Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

wasn't hugely impressed with this dealz place......thoughts?

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭skyguy19

constantg wrote: »
    i did buy a pepper grinder and a can of cherry cola (bloody sweet, how can people drink so much of it???) and the guy at the till charged me €2.98. he did at the time tell me that i could have 4 (or maybe 5?) cans for €1.49....but i assumed (i know, shouldn't have assumed) that it would be like other discount stores and i would pay a little more than 1/4 of the price, i.e. €1.49/4 = 37c. Not so; i was charged the full €1.49, which i think is a bit sh1t.

no idea what you mean here

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭constantg

skyguy19 wrote: »
    no idea what you mean here

which bit dude?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭skyguy19

the bit about the 37c instead of the ful price.

skyguy19 wrote: »
    the bit about the 37c instead of the ful price.

Well i only bought 1 can. There were 4 cans for €1.49; i just wanted to try it and wasn't keen on the idea of 3 more cans if i didn't like the stuff.

4 cans = full price (€1.49). €1.49 divided by the 4 cans = the price for 1 can.

1 can = 37c.

Follow?

The price i was charged was for the full 4 cans instead of a fraction of the price seeing as i only wanted the 1 can....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 667 ✭✭✭Cherrycoke

Well i only bought 1 can. There were 4 cans for €1.49; i just wanted to try it and wasn't keen on the idea of 3 more cans if i didn't like the stuff.

You can mix & match with other cans/crisps/chocolate bars to make up the four items

If you were told that one would cost the same as four, and you didn't think it was good value, then why continue with the purchase? :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Cherrycoke wrote: »
    You can mix & match with other cans/crisps/chocolate bars to make up the four items

If you were told that one would cost the same as four, and you didn't think it was good value, then why continue with the purchase? :rolleyes:

Ah but i wasn't told it would cost the same, just that i could get 4 for €1.49.....ie there was no mention that 1 would still cost €1.49....Look I'm not saying its a bad deal for people just that i would be more aware of the fact the next time i buy there...

On the cherry coke thing, i'm guessing you don't find it too sweet??

On the cherry coke thing, i'm guessing you don't find it too sweet??

Nope :D I've been a die hard fan for years!!

Cherrycoke wrote: »
    Nope :D I've been a die hard fan for years!!

You must be mcloving this influx then :p

You must be mcloving this influx then :p

Absolutely mcloving it! I'm sure my dentist will be too though :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭CiaranMT

Was in there today while Christmas shopping, picked up some cycling accessories for myself. Rear light, inner tube, gloves, Allen keys and batteries, all 1.49 each. Now I'm sure they aren't of the highest quality but they'll do the job. They had a sizeable tyre lever too.

Some good deals on food, 1.50 for two large tins of Princes tuna, the milk as has been mentioned of course. Milk label says Bangor on it so that's coming from the North, similar to some (all?) the Strathroy milk that you see in smaller shops.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,857 ✭✭✭langdang

Tube for 1.49 is good! They are a rip off at full price. 700c or 26inch? Or are both available?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭CiaranMT

Dunno what 700cc means in cycling parlance :o

26', there's 24' too iirc.

langdang wrote: »
    Tube for 1.49 is good! They are a rip off at full price. 700c or 26inch? Or are both available?

I should really check my own bike actually.....

I'll be in town today and give another stroll in i suppose....very small hardware section....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,857 ✭✭✭langdang

CiaranMT wrote: »
    Dunno what 700cc means in cycling parlance :o

26', there's 24' too iirc.
    700c for road bikes aka racers, or hybrid type bikes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

i went to blanchardstown, it is huge, spent about an hour in there, came home with all the choccies, buscuits, and much more to carry me through christmas also toiloteries all for about fifty euro, could hardly carry the two huge bags from the shop,
    happy shopper, delighted to have saved a fair few euro

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Cherry coke and white chocolate toblerone=greatest shop ever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭IHeartChemistry

I was in last week, got me 3 packets of make up wipes for only 99 cent. These are good quality ones as well! Very impressed. Must stock up in there before I head back to college on Monday! Only wish Cork would invest in one now :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

i hope to go back there again in the next few days, stock up on toothpaste, washing up liquid, biscuits, chocolate, bin bags, bread, and so much more,
    am delighted with my shopping sprees there and hope to be back shortly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭ZombieBride

Quite surprisingly impressed with the branded products on display. Though it's like everywhere some things are better value than others, there were shampoos there for €1.49 that I know you can get 3 for €3 in Dunnes, same with hand washes. But in general, a lot cheaper for known toiletries. It is defiantly going to dent the €2 store next door as they have nicer looking birthday cards for a lot less (that is the sole reason I use €2 shops).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 466 ✭✭SupraSonic_26

i live around the corner from it must say its brillant bought loads of items for bathroom and kitchen compared to tescos im saving alot i think, i havent been in the euro saver shops yet but will have a look.

oh ya and 4 cans cherry cola i bouht 8 cans of the stuff ad it n america last year couldnt beleive my eyes when i saw it win win i say.

• Advertisement
Advertisement