Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Livery near maynooth

Options
  • 10-12-2011 5:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭

So I found out that my current yard is closing down, so I now have to find livery for my girl!

So could anyone point me in the right direction to any nice yards near maynooth? preferably cycling distance haha

I know of MEC and Clonfert as well as Blackberry, just wondering if there are any others?

Any help is welcome, yard is closing very soon so I need to make arrangements!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭doctor evil

Hard luck xjx, did they spring it on you or were you given good notice.

I don't know Maynooth at all unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭Jen Pigs Fly

Hard luck xjx, did they spring it on you or were you given good notice.

I don't know Maynooth at all unfortunately.

It was kinda sprung on me, although they didn't expect it either to be honest, the yard is being taken over by an external person (the origional owners will still be on site - but will have no say in the yard) and the main worry I have is him charging me a lot or not wanting me there as he's renting it for the private use of his daughter, so I've made the decision to move my mare somewhere closer to me so I can cycle down to her.

We've been at this yard 3 years, it's heartbreaking to have to leave, but everything happens for a reason. Clonfert sound like lovely people so I'm heading up there tomorrow for a look around, I've explained the sitation to them and they said they would certainly take her in by the end of the month, I'm so relieved.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Clonfert are lovely. Haven't been over in ages but they are decent people and very fair.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭convert

Clonfert sound like lovely people so I'm heading up there tomorrow for a look around, I've explained the sitation to them and they said they would certainly take her in by the end of the month, I'm so relieved.

Afraid I don't know anywhere around Maynooth, but the fact that Clonfert are willing to take her at short notice is great - at least you know she won't be on the side of the road, literally! Best of luck in your search!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭Jen Pigs Fly

convert wrote: »
    Afraid I don't know anywhere around Maynooth, but the fact that Clonfert are willing to take her at short notice is great - at least you know she won't be on the side of the road, literally! Best of luck in your search!

Went up to them today, got a great deal on DIY - they will feed her for me, put her on the walker, everything all I need to do is muck out every day and ride, need to buy my own feed and shavings which I more than understand, I would've done it anyway as she gets a specific measurement of feed to keep her sane and quiet:D

So far I'm happy, it's a 20min cycle from me, 5 min drive, DIY is possible. Talked to the main guy, John, he said if we want to move her, he can take her in whenever, which is great, we want to move her sooner rather than later so we don't get caught with unwanted livery fees. My parents are heading up during the week to have a proper look around and see about discounts regarding me helping out in morning, lessons, etc.

• Advertisement
Advertisement