Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lost Student Card at RDS Shane Engineering

Options
  • 10-12-2011 5:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭

I handed a student card to the exam attendants at the RDS that belonged to a guy called Shane and I think he was in Engineering. It was left on the tables at the place to leave bags this afternoon.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

Facebook the name, I've done it once or twice.

If that doesn't work, PM me the name. I'm in Engineering so I might know who it is.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

You can also email people by sending an email to <student number>@ucdconnect.ie. I returned a usb key to somebody like that before!

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭Victoria.

Thanks yeah I found glasses in the library before and told the person through their UCD connect email.

With this card I found it when I was rushing to get to an exam so I just shouted Shane at the bag drop a few times and when there was no response I gave it to the exam helpers at the Main Hall. I don't remember his surname unfortunately just Shane in engineering. I hope he found it but I'd say when he invigilators came around to check the cards and he realised his was gone and said he lost it at the RDS they gave it back to him : )

• Registered Users Posts: 13,011 ✭✭✭✭bnt

I forgot my card on the desk one time - but it was handed in and held at the exam office, which was then at the far end of Industries Hall. I'd carried my passport just in case.

Death has this much to be said for it:
    You don’t have to get out of bed for it.
    Wherever you happen to be
    They bring it to you—free.

— Kingsley Amis

• Registered Users Posts: 9 fuuuuu

Reading this triggered the sudden realization I left my student card on my desk today, the moment playing out again in slo-mo. I had that feeling I'd forgotten something as soon as I walked out but I told myself I was being paranoid. NO.

I'm pretty sure I remember my desk being bare apart from those adhesive things at the end though so I think might have been knocked to the ground when the supervisor came around with that sheet you sign when it's over.

So do I definitely go straight to the exam office in industries hall tomorrow to check for it? I'm slightly freaking out here being a 1st year and today my first exam. I can't deal with the €50 :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭WeeBushy

fuuuuu wrote: »
    Reading this triggered the sudden realization I left my student card on my desk today, the moment playing out again in slo-mo. I had that feeling I'd forgotten something as soon as I walked out but I told myself I was being paranoid. NO.

I'm pretty sure I remember my desk being bare apart from those adhesive things at the end though so I think might have been knocked to the ground when the supervisor came around with that sheet you sign when it's over.

So do I definitely go straight to the exam office in industries hall tomorrow to check for it? I'm slightly freaking out here being a 1st year and today my first exam. I can't deal with the €50 :(

I would go and check tomorrow. The desks are checked after every exam so if you left it behind it would be handed in.

Advertisement