Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jerusalem Artichoke recipes ?

Options
  • 10-12-2011 4:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭

Hiya, just dug up my crop of Jerusalem Artichokes and it was a bumper crop this year,

So does anyone have any tried and tested recipes for me to experiment with ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,045 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

This year for the first time, I've started eating them raw (just picked some a few minutes ago).
    I grate them to make 'slaw'.
    Grated artichoke with lemon juice, olive oil and mustard is great with steak.
    Grated carrots compliment them nicely as does apple.

Other than that, it's the usual soup and roasted (but hard to get crisp without going to mush - but still tasty).
    I'm open to new ideas for them too.

Bring on the farts:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Cardinal Richelieu

I lightly boiled and sauted some last month, not overly impressed with the results and the wind. They are said to be one of the best veg for soup, has anyone got a good soup recipe to recommend? I seen a recipe recently that called for you
    • To use as fresh artichokes as possible
    • Boil in bicarbonate soda
    • And cook with a potato
    As methods to counter balance the enzyme in the chokes that cause wind.

On the same page someone who had tried a previous recipe had commented the wind was so bad they had to be hospitalised.:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,454 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

They make perfect crisps and match really really well with pheasant

• Registered Users Posts: 17,045 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Last night's one was artichoke grated and tossed with lemon juice (It'll go brown if you don't do this) with roasted red pepper, chopped green olives, olive oil, flat leaf parsley and just a little mint.
    Very tasty!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭foodaholic

So last night for me I par boiled them and roasted them with potatoes.
    So far havent had any side effects :p

might try the slaw tonight

• Advertisement
Advertisement