Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Star Trek thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,575 ✭✭✭Indricotherium

Living witness is my favourite episode of voyager

• Registered Users Posts: 4,906 ✭✭✭SarahBM

Living witness is my favourite episode of voyager

It's a great episode

Up next -The Fight! Im getting ready to cringe!

The Doctor and Seven singing you are my sunshine - so cute

I've done something awful. I have skipped an episode.
    Skipped 11:59
    I have seen it loads of times.

Next episode - relatively
    Great episode. Really messes with your head

• Registered Users Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭Jamaican Me Crazy

SarahBM wrote: »
    I've done something awful. I have skipped an episode.
    Skipped 11:59
    I have seen it loads of times.

Next episode - relatively
    Great episode. Really messes with your head

I thought 11:59 was a pretty rubbish episode anyway (IMO) so I'd agree with you. Skip away.

Ditto Relativity - it's a good one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Greyjoy

Kiith wrote: »
    That really pissed me off about Voyager. 7 seasons trying to get home, and 1 brief sentence with Admiral Paris saying everything would be in their report and that's it. Total cop out.

I'm ok with their not being a full episode dedicated to them being home, but give us something.

Not only that but any 'flash forward' scenes we do see with the crew after they get back to Earth are rendered irrelevant as that timeline gets rewritten.

Greyjoy wrote: »
    Not only that but any 'flash forward' scenes we do see with the crew after they get back to Earth are rendered irrelevant as that timeline gets rewritten.

I am just wondering like, did tom and b'ellana reunite with their respective dad's and was Libby there waiting for Harry. Did Seven's aunt come to see her. Was Chakotay arrested and the other Maquis for that matter?
    Plus I'd like to have seen Naomi meet her dad. Sure he didn't even know she existed until about 3 years after they disappeared.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭jobbridge4life

I am just wondering like, did tom and b'ellana reunite with their respective dad's and was Libby there waiting for Harry. Did Seven's aunt come to see her. Was Chakotay arrested and the other Maquis for that matter?
    Plus I'd like to have seen Naomi meet her dad. Sure he didn't even know she existed until about 3 years after they disappeared.

I'd like to see her have a relationship with her mother who just vanished...

Well I had better take a break for a few days. Next episode is an annoying Harry one.
    I used to think I liked Harry, but I just find him very annoying and a bit cringe sometimes to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,955 ✭✭✭Daith

Well I had better take a break for a few days. Next episode is an annoying Harry one.
    I used to think I liked Harry, but I just find him very annoying and a bit cringe sometimes to be honest.

Harry never really grew did he? Except in Timeless which was an alt-future thing. That was a great episode.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭jobbridge4life

I liked Harry I thought he was quite a realistic character and one I identified with. That said he was a dweeb. I thought he portrayed the youthful innocence and naive sincerity that one would find in an ensign thrust into such an unusual position and given such an unusual degree of respect and responsibility due to the circumstances.

I liked Harry I thought he was quite a realistic character and one I identified with. That said he was a dweeb. I thought he portrayed the youthful innocence and naive sincerity that one would find in an ensign thrust into such an unusual position and given such an unusual degree of respect and responsibility due to the circumstances.

dweeb, I don't think I have heard that word used since Saved by the Bell! :eek:
    I get that was his character, but sometimes it was just over played a bit. Like when he was getting the night shifts on the bridge. He asks the con whats their status, and she is like "same as it was 5 minutes ago!" ha! and then when she tells him relax, he is all like "one day you'll be sitting in the big chair and you'll understand the burden of responsibility!" as if he had been doing it for years! ha ha.
    anyway, I think Equinox is after that one! great 2 parter!

http://www.royalalberthall.com/tickets/events/2015/star-trek-the-ultimate-voyage/

I just booked this! talk about an impulse buy!
    Costing a fortune but sure, I might as well!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭crazyderk

http://www.royalalberthall.com/tickets/events/2015/star-trek-the-ultimate-voyage/

I just booked this! talk about an impulse buy!
    Costing a fortune but sure, I might as well!

that looks awesome!

My next educational adventure
    https://m.facebook.com/startrekclass

Who's with me???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,575 ✭✭✭Indricotherium

My next educational adventure
    https://m.facebook.com/startrekclass

Who's with me???

Is it a critical examination of the fiction, which ibwould love?

If it's going to be some sort of science of star trek then I'm out.

Is it a critical examination of the fiction, which ibwould love?

If it's going to be some sort of science of star trek then I'm out.

"In #TrekClass, you will explore the human experience through the lens of the Final Frontier. Along the way, discover Star Trek's incredible impact on popular culture, space exploration, scientific discovery and technology innovation."

http://www.rotoloclass.com/#!trekclass/c2te

I think it sounds "fascinating!"

