Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Star Trek thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭ItHurtsWhenIP

I think a new universe would have to be set in the future to avoid the boredom of the prequel format, and it should have an entirely different set of conditions but should still stay faithful to the spirit of trek. So maybe the Federation has fallen, you could draw upon an Isaac Asimov Foundation kind of environment where there still exists an organisation trying to bring peace and civilisation to the galaxy, except the galaxy is seriously fcked up in this time period and it's a lot more dangerous. And there could be a major mystery/quest element, like our heroes need to discover/find out something that will restore the galaxy or save it from itself and it could be like Interstellar in this sense, which I thought did a really good job of establishing an atmosphere of exploring the unknown. They could be venturing into some anomaly or landing on a planet except it wouldn't be a generic anomaly of the week, it would actually matter, it would be grandiose, immense and a bit scary.

Isn't that sorta a bit kinda similar to what went on in Andromeda? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

Roddenberry wrote the scripts for Andromeda too, ye could tell - despite the cheese acting from Hercules

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,172 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Za24BIb.jpg

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,656 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Watched Ent Extinction, never seen it before, decent enough ep

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Syfy has good episodes on today

Timeless
    Year of Hell 1 and 2
    In the Pale Moonlight
    Measure of a Man
    Message in a Bottle
    Chain of Command 1 and 2

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭crazyderk

22 years ago today the first episode of deep space nine aired in the US

Holy crap I'm old!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Nearly a quarter of a century :eek:

I wonder will they do anything special for DS9 like they did for TNG?

would be great to see a 25 years later episode with all of the old cast :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭Goldstein

would be great to see a 25 years later episode with all of the old cast :D

They could call it "...Come to those who wait".

• Advertisement

Ahh, close enough. DS9's was "What you leave behind", All Good Things was TNG wasn't it?

Damnit, Jake Sisko needs closure! :mad:

Goldstein wrote: »
    They could call it "...Come to those who wait".

Where were you 2 1/2 years ago with that line?

That would of been a cracker!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭jacksie66

This post has been deleted.

jacksie66 wrote: »
    Ds9 is the best trek show as far as I'm concerned.

I'm thinking of giving DS9 a run through after my current doctor who run through.

I might wait till the summer though when there's noting on.

I'm not really to interested in watching the first couple of seasons I only really got into it when Work came on board and the dominion fight really stepped it up unless anyone would really recommend to start from the beginning?

Work?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,783 ✭✭✭knucklehead6

Work?

Worf,

I'd assume anyway, that and auto correct...

Worf,

I'd assume anyway, that and auto correct...

quvHa' auto SoH lugh

I'm rewatching it at the moment, and really enjoying it. I skipped a few episodes in the first two seasons, but season 3 is good so far. Looking forward to Worf appearing as well, as he's excellent in it.

Yes sorry I meant Worf:D:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,955 ✭✭✭Daith

jacksie66 wrote: »
    Ds9 is the best trek show as far as I'm concerned.

Agreed. I think the show took more risks than the others and while they didn't all work out I think it just made it a better show.
    crazyderk wrote: »
    I
    I'm not really to interested in watching the first couple of seasons I only really got into it when Work came on board and the dominion fight really stepped it up unless anyone would really recommend to start from the beginning?

Yeah I think you miss alot by not watching the first season. I think Season 2 is one of the best seasons in all of Trek. Plus watching characters like Kira, Bashir and Nog (Nog!) in the first season to how they appear in the last season is brilliant.

• Advertisement

Odo and Quark, Bashir and O'Brien, Sisko and Dukat, Worf and Martok, all those bromances were awesome!

Odo and Quark, Bashir and O'Brien, Sisko and Dukat, Worf and Martok, all those bromances were awesome!

Bashir and O'Brien is the best example of friendship in Trek. It's not like Kirk and Spock which still has the Captain/1st Officer dynamic.

By the end, O'Brien probably does love Bashir more than his wife.

I also loved the Sisko/Dax friendship.

Especially given how much he hated Julian at the start. It just felt like a real friendship developing.

Especially given how much he hated Julian at the start. It just felt like a real friendship developing.

The whole clip is great but from 1:40ish it's just brill

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,656 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

The defector is on sky channel 320, are prepared to die... Klingon cruisers decloak and Tomolak gets owned!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Love that episode, brilliant acting in it from the two leads (Jarok & Picard)

I know I've given out about if before, but i was reading some stuff on Memory Beta again today and holy god...it's awful. It's like some of this stuff was written by a 5 year old. The Borg come back with 7500 ships, no longer assimilating worlds but annihilating them, and changing their slogan to "Resistance is futile...but welcome" :pac:

You on about the Destiny trilogy?

You on about the Destiny trilogy?

Not sure really. Was just reading about Worf, and it talked about the Borg invasion in 2380 or something like that. It ended with the Borg merging with some other race, and turning into...and i quote "The crews of the Enterprise, Aventine, and Titan all watched in amazement as the Borg armada was transformed into a fleet of silver sea urchin-like spheres."

Yeah, silver sea urchin-like spheres :pac:

• Advertisement

That sounds like the Destiny Trilogy
    They basically realised that the Borg were destroyed by Voyager so wrote them out as a threat. turned out that the reason that the Borg had a hard on for Earth was because of a time travel cock up meaning that the first drones were human

Advertisement