Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2001 ford focus wont start

Options
  • 10-12-2011 1:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

i have a 2001 1.6 ford focus petrol it was smokey so we bought a second hand engine out of a 2004 1.6 auto focus put the engine in wouldnt start was only getting spark every five seconds found that the crank shaft pos sensor holder was different so took gearbox back out changed the ckp sensor holder and put box back in and then i had good strong spark still wouldnt start so i ckecked fuel loads of fuel then i put original manifold on original injectors , camshaft sensor ckp sensor , trottle body , coil pack, temp sensor, the only 2 things i havent changed is the fuel pump and engine now i have found that if i put the red and white fuel pipes on the wrong way the car will start for 5 or 6 seconds then run out of fuel and conk out put the fuel pipes back on the right way and it starts for another 5 or 6 seconds or if you tow it it will start but you have to keep you boot to the floor or it cuts out and may not start again but if you keep up the revs and take it down to motorway it will do 20 miles no prob its fooked up ????????????????

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,304 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

N&F is not your dumping ground. For the third time, use the proper motors forum, or you'll be stopped from repeatedly starting off-topic threads.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement