Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Star Trek thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

SarahBM wrote: »
    with all the DS9 references that I dont get, I might just have to do a run through. FML. I guess I wont be getting that masters after all LOL

Have faith in the Prophets! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,906 ✭✭✭SarahBM

Have faith in the Prophets! :)

I was going to reply Hallowed are the Ori, but wrong thread :rolleyes:

Resistance is futile :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

The best episodes of Voyager don't revolve around Janeway :P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,319 ✭✭✭Quandary

Janeway made it hard to like voyager but Seven and The Doctor were nearly always involved in quality episodes which kept me coming back.

DS9 had some amazing characters but my favourites were Garak, Quark and Dukat. Chief O'Brien's character developed nicely in DS9 also. I liked Cisco sometimes but I found him a bit too preachy.

TNG was all about Picard. I loved watching Patrick Stewart on screen and Picard is my all time favourite Star Trek character. Some incredible episodes - The Inner Light, Family and Chain of Command being particularly memorable for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭Kurn

I enjoyed Janeway to be honest -for the most part - but I don't understand the way they wrote her at times, getting her to do the 'right' thing no matter what, and then getting her crew to challenge her, what did they think that would do to the character?

But the above poster is right about the episodes that revolved around here, they were not the best to watch...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,906 ✭✭✭SarahBM

Best episodes revolving around Janeway usually involved Q
    Q2 is one of my favs. "Don't you Aunt Kathy me!" :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭GreenWolfe

SarahBM wrote: »
    Best episodes revolving around Janeway usually involved Q
    Q2 is one of my favs. "Don't you Aunt Kathy me!" :D

That was a good episode alright. I really liked "Scientific Method" as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

What were the DS9 writers thinking when writing the Ferengi stories? Almost as bad as making Rom Grand Nagus and his sweeping reforms

Wouldn't it have been better if the Dominon invaded Ferenginar, wiping out a lot of the male population, Ferengi women step up, prove to the males they are just as capable as earning profit/running businesses and figthing for their rights :P

I'm probably waffling here because the Ferengi episodes in DS9 were woeful.

I thought they were all brilliant, Grand Nagus Zek was hilarious!

I'm struggling with voyager at the moment, that stupid hedgehog Neelix is the worst character in any star trek series. I have to admit though he had one good dialogue with Tuvoc in the episode with the orbital tether - calls out Tuvoc for always having to have the last word, Tuvoc disagrees, Neelix pokes his head around the corner and says, See.. Tuvoc says, No, i dont see.

i lol'd pretty hard at that one, but that character is so awful, even the episodes where it's showing his backstory and he's just an annyonance.. ffs like.. he's an admittedly terrible chef but continues to set fire to everyones food anyway, poison them at any given opportunity, interfere with their personal lives, be annoying, get's injured because he's in the way randomly, calls Tuvoc "mister vulcan" sometimes and Tuvoc other times, it's fcuking irritating to listen to his jabbering on and on and whinging about this and that, and the whole non-existent relationship with Kes and his irrational jealousy.

Bleh.. stupid hedgehog :)

Give me bad ferengi episodes anyday, unless it's fcuking neelix pretending to be one.. which HE DID! good lord..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,955 ✭✭✭Daith

IvySlayer wrote: »
    What were the DS9 writers thinking when writing the Ferengi stories? Almost as bad as making Rom Grand Nagus and his sweeping reforms

Wouldn't it have been better if the Dominon invaded Ferenginar, wiping out a lot of the male population, Ferengi women step up, prove to the males they are just as capable as earning profit/running businesses and figthing for their rights :P

I'm probably waffling here because the Ferengi episodes in DS9 were woeful.

Oh I liked the Ferengi stories of the most part. The first one when Quark becomes Nagus and the Magnificent Ferengi story when they save Quarks mom. Or the one where Nog is dealing with the loss of his leg.

Having saying that they did work better as support characters in other stories. Nog actually grew during DS9 whereas Harry Kim pretty much stayed the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭CiaranW

Ferengi episodes were brilliant.

MOOOOOOOGIE!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

CiaranW wrote: »
    Ferengi episodes were brilliant.

MOOOOOOOGIE!

Rom. You're an idiot...

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,656 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

mad muffin wrote: »
    You're and idiot...

:eek::pac::D

:eek::pac::D

Just fixed it. Thanks :eek::(:D

It's still wrong,

Should be, "Rom, you're an idiot!"

It's still wrong,

Fiiiiixed…

*slinks away*

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,172 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Everyone didn't love Grand Nagus Zek? Inconceivable!!

• Moderators Posts: 3,554 ✭✭✭Wise Old Elf

Spotted for sale in tesco this morning...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭WomanSkirtFan8

It's still wrong,

Thats "highly illogical!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,575 ✭✭✭Indricotherium

Anyone notice this episode description on Sky Atlantic??

Anyone notice this episode description on Sky Atlantic??

You're not watching it in HD? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭Jamaican Me Crazy

You're not watching it in HD? :eek:

Spare a thought for the poor plebs (like me!) stuck with UPC.

I shall, at mass say a little prayer for the unHDers... :D

that makes two of us :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,575 ✭✭✭Indricotherium

that makes two of us :(

As the kids say "hate that"

Although recording in HD takes double the percents out of your sky box

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

I shall, at mass say a little prayer for the unHDers... :D

Even at that, broadcast hd is compressed & inferior to the quality of a blu ray for example. I want to eventually pick up all the blu ray collections

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,172 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I'm just hoping they'll eventually release the hd versions on Netflix. They are on Amazon Prime, so hopefully it's not an exclusive deal and is only a matter of time. I don't really have any discs anymore, and don't fancy needing to keep a load of box sets.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Kiith wrote: »
    I'm just hoping they'll eventually release the hd versions on Netflix. They are on Amazon Prime, so hopefully it's not an exclusive deal and is only a matter of time. I don't really have any discs anymore, and don't fancy needing to keep a load of box sets.

Physical media for me is more or less dead too, but I'll still buy the things I want like all the Star Trek shows, Stargate shows etc. It's good that these are available in HD on Netflix etc, but when watching these I want to see them in the highest quality possible, & that rules out streaming, broadcasts, & ripped/pirated versions. For everything else I'm not that fusses, but these shows hold a dear place for me :o

Advertisement