

36:36 on the version I have. It's the scene when they start doing the vulcan neuropressure.

You're all probably going to be disappointed now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

My dvd set could get a dusting off ha

if-you-know-what-i-mean-meme.png

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,172 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Don't google T'Pol sideboob in work...especially with safe search turned off :o

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

teh ****...

Finished VOY "Pathfinder", fantastic episode, truly enjoyable. And in typical Voyager fashion, the next episode in order is "Fairhaven". I'm half tempted to endure it here to remind myself how bad it is!

• Moderators Posts: 3,554 ✭✭✭Wise Old Elf

Wrath of khan on e4 at 22:45 tonight (sat 22nd).
    Khaaaaaaan :-)

Finished VOY "Pathfinder", fantastic episode, truly enjoyable. And in typical Voyager fashion, the next episode in order is "Fairhaven". I'm half tempted to endure it here to remind myself how bad it is!

I lasted ten mins of it, its practically unwatchable.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭nyarlothothep

Wrath of khan on e4 at 22:45 tonight (sat 22nd).
    Khaaaaaaan :-)

Ricardo Montalban also puts in a good performance to compliment Shatner's KHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Moderators Posts: 3,554 ✭✭✭Wise Old Elf

Ricardo Montalban also puts in a good performance to compliment Shatner's KHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Too true. Can't take the Khaaaaaaaaaan anymore without thinking of this :D

Hey look, I just embedded my first video successfully :o

Well, I must backtrack somewhat in my Voyager runthrough...to Season 5, episode "11:59" - I kept it for this evening to watch as its about as close to an Xmas episode Voyager gets.

Also, wishing you all a happy Xmas/holiday period & its been fun posting/discussing all things Trek with yee lot :)

Well, "11:59" is down..one more Trek related item to watch tonight. Time for another bottle of Bulmers, a few more tea cakes, a few more Snowballs {cafferys ones of course, there's simply no other option :D} and time to watch the Blu Ray of this for only the 2nd time. Here goes:

star_trek_new_movie_poster_3_27_09-400x5921-202x3001.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,906 ✭✭✭SarahBM

I would love to watch Star Trek 11 right now but I dont have it with me. plus my family dont like star trek. or stargate. or star wars. or anything space related really :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

Happy Christmas Guys!

• Advertisement

Just finished Star Trek XI

Though its only my 2nd time to see it, I liked it. It is Trek at its core, but its buried under tonnes of bells & whistles and layer upon layer of polish. The cast, in particular Chris Pine, Zachary Quinto & Karl Urban were absolutely stellar. The chemistry between Kirk, Spock & McCoy was incredibly good & very very similar to how the original actors interacted.

The story is the usual Trek time/alternate reality type thing thats been done a million times, & I didn't like how Romulus is left destroyed in the established timeline. But as far as reboots go, I think the established canon got away fairly lightly & can now be 'cordoned off' from this new alternate timeline.

The one thing that I didn't like however, & it was incredibly prevalent this 2nd time round watching it, was the sheer amount of lens flares. Its absolutely ridiculous. I mean consoles on the bridge were causing lens flares, it got pretty distracting. But all in all, I'm glad I watched it again.

Bring on the sequel! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭downwithpeace

The one thing that I didn't like however, & it was incredibly prevalent this 2nd time round watching it, was the sheer amount of lens flares. Its absolutely ridiculous. I mean consoles on the bridge were causing lens flares, it got pretty distracting. But all in all, I'm glad I watched it again

There were a few parts that looked like they were shot in a warehouse, I beams everywhere with lots of open space.

There were a few parts that looked like they were shot in a warehouse, I beams everywhere with lots of open space.

Yeah definitely, there was no consistency between the sets for the Enterprise so to me it never really felt like a ship, more just a collection of different places. The bridge seemed really futuristic, the corridors were more traditional, main engineering looked industrial etc

I know there's a few Vic haters here, but haters be hatin' :D I think he's cool & I love all the old rat pack/big band music so this was a perfect thing to find under the tree

33257xz.jpg

Very very cool

Very very cool

Here's to the losers man pal :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,406 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Watched Encounter at Farpoint on SyFy earlier. Pretty good, if sometimes a bit cheesy. Also, and this largely applies to the first episode, but some of the close ups of Picard vs. Q seemed a bit dodgy re the quality of the footage. It was like a Youtube video where it's obvious a person has taped something from their TV and posted it online. Looked quite poor.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭GreenWolfe

Have a non-polluting, Enterprising New Year! (blame Shatner for that one)

Winding down my VOY runthrough, I've got about 8 eps left and then I'm done. The show gets pretty ok by season 3, pretty good by season 4...but I have to say I enjoyed season 5 & 6 a lot. Season 7 has been lacklustre, but all in all, I'll miss it when I'm done.

Next...Space: Above & Beyond and then Stargate SG:1...let the good times roll!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

Next...Space: Above & Beyond, then babylon 5, then farscape and then Stargate SG:1...let the good times roll!

FYP :)

Advertisement