Fairhaven

Katie O'Clare!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Daith wrote: »
    Harry never really grew did he? Except in Timeless which was an alt-future thing. That was a great episode.

IMO that is the best episode of Voy.

syklops wrote: »
    IMO that is the best episode of Voy.

the Voyager Conspiracy is a good episode. Seven goes a bit paranoid when she assimilated too much info. Naomi Wildman appears to be an orphan. No sign of her mam anywhere LOL

The Borg children are gas.
    Spirit Folk - the diddly eye iorish accent is awful

• Advertisement

the Voyager Conspiracy is a good episode. Seven goes a bit paranoid when she assimilated too much info. Naomi Wildman appears to be an orphan. No sign of her mam anywhere LOL

The Borg children are gas.
    Spirit Folk - the diddly eye iorish accent is awful

Any episode with nauseating children is never a good episode in my experience.

I don't really mind the children, but I just think that Ensign Wildman shouldn't have dumped her daughter on other crewmen.

anyway. let the run through continue.

I just noticed in the episode where Seven's cortical node malfunctions , when the doctor performs surgery on her and Echeb, Tom hands him an implement and he is wearing a wedding ring. but him and B'Ellana haven't gotten married yet. Ha.
    Anyone ever noticed an obvious continuity errors.
    Also in another episode a while back, the doctor states "2 down 125 to go" when scanning the crew.
    Yet in the next episode Tuvok stars there are 150 crew . Crew complement constantly changes.

I just noticed in the episode where Seven's cortical node malfunctions , when the doctor performs surgery on her and Echeb, Tom hands him an implement and he is wearing a wedding ring. but him and B'Ellana haven't gotten married yet. Ha.
    Anyone ever noticed an obvious continuity errors.
    Also in another episode a while back, the doctor states "2 down 125 to go" when scanning the crew.
    Yet in the next episode Tuvok stars there are 150 crew . Crew complement constantly changes.

The only one that springs to mind is ST: First Contact when Picard is telling Lilly about the Enterprise he tells her it has 24 decks, but at another point in the movie a member of the crew(I believe Ensign Hawke) tells Picard the Borg have over runs decks 11 to 26.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,504 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

possible that certain species on the crew don't require scanning?

In ENT Hoshi has to give up her quarter for the Vulcan ambassador to somewhere yet they have a guest quarters on the bottom deck and even mention it in later episodes

(just since watching it currently)
    The only one that springs to mind is ST: First Contact when Picard is telling Lilly about the Enterprise he tells her it has 24 decks, but at another point in the movie a member of the crew(I believe Ensign Hawke) tells Picard the Borg have over runs decks 11 to 26.
    The security dude rather than Hawke IIRC, the number of decks on most of the ships change around. There's a scene in one of the films when TOS enterprise has 97 or something, when they are messing around with the anti grav boots in the turbo lift shaft.

and speaking of decks this site has a very good NX-01 layout
    http://www.cygnus-x1.net/links/lcars/enterprise-nx-01-deckplans.php
    and less good versions for many many other ships

• Registered Users Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭crazyderk

Season 1 done. The cheese has struck the gel packs!

How come theres only 16 episodes in season 1?

crazyderk wrote: »
    Season 1 done. The cheese has struck the gel packs!

How come theres only 16 episodes in season 1?

No idea. I'm on to the hirogen two parter in season seven.
    The episode Body and Soul where the Doctor is downloaded into Seven is gas!

In ENT Hoshi has to give up her quarter for the Vulcan ambassador to somewhere yet they have a guest quarters on the bottom deck and even mention it in later episodes

Im not sure if thats neccessarily a continuity error. It could easily have been a demonstration of diplomacy, for a Star Fleet officer to give up there quarters to the Vulcan ambassador. Especially since the relationship with the Vulcans was irritatingly strained in ENT.

Well with all the time jumping Voyager does, I am surprised there is any continuity at all. They did really start to over do it towards the end

And in the words of Janeway "to hell with the prime directive!"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,955 ✭✭✭Daith

Well with all the time jumping Voyager does, I am surprised there is any continuity at all. They did really start to over do it towards the end

And in the words of Janeway "to hell with the prime directive!"

In Flashback she gave out that Kirk et all played too fast and loose with the Prime Directive!

Fortunately The Sisko never seemed too pushed on the Prime Directive
    "Oh the Bajorans will never the sign the non aggression pact with the Dominion"
    "They will if the Emissary tells them to sign it"
    "Right so"

Advertisement