Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Star Trek thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭crazyderk

Tribbles!!!!!!!!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,406 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

It appears we will be required to ignite the midnight petroleum, sir.

Ah Data... :)

• Moderators Posts: 3,554 ✭✭✭Wise Old Elf

It appears we will be required to ignite the midnight petroleum, sir.

Ah Data... :)

Are we persuing an untamed ornitharian?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,906 ✭✭✭SarahBM

On to season 3 episode 7 "Civil Defense" - I have to say lads, ye weren't lying! I am really enjoying this.
    Biggest surprise for me is that I am starting to love the characters I didn't like before. Sisko, Kira, Odo. I still hare Quark though. little troll.
    The Chief is still my favourite though.

Just watched the episode "Fascination" where Mrs Troi comes aboard DS9 for the Gratitude Festival and everyone ends up lusting after the wrong people, Vedic Bariel goes after Dax, Dax goes after Sisko, Jake goes after Kira, Kira goes after Bashir. It is hilarious!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

SarahBM wrote: »
    On to season 3 episode 7 "Civil Defense" - I have to say lads, ye weren't lying! I am really enjoying this.
    Biggest surprise for me is that I am starting to love the characters I didn't like before. Sisko, Kira, Odo. I still hare Quark though. little troll.

I really like that episode myself. By the finale of Season 7, you'll love all the characters :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,955 ✭✭✭Daith

I love how paranoid the Cardassians are. Dukat has precautions in case the Bajorans rebel and there's precautions in case Dukat tries to abandon ship!

New Uniforms :D:D:D:D:D

Odo and Kira love each other !!!! Yay!

Nog is annoying.

Oh wait, no. It was a lie. It was the horrible changling.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,620 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

There is a Star Trek thread and I didn't know about it?
    Press follow, make it so! Engage.
    And now for a cup of tea, Earl Grey, hot.

I want to know what a racktagino (correct my spelling please) tastes like

• Registered Users Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

it's klingon coffee, so it probably has blood in it :D

What beverage would you guys order from a replicator?

Mine would be Lyons tea with a a drop of milk :D

PS the Negus is a pain in the .....

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,406 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

I've never seen DS9, thought it was on Netflix. Bah!

I used to dip in and out of it, but this is my first time watching DS9 through. Its on the US netflix

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,575 ✭✭✭Indricotherium

I used to dip in and out of it, but this is my first time watching DS9 through. Its on the US netflix

Yeah it needs to be watched as a series I think.

I think it was really ground-breaking for the time. Long arcs crossing many episodes.

If there was no ds9 I think you wouldn't have gotten the sopranos, breaking bad, game of thrones etc etc.

I've been watching the odd episode lately. It's not the same dipping in and out of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,861 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Just watched the Enterprise late season 4 2-parter "In A Mirror Darkly" .. probably the best 2 episodes of the series IMO (although I admit, I gave up watching it regularly midway through season 2) - probably because the characters are more interesting and 3-dimensional than their "normal" counterparts. The Defiant (Constitution class) looks great too.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,861 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Yeah it needs to be watched as a series I think.

I think it was really ground-breaking for the time. Long arcs crossing many episodes.

If there was no ds9 I think you wouldn't have gotten the sopranos, breaking bad, game of thrones etc etc.

I've been watching the odd episode lately. It's not the same dipping in and out of it.

Until the war starts in earnest it's not too bad, but the problem with multi-episode/season arcs is it makes repeat viewing kinda limited... you can't really just stick a random episode on on a slow Sunday afternoon for example. :(

its on the US netflix as is the TOS, TNG, Voyager, etc.

if you google usa DNS codes you'll find guides on how to sort it out

• Advertisement

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    Until the war starts in earnest it's not too bad, but the problem with multi-episode/season arcs is it makes repeat viewing kinda limited... you can't really just stick a random episode on on a slow Sunday afternoon for example. :(

I think it is what killed it ultimately. The same fate befell Stargate (any incarnation) of the later episodes, Stargate being what got me through Trek-less times.
    Have to say I loathed Voyager in the beginning, it was only after Janeway literally let her hair down that it became watchable and in the end even addictive, DS9 I never got into, I hated the fat that it was static, Star Trek is about exploring the galaxy, not to sit around in a space station.
    My poison is and always will be TNG. The later episodes just kept on getting better. Locutus of Borg anyone? Nothing sucked me in as much as TNG, Jean Luc is my captain. I do love TOS, but there isn't enough of it and it was quite limited by the technology of the time.

FYP:

I loved Voyager. I can understand what your saying about Stargate. It was and always will be my first sci fi love.
    In a way, DS9 is to TNG what Atlantis was to SG1.

I loved Voyager. I can understand what your saying about Stargate. It was and always will be my first sci fi love.
    In a way, DS9 is to TNG what Atlantis was to SG1.

Stargate was always just the substitute to me, though in hindsight, what is on telly these days that comes even close to both?

Stargate was always just the substitute to me, though in hindsight, what is on telly these days that comes even close to both?

Absolutely nothing, that's why I'm doing run throughs of Stargate and trek.
    Benjamin has got the beard!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Absolutely nothing, that's why I'm doing run throughs of Stargate and trek.
    Benjamin has got the beard!!!!

Ah now, firefly had its brief moments. ;)

Then again, BSG is so far above Trek its a space Opera.

it's a shame Enterpise got cancelled .Season 3-4 really got the series interesting.

it's a shame Enterpise got cancelled .Season 3-4 really got the series interesting.

Forgot about Battlestar, must check me this out.

I did like BSG and firefly. Never watched Enterprise, but the thing is shows are not given a chance anymore!.

I hate the Ferangi. They are despicable.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,621 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

‘Star Trek’ Fan Invited to Pitch ‘Star Trek Uncharted’ TV Series to Paramount

Paramount Pictures has made the unprecedented move to invite Star Trek fan Michael Gummelt to pitch a new TV series that could allow him to boldly go where no fan as gone before.
    “I can now officially announce that I do, indeed, have an invitation to come pitch Star Trek Uncharted at Paramount this summer! As far as I know, this is the first time a fan (not an established industry insider) has been invited to pitch a Star Trek TV series. This is, obviously, extremely exciting and I’m doing my best to get support for it from industry professionals. One of my concept cast members has read the script and expressed interest in supporting it, which is fantastic!”

http://www.slashfilm.com/star-trek-uncharted/

I did like BSG and firefly. Never watched Enterprise, but the thing is shows are not given a chance anymore!.

I hate the Ferangi. They are despicable.

I have to say that, during the most fevered heights of the Celtic Tiger, I thought there were a lot of parallels between the Ferengi and Ireland.
    The Ferengi Rules of Acquisition could be applied to most big business dealings done here between 2000 and 2008.

• Advertisement

I have to say that, during the most fevered heights of the Celtic Tiger, I thought there were a lot of parallels between the Ferenghi and Ireland.
    The Ferengi Rules of Acquisition could be applied to most big business dealings done here between 2000 and 2008.

I was making more reference to the way they treat women or should I say "females". But I agree with what your saying :-)

Advertisement