Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Star Trek thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,783 ✭✭✭knucklehead6

Yiz are all mad. There was only ever one Starfleet officer worth the uniform.

Ensign Robin Lefler. Be still my beating heart

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,620 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

SarahBM wrote: »
    There is something about the good doctor (Bashir that is) that I like. I like men with brains.....I wonder what Captain Boday looked like .......

No body likes B'Elanna Torres??

And I do like Martok! I think he is the only Klingon I do like!

Oh hell yes! I would definitely have a thing for a woman that can hurl me against the nearest bulkhead. Better be on good terms with The Doc.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Who'd win in a fight between Major Kira and Torres? Resistance fighter vs Maquis, I'd say Kira would just edge it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,906 ✭✭✭SarahBM

Am I allowed mention the new enterprise crew? Hikaru Sulu :-) aka John Cho :-)

As for a fight between Kira and Torres, I think B'Elanna's sheer aggression would win out!

Am I allowed mention the new enterprise crew? Hikaru Sulu :-) aka John Cho :-)

As for a fight between Kira and Torres, I think B'Elanna's sheer aggression would win out!

I think the last time a few cyber chairs were thrown...

As for the fight, B'Elanna any day, but as for her against Seven? All bets are off.

• Advertisement

Seska - boooooooo

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Major Kira fought and beat Klingon males. A half Klingon would be no problem.

Seven with her Borg enhanced strength is unfair.

Data vs Odo is one I would like to see. I doubt they could harm each other at all. Only advantage is Odo has to revert to his gelatinous state eventually and Data could stall him until then. Odo could turn into mist and try to get to datas off switch

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭jobbridge4life

IvySlayer wrote: »
    Who'd win in a fight between Major Kira and Torres? Resistance fighter vs Maquis, I'd say Kira would just edge it

Kira she has that righteous anger thing going on.

Seska - boooooooo

I had a crush on her too! (talk about thirsty) Thought she got a fairly lame ending for such an impressive villain. 'Oh no! A bulkhead... I am undone'.

I'd love to put the senior officers from the Enterprise, Voyager and DS9 in a room. It would be interesting to say the least.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

I'd love to put the senior officers from the Enterprise, Voyager and DS9 in a room. It would be interesting to say the least.

Johnathon Frakes was on all 3 shows....so it sort of happened. :P

Kirby wrote: »
    Johnathon Frakes was on all 3 shows....so it sort of happened. :P

Putting Data, Odo and Seven in the same room. That could be funny. Wasn't Reg Barclay in all three shows as well?
    Watched 2 eps last night that I don't think ibhad seen before. One where the vidians split Torres into her Klingon and human parts. And the second one, Neelix revealed his home had been destroyed by a weapon on mass destruction. And the person responsible was looking for their help. Fell asleep for that one though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

One where the vidians split Torres into her Klingon and human parts. And the second one, Neelix revealed his home had been destroyed by a weapon on mass destruction. And the person responsible was looking for their help. Fell asleep for that one though.

Ugh, kinda puts me off doing a Voyager run through. It was awful early on :o

Myrddin wrote: »
    Ugh, kinda puts me off doing a Voyager run through. It was awful early on :o

Neelix and Kes are head wrecking. But other than that.

Well Janeways hair is ridiculous

I remember the last time watching through it, I actually regretted starting it. It does come around though before long, & by the end, I'd really enjoyed it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,575 ✭✭✭Indricotherium

Neelix and Kes are head wrecking. But other than that.

Well Janeways hair is ridiculous

A lot of very very poor episodes in the first few seasons of Voyager.

There are some serious highlights over the course of the show though.

Any of the Braxton episdoes for one.

It is kind of nice to see the Doctor evolving from being just the EMH to a person. The more challenges he faces, the more he grows. Just like every other member of the crew.

Voyager can be a tough watch at times, not only because of its obvious growing pains, but also because it's often glaringly obvious just how 'safe' the writers played things. There were opportunities galore to do something a bit different to TOS, TNG & DS9....but it largely just followed the same old format which by then, was becoming very tired. I'm not even talking about BSG type things, but that damned reset button just ruined any chances of the show being remembered positively.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

It is kind of nice to see the Doctor evolving from being just the EMH to a person. The more challenges he faces, the more he grows. Just like every other member of the crew.

The one with his holographic family was a good one, i think that showed that he is a decent actor and probably one of the best ones in the whole show.

The one with his holographic family was a good one, i think that showed that he is a decent actor and probably one of the best ones in the whole show.

I loved him in Atlantis. Not so much at the start in SG1 though. He is a great actor

• Advertisement

Putting Data, Odo and Seven in the same room. That could be funny. Wasn't Reg Barclay in all three shows as well?
    Watched 2 eps last night that I don't think ibhad seen before. One where the vidians split Torres into her Klingon and human parts. And the second one, Neelix revealed his home had been destroyed by a weapon on mass destruction. And the person responsible was looking for their help. Fell asleep for that one though.

I remember that, I loved that episode, it really shows off the struggle she faces every day.
    I just love a kick-ass woman. If I ever meet Sigourney Weaver I will giggle like a schoolgirl.

I remember that, I loved that episode, it really shows off the struggle she faces every day.
    I just love a kick-ass woman. If I ever meet Sigourney Weaver I will giggle like a schoolgirl.

How manly of you!

How manly of you!

I just cant' help it! No woman has ever looked this good with a flamethrower taped to a machine gun/rocket launcher. Getting weak at the knees just thinking about it! :D
    She was the first real kick-ass woman in SciFi. It's just my thing, I just can't resist a heavily armed woman dripping with guns. After that it would have to be Sarah Conner in Terminator 2. I may need help...

Daniel Jackson in Stargate, my first real sci fi crush! I tend to go for the brainy nerdy types.

Probably won't get a chance to watch any over the wknd. Sigh.

I'm not able for the Voyager hate on here. How on earth were the early seasons of Voyager more naff than anything that preceded them... the vanishing characters from TOS; Troi's hilariously f'd up accent in early TNG, or Wesley's entire character, or Tasha Yar's 1980s cliche'd just say no speech; or the awfulness that was early DS9 anyone remember the killer board game?

It's the fact that we had the writing of latter DS9 and they go with happy families with a reset button

Voyager is still my fav.

I'm not able for the Voyager hate on here. How on earth were the early seasons of Voyager more naff than anything that preceded them... the vanishing characters from TOS; Troi's hilariously f'd up accent in early TNG, or Wesley's entire character, or Tasha Yar's 1980s cliche'd just say no speech; or the awfulness that was early DS9 anyone remember the killer board game?

It's because in the 20 years since those TNG episodes, the standard was still just as bad.

Myrddin wrote: »
    It's because in the 20 years since those TNG episodes, the standard was still just as bad.

I was watching an episode of Voyager (learning curve) and my dad came in and Sat down and proceeded to laugh his was through the entire episode. He said I was sad, that Voyager was so amateur and then laughed some more. Seems the be the standard response of people who don't like sci fi and have tiny imaginations.

• Advertisement

And they're the same people who say cartoons are stupid and for children. Some animation and manga in particular certainly ain't.

Advertisement