Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Star Trek thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,906 ✭✭✭SarahBM

Damn Netflix - the way the next episode plays after like 10 seconds!
    Not that that's a bad thing :D

First mention of the Dominion!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

SarahBM wrote: »
    I am what one might call a binge-watcher!

i do that too, got all of BSG and breaking bad done in about 2 weeks, netflix must hate giving me free trials :D

Its way too ease to sit and watch loads of episodes in one go, especially with Sci-Fi I think. When I was running through Stargate, I just booted through it.

I still hate the episodes with the Ferangi.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭crazyderk

Its way too ease to sit and watch loads of episodes in one go, especially with Sci-Fi I think. When I was running through Stargate, I just booted through it.

I still hate the episodes with the Ferangi.

Ye they're pretty ****e alright.

There's been one or two solo Julian bashir episodes I've skipped through too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,575 ✭✭✭Indricotherium

I love the ferengi episodes of ds9.

Some of them are laugh out loud funny.

Little green men is among the best ever trek imo.

Liquidator Brunt has to be in the top 10 recurring characters.

• Advertisement

he played weyoun and a bunch of others in ds9, he was also the andarian colonel in enterprise, ...and reanimator! :D

Top 5 recurring characters :

1 the Borg queen

2 Q

3 liquidator brunt

4 Lewis Zimmerman

5 lore

Weyoun, dukatt and the rest of the dominian hierarchy are main characters imo

Top 5 recurring characters :

1 the Borg queen

2 Q

3 liquidator brunt

4 Lewis Zimmerman

5 lore

Weyoun, dukatt and the rest of the dominian hierarchy are main characters imo

Lore out gowron in.

I think Q is the best recurring character. Top of the list.
    I like Bashir, I find him funny. The episode I am on, he has beaten the Chief in a game of squash, and the way he is telling Dax about it, it's hilarious. "I thought he was going to have a heart attack!" LOL
    I know there is a lot of love out there for Garek but I don't particularly like him.
    I have to say I have a new found respect for Major Kira. I didn't like her in the past, but maybe that was because I wasn't watching it consistently. I think watching DS9 from the beginning has made me understand her a bit more.

I seems to me that the Carassians are based on a warped mish-mash of the British Empire and the Third Riech. Would I be right or am I way off the mark?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,051 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Major Kira,Jadzia,Myles O Brian and Sisko are my four favorite DS9 characters. The rest are good too do.
    @SarahBM If you are watching DS9 for your first time you are lucky the best is still to come. So many good moments in it and great well written story,s too. It is the best Star Trek series. But I love all 5 Star Trek series.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Advertisement

I've only ever seen a couple of eps of TOS, Voyager is my fav, but I really enjoyed TNG when I watched it last summer. I think I got more out of it when I watched it through from start to finish. Maybe that's why I never really took to DS9 in the first place.
    Never watched Enterprise.
    The Dominion is getting mentioned more and more :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,861 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

I've only ever seen a couple of eps of TOS, Voyager is my fav, but I really enjoyed TNG when I watched it last summer. I think I got more out of it when I watched it through from start to finish. Maybe that's why I never really took to DS9 in the first place.
    Never watched Enterprise.

I'm jealous.. I remember when I was first watching DS9 and (don't read this yet Sarah as it contains S2 spoilers)
    in the season 2 finalé, the Galaxy Class USS Odyessy gets its ass kicked by a squadron of Jem Hadar fighters.. I was like "holy shyt!!!". At the time this was the best Starfleet had to offer (no Defiant, Prometheus or Enterprise-E remember!), and they cut it to ribbons! :eek:

The best is definitely still to come! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭ItHurtsWhenIP

@SarahBM I think we should prepare you for what is to come ... This is the Dom-minion you will shortly see ...
    url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CAcQjRxqFQoTCIvxz8PskcYCFcSh2wodz98AQg&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.pinterest.com%2Fjuliep1130%2Fminion%2F&ei=29h-VcuXAcTD7gbPv4OQBA&bvm=bv.95515949,d.ZGU&psig=AFQjCNHIcxu7wLIZ1VcjUsRqEwVShYRCTw&ust=1434462640864719mopvzrejul0bnk5zl8eb.jpg

:D

MMFITWGDV wrote: »
    @SarahBM I think we should prepare you for what is to come ... This is the Dom-minion you will shortly see ...
    url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CAcQjRxqFQoTCIvxz8PskcYCFcSh2wodz98AQg&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.pinterest.com%2Fjuliep1130%2Fminion%2F&ei=29h-VcuXAcTD7gbPv4OQBA&bvm=bv.95515949,d.ZGU&psig=AFQjCNHIcxu7wLIZ1VcjUsRqEwVShYRCTw&ust=1434462640864719mopvzrejul0bnk5zl8eb.jpg

:D

oh my god that's brilliant!!! The way I am flying through DS9 I could be hitting season 3 this week. Like I said, it's way too easy to binge watch a show like this.

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    I'm jealous.. I remember when I was first watching DS9 and (don't read this yet Sarah as it contains S2 spoilers)
    in the season 2 finalé, the Galaxy Class USS Odyessy gets its ass kicked by a squadron of Jem Hadar fighters.. I was like "holy shyt!!!". At the time this was the best Starfleet had to offer (no Defiant, Prometheus or Enterprise-E remember!), and they cut it to ribbons! :eek:

The best is definitely still to come! :D

The captain was inept

The captain was inept

Ah I don't know about that..
    you presumably can't rise to captain a Galaxy Class ship without being in the top percentage. Arrogant and overconfident maybe but he/they followed standard procedure - the problem was the Jem Hadar weapons cut right through the shields and damaged one of the warp engines in the first shot. The reason the ship was eventually destroyed was because they hung in long enough for O'Brien to rescue Sisko.

(Yes I watched that episode/scene tonight :))

Watched the ep where Dax fulfils her Blood oath with the Klingons. I didn't realise she was always so involved with them.
    Next episode is Marquis part one. :D

Watched the ep where Dax fulfils her Blood oath with the Klingons. I didn't realise she was always so involved with them.
    Next episode is Marquis part one. :D

It's more that her previous host Curzon was very involved with the Empire (if I remember right he helped negotiate one of the treaties), and Jadzia maintains that connection and oath.

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    It's more that her previous host Curzon was very involved with the Empire (if I remember right he helped negotiate one of the treaties), and Jadzia maintains that connection and oath.

I had thought she only got into Klingon stuff because of worf
    Can't wait to get home and watch the next ep.

I think I have two more episodes in season 2.
    When does Worf join the crew?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

I think I have two more episodes in season 2.
    When does Worf join the crew?

At the start of Season 4. Season 3 is great, but from 4 onwards the show really begins to find its feet.

Myrddin wrote: »
    At the start of Season 4. Season 3 is great, but from 4 onwards the show really begins to find its feet.

I was just flicking through it there. There's a lot of rubbish in season 4 as well.

I was just flicking through it there. There's a lot of rubbish in season 4 as well.

I guess it comes down to personal taste, looking at the episode list there, there's not many I'd class as 'rubbish'. I won't go into detail for Sarah's sake here but at 16 of the episodes are high quality ones.

OMFG!!! The Cardassians have the Chief!!!!!

^^ oh my teeth :o

Phew! The chief is ok!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭crazyderk

Phew! The chief is ok!

Lois Griffin as Princess Leia: We're gonna get pulverized out here!
    Peter Griffin as Han Solo: Look, we got four or five of the main characters on this ship. I think we'll be fine.

Bloody Cardi's! :D

Bloody shapeshifters!

• Advertisement

I saw this and had to laugh. This is so me!

18278652834_de7b5b5e9c.jpg[/url]

season 3!!!

Advertisement