Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Star Trek thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,906 ✭✭✭SarahBM

Beefy78 wrote: »
    :( Sorry Sarah.

She refused to sign on for the final season, from what I recall.

But why!!!!! :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 149 ✭✭Dogowner55

SarahBM wrote: »
    But why!!!!! :(

Ds9 had one season left, she was offered a place on Becker which had a better chance to last longer so money was better.

Dogowner55 wrote: »
    Ds9 had one season left, she was offered a place on Becker which had a better chance to last longer so money was better.

That's disappointing. Dax and Worf were great together!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭crazyderk

That's disappointing. Dax and Worf were great together!!!

I read that the schedule of DS9 was to hard for her and she wanted less hours which they refused to give her so she didnt renew her contract

crazyderk wrote: »
    I read that the schedule of DS9 was to hard for her and she wanted less hours which they refused to give her so she didnt renew her contract

Ah, ok. I'm still disappointed though.
    The episode with the baseball game was hilarious.

Weyoun 6 has defected. But I don't trust him. He is up to something.

• Advertisement

So now Dukat is the leader of a cult to the Pa Wraith. Nutcase

So now Dukat is the leader of a cult to the Pa Wraith. Nutcase

Is that the episode where he is on empok nor? If so you've cought up with me!

Is that the episode where he is on empok nor? If so you've cought up with me!

I'm procrastinating over college work, so I have probably passed you out now! :)

On the ep where Ezri goes to see her family in order to find the Chief

I'm procrastinating over college work, so I have probably passed you out now! :)

On the ep where Ezri goes to see her family in order to find the Chief

Ok you're ahead of me so! No more spoilers please

Ok you're ahead of me so! No more spoilers please

I am very sorry! I promise I will try not to give anything else away!

I want to try make the rest of the season last.

I have insurrection on while Im doing some data entry. Love this film. Geordie seeing a sunset for the first time :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,575 ✭✭✭Indricotherium

I have insurrection on while Im doing some data entry. Love this film. Geordie seeing a sunset for the first time :D

It's also quite funny I think.

I got 20 minutes into that ezri episode and turned it off it was crap. Did I miss anything important?

I got 20 minutes into that ezri episode and turned it off it was crap. Did I miss anything important?

I don't know if I need to spoiler this but I will
    Basically what happened was
    the woman the chief was looking for had a connection to the company Ezri's family own. the Chief copped very early that her older brother was involved with the Syndicate. The Younger brother was just a bit of a reckless alcoholic, but did the books for the company. Anyway, turns out that the syndicate pressured the brother to put your wan on the payroll because they wanted to compensate her for the death of her husband in service to the syndicate. But then she demanded more money. So the younger brother got mad and killed her. And it was all mammy's fault because she pressured him and constantly put him down etc blah blah blah.
    I think it's probably the worst episode for me so far besides the Ferangi ones.
    I havent watched the next one. yet.
    Will I throw on Nemesis?

Nemesis?? The film that killed Star Trek and spawned Space Voyage? No thanks.

Remens having a human leader, building a massive ship that can cloak, fire cloaked, travel faster than Enterprise E and completely out gun her; all in secret and with no ship building experience. Also having a planet destroying weapon just for the hell of it with console buttons that the Remen hands can not use.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

i liked nemesis better than insurrection :D

Nemesis?? The film that killed Star Trek and spawned Space Voyage? No thanks.

Remens having a human leader, building a massive ship that can cloak, fire cloaked, travel faster than Enterprise E and completely out gun her; all in secret and with no ship building experience. Also having a planet destroying weapon just for the hell of it with console buttons that the Remen hands can not use.

So you liked it then???:D:D:D:D

I liked the Enterprise E but Voyager still is my favourite bridge.
    I am definitely going to have to watch Voyager after this.
    Dammit I want a starship
    (And I bet I could fly it better than Troi too! She gives women pilots a bad name)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

"Deanna take the helm!"

Good god no. :P

Kirby wrote: »
    "Deanna take the helm!"

Good god no. :P

Didn't she have fierce trouble passing the exams for being a bridge officer?!?

Side bar. I hate Kira's new hair.

And alternate universe Ezri was a pathetic attempt at being a bad ass.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Didn't she have fierce trouble passing the exams for being a bridge officer?!?

I wouldn't say that, the only thing that held her back was the command decision ordering someone to their death to save the ship & crew. Once she realised it, she passed right away & took something from it too.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,174 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Which was a really stupid way of testing someone about command. I'd have absolutely no problem ordering a holographic Geordie to his death. At least if she thought it was real, it might have been effective, but i always remember thinking it was stupid.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

feck that i'd have sent in Data, you could probably get geordie to fix him after.. probably, and even if ye couldnt, ye have B4, timetravel data, and lore as backups

• Moderators Posts: 3,554 ✭✭✭Wise Old Elf

Kiith wrote: »
    Which was a really stupid way of testing someone about command. I'd have absolutely no problem ordering a holographic Geordie to his death. At least if she thought it was real, it might have been effective, but i always remember thinking it was stupid.
    feck that i'd have sent in Data, you could probably get geordie to fix him after.. probably, and even if ye couldnt, ye have B4, timetravel data, and lore as backups

Always wondered (and I haven't watched this for a while, so it may have been covered), why not just send in a disposable "red shirt", and not the Chief Engineer?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Always wondered (and I haven't watched this for a while, so it may have been covered), why not just send in a disposable "red shirt", and not the Chief Engineer?

It was just the place emphasis on the decision to send a senior crew member, & someone you know personally to their death. It's an easy call, once you know what you're being tested on ;) She tried every technical solution, without success.

I think it would be easier to send a seasoned senior officer into a perilous situation because they understand their responsibility and duty. I think it would be harder to send a young ensign or crewmembers who have their whole lives ahead of them.
    Kobiashi Maru. Just override the programme

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭paulheu

IMO Axanar is going to be an excellent fit in between Enterprise and TOS.

Prelude was fantastic and the newly released scene sets up the story nicely.. Important here is STORY .. something missing from either JJ movie

If you can, donate to the project and get this done right!
    https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/star-trek-axanar/x/4225100#/story

Prelude;

paulheu wrote: »
    IMO Axanar is going to be an excellent fit in between Enterprise and TOS.

Prelude was fantastic and the newly released scene sets up the story nicely.. Important here is STORY .. something missing from either JJ movie

If you can, donate to the project and get this done right!
    https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/star-trek-axanar/x/4225100#/story

Prelude;

I watched the prelude the other night. I thought it was excellent. And the score is epic!!!

Another Ezri episode........Terry Farrell leaving is starting to annoy me now!

Holy **** bags. I am going to take some time and actually watch that Axanar clip on a proper screen. It looks fantastic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,575 ✭✭✭Indricotherium

Kiith wrote: »

I don't know.

Sometimes a tv , film , literature , play , or even a piece of music or a computer game can stir strong emotions.

I can only imagine how a hyper real hologram simulation that can react perfectly to you and is imitating my closest friends almost perfectly would effect me.

• Advertisement

If I had a holodeck I would play Star Trek all day.
    (and maybe some Harry Potter)

Advertisement