Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tralee to Fenit Greenway

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭RiderOnTheStorm

That's brilliant news....

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭amadain

• Registered Users Posts: 4,687 ✭✭✭serfboard

amadain wrote: »
    Cllr Jim Finucane praised landowner Brian Walsh, whose generosity in donating land for the project played a significant role in allowing it to proceed.
    Jaysus, I hope the IFA don't get wind of this!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,146 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

serfboard wrote: »
    Jaysus, I hope the IFA don't get wind of this!

The land where the track is was CIE land, how can he 'donate' land that wasn't his?

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭Kerry Gooner

The land where the track is was CIE land, how can he 'donate' land that wasn't his?
    The land that was donated was for the footpath out by Cockleshell, nothing to do with the proposed greenway to Fenit.

• Advertisement

Can't wait for the "autumn" Jim ! (as he walks past me, head down and stares into the ground).

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭thekerrycyclist

No sign of activity yet unfortunately... I asked about a start date recently and I was told November...

Can't wait for the "autumn" Jim ! (as he walks past me, head down and stares into the ground).
    No sign of activity yet unfortunately... I asked about a start date recently and I was told November...
    Wikipedia wrote:
    In Ireland, the autumn months according to the national meteorological service, Met Éireann, are September, October and November
    Jim still has a month yet!

These things can go two ways - one is that they kick it out til the new year so that it comes from next year's budget, the other is that it starts before year end to use up any residual funds.

http://traleetoday.ie/construction-work-on-tralee-fenit-greenway-to-start-in-early-2020/

Looks like an open date of Summer 2021 if i'm reading the above correctly.

ANY Politician claiming responsibility ?

• Advertisement

It has started in the Spa area I believe.....ANY PHOTO's please ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭xxyyzz

As you enter the 50km zone when you go into Fenit village you can see they have started construction on the right.

Some pics attached.

Most of the work so far seems to be clearing works and nice to see things taking shape.

First two pics are looking south and north from the bridge on the Fenit Beach Road.

The second two are looking east and west from the bridge near the Spa heading towards Scrahan cross.

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭mitchelsontour

Some pics attached.

Most of the work so far seems to be clearing works and nice to see things taking shape.

First two pics are looking south and north from the bridge on the Fenit Beach Road.

The second two are looking east and west from the bridge near the Spa heading towards Scrahan cross.

Thanks for the pictures it is great to see progress being made. Just looking a google earth and the eventual potential to connect on to Listowel and the Great Southern Greenway will make it a fantastic amenity.

Some pics attached.

...from the bridge on the Fenit to Barrow Road.

Nope.. none of those pictures are from the Fenit to Barrow road even if you put it in bold. :)

Bridge opposite West End ?

The bridge on the road to fenit beach

Gardens extended and sheds on the trackbed outside Fenit.

We can do a before and after now. Before (Google Street View):

503679.png

After (thekerrycyclist):

502401.JPG

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

About how wide is that?

I think the plan is for the greenway to be 3 meters wide

Gardens extended and sheds on the trackbed outside Fenit.
    Bing Maps gives a clearer view of it:

503680.png

The worst offender seems to be our patriot friend here.

My question is, what is going to be done about this, presumably illegal, encroachment?

If he's there a long time (12 years?) he can claim adverse possession. So other than throwing a shed load of money at him to change his mind I don't think there's much you can do.

A farmer or farmers at the Tralee end are quite happily driving tractors and drawing bales along the trackbed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭CrabRevolution

If he's there a long time (12 years?) he can claim adverse possession. So other than throwing a shed load of money at him to change his mind I don't think there's much you can do.

A farmer or farmers at the Tralee end are quite happily driving tractors and drawing bales along the trackbed.

Is the land still owned by CIE/the state? If so it's 30 years for adverse possession.

Is the land still owned by CIE/the state? If so it's 30 years for adverse possession.

30 years ago the line was derelict. I doubt any of these people are in a hurry to move.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭CrabRevolution

30 years ago the line was derelict. I doubt any of these people are in a hurry to move.

Just because it was derelict doesn't mean they can backdate any claims to the land. The houses and gardens weren't even built 30 years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭mitchelsontour

From Traleetoday.ie
    traleetoday.ie/council-says-tralee-fenit-greenway-project-is-on-schedule/?fbclid=IwAR0H2G-qzb1jXWx9R69dwQWQHLsT4j6vqiLIOASiy8kbNA_Ek5ldDcNl3P

THE Tralee-Fenit Greenway project is on schedule and is due to be completed by the middle of 2021.

Fianna Fáil Cllr Mikey Sheehy requested an update on the project at Monday’s meeting of Tralee Municipal District councillors.

By February 26, almost 25% (2,590m) of the tracks have been removed with 30% (3,190m) of the vegetation taken away.

The Council said the project is proceeding according to the initial programme. Management also said consultations with landowners are continuing as the project progresses.

#Tralee-Fenit Greenway

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭theaceofspies

Good progress being made from the Fenit side today.

• Advertisement

http://traleetoday.ie/short-film-to-show-progress-of-tralee-fenit-greenway/

MOUNTAIN Biking Kerry (MTBKY) have commissioned a short film of the Tralee to Fenit Greenway to showcase construction progress of the amenity. A trailer for the short film is now live on social media.

Advertisement