Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Star Trek thread

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,620 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

Plenty of Drunk People in Quarks on DS9, I think it was just romulan ale that was illegal for some reason. The Klingons loved a drink too..

That would be Bloodwine.

edit:

Neelix seems to have learnt the same song:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Good drunk scene from DS9

• Registered Users Posts: 4,906 ✭✭✭SarahBM

Just beautiful Chief, just beautiful!

I want to learn that Klingon drinking song!

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Apolloyon

I would imagine that Romulan ale was illegal for the same reason cuban cigars were illegal. For diplomatic reasons.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,620 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

Apolloyon wrote: »
    I would imagine that Romulan ale was illegal for the same reason cuban cigars were illegal. For diplomatic reasons.

And of course any self respecting diplomat in either reality would always have a supply of the good stuff... :cool:
    Otherwise, what would you be quaffing or smoking during those long, boring meetings.

• Advertisement

Well boys and girls, have reached the end. I'm watching Endgame. The series finale of Star Trek Voyager. In my opinion one of the best finales of a tv show ever. This has been some journey. Again reaffirming my love of the trek universe and reminding me of the inspiration I felt as a teenager to become a scientist. I wish I had B'Ellana's brains and Janeway's braun.

Something occurred to me this morning though. All the EMH's are men. This annoys me.

Well done, the speed of your run-throughs never ceases to amaze me :D
    SarahBM wrote: »
    Something occurred to me this morning though. All the EMH's are men. This annoys me.

Good point, though I think it sounds worse than it is - they're all templated from one individual, meaning one person can be represented by thousands of identical emh's. I don't doubt at all, that had Trek lasted on tv, we'd have seen female EMH's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Suppose the creator of the EMH is male, so it be easier for him to make a male program rather than female personality, etc.

Suppose the creator of the EMH is male, so it be easier for him to make a male program rather than female personality, etc.

In an episode of ds9 Zimmerman selects Bashir as a template. Why not Dr Crusher. She even taught at Starfleet Medical

SarahBM wrote: »
    In an episode of ds9 Zimmerman selects Bashir as a template. Why not Dr Crusher. She even taught at Starfleet Medical

Can't pick Dr. Crusher, she might pop out a holographic Measly Crusher. Too big a risk.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭crazyderk

Apolloyon wrote: »

If I recall, there was a scene in DS9 when the Romulan's joined the war and they announced Romulan ale was now legal or something!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭_Tombstone_

Is DS9 worth watching? I couldn't take to it when it first came out.

Do it, now.

As someone who was dubious about DS9, and having recently run through it, I echo the previous comment DO IT!! You must comply! Resistance is futile !

Yes, seasons 1 & 2 are 'meh' seasons 3 onwards are great!

I wonder did they bother saying good bye to Neelix when they decided to go with the Admiral's plan and go back to the Alpha Quadrant or did Seven just leave Neelix hanging in the middle of a Kadascat game?
    Is Kadascat even a real game?!?!?

Welcome back to the Alpha Quadrant

PS Deep Space 9 is on Sy-fy at 6 :D

Edit They just announce Star Trek Villians on Syfy - and it starts with Borg week on Sept 1st :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,955 ✭✭✭Daith

Yes, seasons 1 & 2 are 'meh' seasons 3 onwards are great!

I honestly think Season 2 is better than any season of the other Trek shows. Only DS9 Season 5 beats it.

It gets meh in the middle but there's so much plot and character development that are necessary to watch the other seasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Piff,

No GAA.

Proper sports only.

At least shows like trek and Stargate allowed time for character development. Shows today don't seem to really do that.

I found an episode of the weakest link on YouTube, star trek special. Levar Burton and Robert Picardo made it to the last round. And Shatner tried to kiss Ann Robinson! Hilarious!!

• Advertisement

Beefy78 wrote: »
    Proper sports only.

I'd have you airlocked for that. BSG style.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,267 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Just a heads up, the US netflix has updated TNG with the remastered HD versions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭jobbridge4life

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Just a heads up, the US netflix has updated TNG with the remastered HD versions.

All of it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭jobbridge4life

Is Enterprise worth watching? I caught the latter half of an episode last night and it wasn't too bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,862 ✭✭✭mikhail

syklops wrote: »
    The only one that springs to mind is ST: First Contact when Picard is telling Lilly about the Enterprise he tells her it has 24 decks, but at another point in the movie a member of the crew(I believe Ensign Hawke) tells Picard the Borg have over runs decks 11 to 26.
    I've stayed in Asian hotels where there's no floor 4, 13 or 14 due to various superstitions. ;)

Just watched Into Darkness there again. I love captain Pike!!!

Jam Jam wrote: »
    When does DS 9 get good ? Are earlier seasons worth watching? Early TNG weren't great.

There are some dodgy eps, but I think it's necessary for background. Especially in ds9

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭_Tombstone_

Jam Jam wrote: »
    When does DS 9 get good ? Are earlier seasons worth watching? Early TNG weren't great.

Every TNG episode is amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

a few of the early season 1 ones were a bit meh alright, i just didnt like the farpoint one at all, ye could tell it was a pilot :/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭stannis

Advertisement