Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Star Trek thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,906 ✭✭✭SarahBM

After murdering Chakotay

I'm not sure. I think they would have got on.

Interesting, who would you have as your captain/first officer dream team

• Registered Users Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭crazyderk

There's a thread over on Reddit. Somebody talked about how great the episode on TNG "the inner light" is. Picards grandson and the writer of the episode turn up in the comments.

http://www.reddit.com/r/television/comments/3fehc7/star_trek_tng_episode_the_inner_light_is_one_of/

On a non trek related note. Has anyone watched sense8 on Netflix? The reason I ask is that we discussed how great DS9 was at character development and I'm finding this show great at developing its characters and their individual stories.

Poor Vorik - pon farr.

And the first sign of the Borg.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,897 ✭✭✭Means Of Escape

SarahBM wrote: »

Janeway and Riker .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,897 ✭✭✭Means Of Escape

Never understood why Paramount didn't release a final movie with all the captains and other crews excl Enterprise Archer and co to finish the whole Berman concepts with a bang .
    Anyone with an interesting "finale"?
    Characters are dispensable .

• Advertisement

Janeway and Riker .

Dream team!

I would have like to seen another movie. Sisko and Picard overcome their differences, Janeway teams up with Riker, Tom can give Deanna some piloting lessons. I'd love to see the banter between Geordie, The Chief and Torres. And to get Data, Seven and Worf in the same room, that would be a fascinating conversation!!!
    And can you imagine Doctor Bashir's excitement at meeting the Doctor??
    I would have feared what Seven would have been subjected to on her return to earth, and I dread to think what would happen if section 31 got their hands on her!
    As for a plot for a final movie? The War with the Dominion was wrapped up, as was Voyager's journey. But having said that, I would have thought the Borg Queen would want revenge and would go after Janeway.
    If the Borg did make it to the Alpha Quadrant, you could hardly wrap it up in one movie. I don't know.

Edit the episode Darkling where the Doctor goes all psycho! Brilliant!

She's gone!!!! Whoop!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,502 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

Picard and Data or Sisko and Data
    Janeway and Riker .

Janeway in the Alpha Q would be a completely different kettle of fish IMO. A med to long range science cruise captaincy with little risk / impact. Would suit her science background much more and she would have just kicked out the clock.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,620 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

Picard and Spock? I thought they worked very well together.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

I think Janeway and Riker combo would be disastrous.

Janeway relieved Chakotay (even though he was in the right) and Chakotay just took it and didn't let it affect him afterwards.

Jellico relieved Riker due to him being flat out insubordinate. Riker just didn't perform for Jellicos style of command at all, which Janeway is like.

• Advertisement

IvySlayer wrote: »
    I think Janeway and Riker combo would be disastrous.

Janeway relieved Chakotay (even though he was in the right) and Chakotay just took it and didn't let it affect him afterwards.

Jellico relieved Riker due to him being flat out insubordinate. Riker just didn't perform for Jellicos style of command at all, which Janeway is like.

Fair enough.

If they were based in the Alpha Q I think Janeway and Dax would have been good.

Picard and Tuvok? I don't think Tuvok would be captain material. He is way to ... Vulcan.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

I think Janeway would have Dax executed as she attempts to shoe horn her way into every situation with her 'hilarious' jokes and stories about her previous hosts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭jobbridge4life

IvySlayer wrote: »
    I think Janeway would have Dax executed as she attempts to shoe horn her way into every situation with her 'hilarious' jokes and stories about her previous hosts

But then Janeway would gaze again up the beautiful visage of Jadzia and forgive once more.

Year of Hell!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

You're about to overtake me in our respective Voyager runs, Sarah.

I started in 2012....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Beefy78 wrote: »
    I started in 2012....

Ah, the fabled 'real time run through' :D The finale for 2019 yeah?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,689 ✭✭✭Tombi!

I think Riker and Kira would work as captain and first officer respectively (going by the fact Riker could be promoted but chooses not to). They both seem to have the same personality at times to me.

Janeway & Data easily. Assuming Data goes full on obeying the captain's order. She'd be in heaven not having to be questioned all the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,955 ✭✭✭Daith

Tombi! wrote: »
    Janeway & Data easily. Assuming Data goes full on obeying the captain's order. She'd be in heaven not having to be questioned all the time.

There's no way Janeway is putting up with any character who she *knows* is smarter than her.

Other than an enterprise officer, who would you pick to be Picard's second in command?

Year of Hell has to be one of the best Voyager episodes ever. The sheer devastation to the ship! The effects and stunt guys must have had a ball destroying the set, while the prop masters cried in the corner! Ha ha!

I had forgotten how childlike Seven was in the early years. Neelix teaching her how to ear was like teaching a baby.

Myrddin wrote: »
    Ah, the fabled 'real time run through' :D The finale for 2019 yeah?

I hope not. I just find the whole thing a massive chore but I'm committed to getting through to the end, dammit.

I actually have found the show to be much less watch-able after it became the '7 of 9' show, which I wasn't expecting to happen.

• Advertisement

Other than an enterprise officer, who would you pick to be Picard's second in command?

Year of Hell has to be one of the best Voyager episodes ever. The sheer devastation to the ship! The effects and stunt guys must have had a ball destroying the set, while the prop masters cried in the corner! Ha ha!

I had forgotten how childlike Seven was in the early years. Neelix teaching her how to ear was like teaching a baby.

It is a brilliant, brilliant episode. Which then resets at the end, rendering the entire 45 minutes pointless.

Year of Hell should have been what Voyager was like throughout huge chunks of its run.

Daith wrote: »
    There's no way Janeway is putting up with any character who she *knows* is smarter than her.
    She put up with 7 and Tuvok
    Maybe Jadzia

Beefy78 wrote: »
    It is a brilliant, brilliant episode. Which then resets at the end, rendering the entire 45 minutes pointless.

Year of Hell should have been what Voyager was like throughout huge chunks of its run.

But you have to admit the concept was a fascinating one. I liked the ending but I wish someone could have remembered. The fact that the one variable the baddie forgot to take into account was himself when resetting the timeline. It was interesting to see how gullible Chakotay was, believing if he got the calculation right, he could bring back Voyager. I'm glad Tom kept perspective.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,656 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

I think chakotay would be a good 1st office for picard

I think chakotay would be a good 1st office for picard

I am curious why you think that. Do you not think he is too much of a push over?
    What about Kira and Janeway? I think that could be quite a team :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,656 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

i think they're moral centres are centred but with enough differences to make it work, might make for boring TV though:pac:

i think they're moral centres are centred but with enough differences to make it work, might make for boring TV though:pac:

But a fine ship no less! :D

I am taking a break from Voyager tonight. Well that's not true. I have college work to do which is just torturous. Just think about it. If I was assimilated by the Borg, then I wouldn't need a masters. :D:D:D:P:P:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Picard voiceover: we've discovered a civilization of hunter gatherers and we plan on studyi-
    Chakotay: LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY PEOPLE CAPTAIN
    Fandom: OHH FFS

• Advertisement

Tombi! wrote: »
    Picard voiceover: we've discovered a civilization of hunter gatherers and we plan on studyi-
    Chakotay: LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY PEOPLE CAPTAIN
    Fandom: OHH FFS

Achoocy moya!

He would probably insist on Capt. Picard getting a tattoo on his baldy head! LOL

Advertisement