Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tablet PC

• 10-12-2011 2:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭

I am looking for a tablet pc for a 10 year old. Tablets are one thing I know very little about, basically I need something that can google, watch youtube videos and play some games on or have some built in games, also would be able to skype. IPad 2 etc are out of the question as they are way out of budget, would it be possible to get something decent or half decent for 250-300 euro? basically the kid likes the look of the tablet and when he gets to 13-14 he can move onto a laptop for school if needed.

thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

you can find tablets as cheap as €100 which can surf the internet, watch youtube and play some games available for it. they run android.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,085 ✭✭✭Firblog

Got a play on one of these yesterday, really really good, had a 16 year old have a play too and even he was impressed! Really good, fast on, hdmi out, can connect 3g dongle and USB memory sticks.

Beats the socks off iPad in my opinion, and really gives iPad2 a run for its money... oh that's right, iPad 2 is twice the price!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭jem

anyone know anything about the prestigo tablet pmp3384b?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,182 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

you can find tablets as cheap as €100 which can surf the internet, watch youtube and play some games available for it. they run android.
    a hundred euros barely pays for the casing, the screen and the battery. Theres really not much of anything underneath the hood of a bottom-end tablet. I've seen some customers bring in from the pawn shop with technical issues, it's cringeworthy.

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭lamai

Overheal wrote: »
    a hundred euros barely pays for the casing, the screen and the battery. Theres really not much of anything underneath the hood of a bottom-end tablet. I've seen some customers bring in from the pawn shop with technical issues, it's cringeworthy.

any advice for what to get for a 10 year old? minimum spend etc?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 197 ✭✭softdancomputer

Got this Acer Iconia A500 for my 9 years daughter, pretty impressive and ICS coming to it as well.

Advertisement