Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Star Trek thread

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,620 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

RD is back next year afaik

They should have really left it at series VIII.
    Course I miss it, but better end when the going is good, rather than endlessly dragging on with the same shtick.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,906 ✭✭✭SarahBM

I didn't watch any DS9 last night, I was watching tennis. I "played" star trek online. I hadn't played in over a year. I died about 6 times LOL I'd make a rubbish Captain.
    Working late tonight so I'll watch an ep or two when I get home.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭crazyderk

I've now finished season 6. Goodbye Jadzia :(

Season 6 ep 11. The Waltz. Dukat and Sisko trapped on a planet.
    Dukat is a wacko

SarahBM wrote: »
    Dukat is a wacko

That was the episode were I complemented Marc Alaimo on his acting with Dukats character. He portrays Dukat as such a self deluded individual so well. I thought that was an excellent episode on that performance alone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,861 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Dukat is a wacko

Like this you mean? :)

Ah Jack O'Neill.. another legend!

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    Like this you mean? :)

Ah Jack O'Neill.. another legend!

amen!!!

Far Beyond The Stars - brilliant ep.
    Jesus what a performance from Brooks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,575 ✭✭✭Indricotherium

amen!!!

Far Beyond The Stars - brilliant ep.
    Jesus what a performance from Brooks

best episode of DS9

best episode of DS9

I didnt like it to be honest. I didn't really see the point in it! :confused:

Maybe its just me?

the episode One Little Ship reminded me of a film "innerspace"
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0093260/?ref_=nm_flmg_act_66

anyone remember it?

Loved this episode. I love how Julian was to the Chief "You couldn't go outside even if you wanted to because the air molecules are 2000 times bigger than anything your haemoglobin could absorb!" - well I am paraphrasing a bit, but you get the idea!

By the way, Star Trek Renegades is premiering on 1st Aug.

• Advertisement

crazyderk wrote: »
    I didnt like it to be honest. I didn't really see the point in it! :confused:

Maybe its just me?

The point, I think, was to show Sisko's struggle with either continuing to fight for what is right against what seems like impossible odds (fereration vs dominion) and how black people struggled in a similar way back in the early 20th century. the writer Sisko was facing what seemed like an impossible feat, getting a story about a black hero published. But he persevered, and it was going to get published. but then the owner scrapped it. yet another set back. just like the destruction of the Cortez was yet another set back for the federation. But they can't just give up. they have to keep fighting, because if they don't who will. I thought it was a great, parallel, and a bit of an unexpected one for me. there are plenty of other examples in history that could have been used, but I thought this one was really good.
    Plus I loved seeing the characters as humans. Especially Odo and Worf.

Is Star Trek of Gods and Men any good?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,955 ✭✭✭Daith

The point, I think, was to show Sisko's struggle with either continuing to fight for what is right against what seems like impossible odds (fereration vs dominion) and how black people struggled in a similar way back in the early 20th century. the writer Sisko was facing what seemed like an impossible feat, getting a story about a black hero published. But he persevered, and it was going to get published. but then the owner scrapped it. yet another set back. just like the destruction of the Cortez was yet another set back for the federation. But they can't just give up. they have to keep fighting, because if they don't who will. I thought it was a great, parallel, and a bit of an unexpected one for me. there are plenty of other examples in history that could have been used, but I thought this one was really good.
    Plus I loved seeing the characters as humans. Especially Odo and Worf.

This. Also it's a nice homage to Sci-fi (and other!) writers of the past.

"You know what, Benny? I like this Major of yours. She's a tough cookie.
    Science fiction needs more strong women characters. I'm always saying that, aren't I, Jules?"

I was watching the trailer for renegades, and star trek of God's and men popped up so I watched it. It was good for a low budget film. Uhura and Chekhov were brilliant.

I think Voyager is due a run through after DS9

the Episode A Change of Heart - Worf and Dax go on a mission to pick up a Cardassian deserter, and Dax gets injured.
    I don't mind telling you all I am blubbering away here to myself. They are the best couple.
    The banter between them in the shuttle at the start of the mission is great.
    and the scene at the end, well I just balled.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

Yeah Sisko wasn't impressed at all on a professional level - though iirc he was happy that the "old man" was still around :)

Yeah Sisko wasn't impressed at all on a professional level - though iirc he was happy that the "old man" was still around :)

Forgive my ignorance, what does iirc mean?

I thought for a min Dax was dead....... I'm so not ready for that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Forgive my ignorance, what does iirc mean?

If I Remember Correctly
    I thought for a min Dax was dead....... I'm so not ready for that!

You won't be ready either, it's a "woah I was not expecting that" moment...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,955 ✭✭✭Daith

the Episode A Change of Heart - Worf and Dax go on a mission to pick up a Cardassian deserter, and Dax gets injured.
    I don't mind telling you all I am blubbering away here to myself. They are the best couple.
    The banter between them in the shuttle at the start of the mission is great.
    and the scene at the end, well I just balled.

"Worf, you're practically easygoing. What's next? A sense of humor?"
    "I have a sense of humor! On the Enterprise I was considered to be quite amusing."
    "That must have been one dull ship."
    "That is a joke. I get it... it is not funny, but I get it."

- Dax and Worf

Daith wrote: »
    "Worf, you're practically easygoing. What's next? A sense of humor?"
    "I have a sense of humor! On the Enterprise I was considered to be quite amusing."
    "That must have been one dull ship."
    "That is a joke. I get it... it is not funny, but I get it."

- Dax and Worf

Some great banter in this show. In the episode One Little Ship, Worf is supposed to be writing a poem for Dax. Sisko is like let's hear it! And then Nog interrupts, Kira is like "I think the kid just covered for him!" Ha ha and then at the end, Dax is like I want to hear my poem, Worf says
    "There once was a little ship, it went on a little trip" LOL

• Advertisement

OMFG!!! Dukat and Kira's Mam!!! Oh my god!!!
    No wonder he was so fixated on Kira!!!

Section 31!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,656 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

OMFG!!! Dukat and Kira's Mam!!! Oh my god!!!
    No wonder he was so fixated on Kira!!!

Ive watched DS9 so many times.. i';ve no idea what this is about!
    Do tell...

it's the one where Kira uses one of the Orbs to look back into her mother's past after a conversation with Gul Dukat - turns out Dukat was telling the truth when he was bragging about doing that nasty the in the pasty with her mum

It's essentially a flashback episode to Terok Nor

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,656 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

completely missed that! though i normally wasnt interested in the orb stuff

yeah me either, it's mostly just filler - but that one gives a pretty decent background into Dukat and Kira's interactions

With Dukat being as smarmy and devious as ever! Gives me the creeps! He is sooo arrogant!

The episode with Red Squad was ok. but a little thing that bugged me was that at the beginning Nog was on his way to Feranganar to deliver an important message to the Nagus. But once they were rescued by the valiant no mention was made of it again. Nobody informed Starfleet that the shuttle never made it to their destination and Nog never mentioned the fact that he had a mission of his own to complete. Neither did Jake.
    Anyway let's just call it a plot hole and move on.
    I was youtubing space battles last night and I came across Stat Trek Axanar. Looks like and indie attempt to raise money to make a new feature film. I have to say I was well impressed. About a 20 min long film, like a documentary about the 4 years war with the Klingon Empire. Some recognizable faces from trek. https://youtu.be/1W1_8IV8uhA

Quark as a woman. Disturbing.

Time's Orphan - Molly O'Brien got sucked through a portal. And the Chief said bollox!

Tears of the Prophets :-(

Did Terry Farrell leave the show or was she written out? Why did they have to kill her? Poor Worf :-(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

:( Sorry Sarah.

She refused to sign on for the final season, from what I recall.

Advertisement