Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dunmore East Ice Plant

Options
  • 10-12-2011 3:48pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 14

I was reading somewhere that the ice plants belonging to BIM were going to be shut down. The plants in dingle and castletwonbere have been closed and I saw that dunmore east plant was due to close too but I notice it was still in use there last week. Does anyone know anything about this.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭Tim the Enchanter

As far as i know the man that runs the plant is due to retire at some stage next year and he will not be replaced. I think there is some EU law now that all boats must have ice making equipment onboard so the ice plants will become obsolete. I don't see how the smaller boats would have this equipment though.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 14 TheOldSeaDog

Is that the case? I heard lately that the one in Dingle has been bought out and a few lads are going to keep it going themselves as a private gig. fair play ot them. I wonder could something like this take of in Dunmore.Twud be great since, as you say, the small boats haven't a chance without it.

Advertisement