Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Star Trek thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭crazyderk

SarahBM wrote: »
    Riker!!!!

why was riker in voyager?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

crazyderk wrote: »
    why was riker in voyager?

Reasons of Q :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,906 ✭✭✭SarahBM

Q is a great character :-)
    Kes is head wrecking

Jaysus there's Kira in Ted 2

Really!??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,955 ✭✭✭Daith

She's been in Family Guy too. Seth MacFarlane loves Trek.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,620 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

Daith wrote: »
    She's been in Family Guy too. Seth MacFarlane loves Trek.

Seems to love Star Trek and Star Wars, just look at Patrick Steward in American Dad and Carrie Fisher in Family Guy. Must have been quite a coup for him to land those two.

And for Stewart being happy portraying bat**** crazy.

Voyager neutered the continuum though. I know that I rag on Voyager a lot but I did enjoy it overall. Just such obvious downfalls

• Registered Users Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

she was in BSG too, in the last season - barely recognizable at all, but it's deffo her!

she was in BSG too, in the last season - barely recognizable at all, but it's deffo her!

And in Castle as a dog whisperer mentaler.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,955 ✭✭✭Daith

Well BSG is the spiritual successor to DS9! There's a Martok valley in BSG also

• Registered Users Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

yeah, ron moore's babys :)

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭stannis

I had no idea she was in BSG, what character did she play?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,620 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

And for Stewart being happy portraying bat**** crazy.

Voyager neutered the continuum though. I know that I rag on Voyager a lot but I did enjoy it overall. Just such obvious downfalls

C'mon, you just love to hate it! :P

The Doctor's first date

Tuvix is a very interesting episode

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭jobbridge4life

Tuvix is a very interesting episode

Amazing episode. Janeway at her best and worst. One of the most uncomfortable Star Trek episodes ever because unlike most other moral conundrums there is no real 'right answer' for the Captain to choose and unlike most Star Trek captains Janeway seems to make the less 'starfleet moral' choice.

That uniform though... SWAG.

Amazing episode. Janeway at her best and worst. One of the most uncomfortable Star Trek episodes ever because unlike most other moral conundrums there is no real 'right answer' for the Captain to choose and unlike most Star Trek captains Janeway seems to make the less 'starfleet moral' choice.

That uniform though... SWAG.

I agree, it made me very uncomfortable, and I really felt sorry for kes. Janeway had to make the choice though, and I agreed with her. She couldn't sacrifice Tuvok and Neelix for a being that was the result of a transporter accident. And tuvik lived on, in Tuvok and Neelix.
    Basics. Part 1. Seska's had a baby!
    Suiter is a creepy yoke.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Mena

stannis wrote: »
    I had no idea she was in BSG, what character did she play?

She played Emily Kowalski in an episode called Faith. She shared the med bay with Roslin for a time.

I hate the Ferangi!!!
    Voyager has just found 2 on a planet, just dropped off on a planet by an unstable wormhole

• Advertisement

I hate the Ferangi!!!
    Voyager has just found 2 on a planet, just dropped off on a planet by an unstable wormhole

Those were the ferengi from TNG episode were they not?

Those were the ferengi from TNG episode were they not?

I believe so! This is a great way of procrastinating when I should be doing work :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,407 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Not listening to orchestral themes via Youtube, or anything.

Ahem.

And the year is 1996!!! Future's end part 1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,897 ✭✭✭Means Of Escape

Despite the criticism of Captain Janeway the fact that she got her crew back to Earth despite all the odds puts her above all captains in Starfleet bar none .

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭stannis

Despite the criticism of Captain Janeway the fact that she got her crew back to Earth despite all the odds puts her above all captains in Starfleet bar none .

How do you know the others wouldn't have, if in the same situation? ;)

This may sound cheesey but Janeway was one of the first strong female characters that I encountered as a teenager. A strong opinionated woman, a scientist, in command of a crew who's respect she had to earn. Of all the positive role models in Star Trek, I think she is one of the strongest. Her devotion to her crew, her family is her best feature. Well I think anyway.
    I think the other captains would have succeded but I don't know if they would have reacted to situations the same way as Janeway!

Picard certainly would have

Q is back and is trying to proposition the Captain! LOL

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,897 ✭✭✭Means Of Escape

Picard certainly would have

After murdering Chakotay

Advertisement