Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Star Trek thread

Options

Comments

I don't know.

Sometimes a tv , film , literature , play , or even a piece of music or a computer game can stir strong emotions.

I can only imagine how a hyper real hologram simulation that can react perfectly to you and is imitating my closest friends almost perfectly would effect me.

I think twice before sacrificing a character in an RPG, no way in hell would that even compare (and in the RPG I have actually invested time and effort into that character)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,575 ✭✭✭Indricotherium

SarahBM wrote: »
    If I had a holodeck I would play Star Trek all day.
    (and maybe some Harry Potter)

Vulcan love slave

I think twice before sacrificing a character in an RPG, no way in hell would that even compare (and in the RPG I have actually invested time and effort into that character)

Sometimes I think twice about wrecking a car in GTA.

Sometimes I think twice about wrecking a car in GTA.

And then wreck the car and go about your daily life. Would you wreck same car IRL?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,620 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

Vulcan love slave

Bit cold. Klingon or nothing! Make sure holodeck safety is on, you will be thrown against the wall a few times.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,906 ✭✭✭SarahBM

Fair Haven. Need I say any more?!?!?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

Bit cold. Klingon or nothing! Make sure holodeck safety is on, you will be thrown against the wall a few times.

That's what happens after 7 years of abstinence

Fair Haven. Need I say any more?!?!?

Burn the holodeck?

Burn the holodeck?

I was referring to the terrible diddly eye Irish accents LOL. You would have thought they would have learned a valuable lesson from DS9.... Get a real Irish person to play an Irish person!!!

That's what happens after 7 years of abstinence

That'll be the Vulcans again with their crazy pon farr shenanigans. Klingons will throw you against the wall any day. :P:D

• Advertisement

I was referring to the terrible diddly eye Irish accents LOL. You would have thought they would have learned a valuable lesson from DS9.... Get a real Irish person to play an Irish person!!!

Hollywood will never learn. No matter how many atrocities are committed against the Irish accent (or brogue as they call it, shudder), the very next episode or movie it'll be "ah begosh and begorrah, top o' the morning to ya, fiddeldedee potatoes!".

the one where they find out the crew isnt actually Irish is hilarious and eerily accurate though :D

Right down to the Pitchforks and Torches and everything!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,861 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Dammit I want a starship
    (And I bet I could fly it better than Troi too! She gives women pilots a bad name)

Star Trek Bridge Commander on eBay

Lots of Mods available for it too and it still plays pretty well even now :)

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    Star Trek Bridge Commander on eBay

Lots of Mods available for it too and it still plays pretty well even now :)

My gripe with STO is that its all battles. I wanted my ship to be a hospital/medical vessel but all the scenarios are fighting and I'm not very good at all that so I keep getting my arse handed to me!
    Anyway.... Only 9 eps left in DS9. I don't want it to end....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Anyway.... Only 9 eps left in DS9. I don't want it to end....

You've absolutely burned through it, well done. You'll miss it when it's gone, & nothing can match the ol' first-time run through of a show :(

Myrddin wrote: »
    You've absolutely burned through it, well done. You'll miss it when it's gone, & nothing can match the ol' first-time run through of a show :(

Voyager next :-)

Voyager next :-)

At the beginning Voyager is hard going, Janeway really grates. She does get better, once she lets her hair down (literally).

At the beginning Voyager is hard going, Janeway really grates. She does get better, once she lets her hair down (literally).

I always thought it was strange that Janeway marooned her crew in the Delta Quadrant on the back of the prime directive.

It has to be non interference at its most abstract. They were pulled into the delta quadrant, by the caretaker, who was dying anyway, and then .... in order not to upset the balance of power destroyed the array???

Surely they toppled the natural development of the whole area by interfereing the the kazon naturally taking the caretaker array, and dominating the Ocompa?

I can't answer that because it's been so long since I have seen Voyager, I don't remember. All I remember is that I hate kes

Kes.....Ezri....

Why all the hate on short haired short people?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 149 ✭✭Dogowner55

Kes.....Ezri....

Why all the hate on short haired short people?

Most people like Kira at least

Dogowner55 wrote: »
    Most people like Kira at least

I liked Kira way more this time round.

I always thought it was strange that Janeway marooned her crew in the Delta Quadrant on the back of the prime directive.

It has to be non interference at its most abstract. They were pulled into the delta quadrant, by the caretaker, who was dying anyway, and then .... in order not to upset the balance of power destroyed the array???

Surely they toppled the natural development of the whole area by interfereing the the kazon naturally taking the caretaker array, and dominating the Ocompa?

Agreed on everything, but I guess that's the storyline they had and otherwise Voyager would have been rather short...:D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,174 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

The Caretaker would probably have self destructed to stop the Kazon getting the array, but was damaged during the battle with Voyager. So maybe Janeway saw that as enough interference on their part to warrant doing what she did.

I think I only have 5 eps left. :-(

Kiith wrote: »
    The Caretaker would probably have self destructed to stop the Kazon getting the array, but was damaged during the battle with Voyager. So maybe Janeway saw that as enough interference on their part to warrant doing what she did.

I must watch it again.

I can't do the spoiler thing on my phone but I don't think I am giving anything away when I say Dukat as a Bajoran is creepy as hell!!!

Also I have been thinking about Axanar and Renegades. I think Axanar looks better, the prelude was smooth and slick looking whereas I thought renegades looks more rough and ready!

*Vic Fontaine singing* And now the end is near. And I face the final curtain......

I'm near the end

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭368100

*Vic Fontaine singing* And now the end is near. And I face the final curtain......

I'm near the end

The last scene with vic is a bit of a tearjerker alright!

• Advertisement

that whole last episode choked me up
    poor jake
    :/

Advertisement