Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sick after market beer?

Options
  • 10-12-2011 6:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

Just wondering if im the only one who has been violently sick after drinking beer in the Eyre Square beer tent. I was there last night, had one 0.5 litre beer and ended up going home about an hour later due to feeling REALLY sick. Before that, I had only had 1 other drink before that so I know it wasnt due to drinking too much!!! I was up all night long getting sick...literally, all night:eek: I still feel sick almost 24 hours later although im able to hold down water now:D
    I was there a week ago and experienced one of the worst hangovers of my life the next day. I had drank a lot after the beer so I attributed it to the amount I drank but looking back now, its the same feeling as last night and I never get sick after drinking my usual drinks!!

So...has anyone else experienced this?:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭craggles

Lightweight!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,161 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

sunshine22 wrote: »
    Just wondering if im the only one who has been violently sick after drinking beer in the Eyre Square beer tent. I was there last night, had one 0.5 litre beer and ended up going home about an hour later due to feeling REALLY sick. Before that, I had only had 1 other drink before that so I know it wasnt due to drinking too much!!! I was up all night long getting sick...literally, all night:eek: I still feel sick almost 24 hours later although im able to hold down water now:D
    I was there a week ago and experienced one of the worst hangovers of my life the next day. I had drank a lot after the beer so I attributed it to the amount I drank but looking back now, its the same feeling as last night and I never get sick after drinking my usual drinks!!

So...has anyone else experienced this?:confused:
    Sounds more like food poisoning to me?? You had a hangover last week so i wouldnt be putting them in the same category. And no i wasn't ill after drinking in there, just badly hungover too.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Had beer there no problems. Sounds more like some dodgy food or winter vomiting bug*?

*I'm not a doctor but I'll take a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭GalwayGaillimh

Sampled a few there last xmas was pretty good beer looking forward to a few more down there this xmas. Are they still charging a fiver deposit on the glass?

Si Deus Nobiscum Qui Contra Nos

• Registered Users Posts: 14,805 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

I'd a litre in there last night and it did me no harm.
    Now the scatter a pints and the hot whiskey, they are a different story altogether.
    I had to beat them to death with their own shoes..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭cooperguy

Had a litre or 2 on Thursday and was fine

• Registered Users Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

What time does they tent stay open until?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,805 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

they stop serving at 10pm, couldn't tell you what time the actual tent closes its doors though.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 sunshine22

Ya maybe it was food poisoning!!! Im still sick...poor me:(

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭kinetic

Maybe it was the price of the beer?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

kinetic wrote: »
    Maybe it was the price of the beer?
    Which is how much? I'm heading up next thursday

• Registered Users Posts: 7,953 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

You might want to change the name of this thread OP, or at least add a question mark. A thread title like that would put people off going there for no good reason if they don't read the thread. It would be a pity for the retailer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭patwicklow

I know the other Galway Tent that made me sick to the core, it catered for all the corrupt free loaders and bankers with a W...

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭aw

You might want to change the name of this thread OP, or at least add a question mark. A thread title like that would put people off going there for no good reason if they don't read the thread. It would be a pity for the retailer.

Agreed.

Could have been any number of things. Could be ruining a reputation for no reason.

Title change, not sure if it's for the better. Whaddaya think OP? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 902 ✭✭✭scholar007

Well thats what you get for bringing your tent and beer up to Eyre square......... :D - I thought there was a sign outside tent city saying no alcohol allowed.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 sunshine22

biko wrote: »
    Title change, not sure if it's for the better. Whaddaya think OP? :D

No, I want it changed back!!! Maybe worded differently with a question mark.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

2 of my friends have the vomiting bug in Galway yesterday and today and they were never near the tent or drinking at all. There is definitely a bug doing the rounds at the moment.

Hope you feelin' better OP:)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

The tent does not have any process different from any bar in town in the way the beer is served. Keg - Gas - Tap - Glass - Mouth

Glasses are washed in standard pub dishwashers and the lines are cleaned by the same professionals who would clean a pub line.

Maybe the wheat beer just doesn't agree with your body.

How about this link to cheer you up. 16 seconds in it begins.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,144 ✭✭✭✭Cicero

1huge1 wrote: »
    Which is how much? I'm heading up next thursday

9 euro for a 1 litre stein.....4 euro deposit for the glass...refundable....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Cicero wrote: »
    9 euro for a 1 litre stein.....4 euro deposit for the glass...refundable....

Or keep the glass. €4 for the glass is worth it though. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭cuculainn

I was in the tent on Sat night........had one big stein and then a half one....over a couple of hours, also had the ribs and sauteed potatoes......was awake half the night sick........tummy is still not right today....not saying it had anything to do with the tent food/beer....but............................

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

What about the other 10 pints you chased that lot down with ???? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭Kazooie

Was there Fri and Sat nights. Had 2 litres each night. Me no sickie. Did you eat anything dodgy from the food stalls maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭cuculainn

Sponge Bob wrote: »
    What about the other 10 pints you chased that lot down with ???? :D

They were ten pints of Guinness from O'Connells tho, so I know they weren't the cause.......

• Registered Users Posts: 9,247 ✭✭✭squonk

Was in for a 1L Stein 2 weeks ago and for a 0.5L glass on Saturday and no problems at all. Regarding hangovers, I do remember reading a review of Paulaner v. Erdinger and the basic gist was that Paulaner is Heineken's answer to Erdinger and isn't all that good and results in a roaring hangover/headache moreso than Erdinger. I would actually prefer if they were serving pints of Erdinger. Having said that, I greatly enjoyed my pint there on Saturday.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

cuculainn wrote: »
    They were ten pints of Guinness from O'Connells tho, so I know they weren't the cause.......
    Absolutely, it musta been the other lot. :D

Paulaner make a very good Lager and Erdinger make a very good Weissbier but I would never drink a Paulaner Weiss or an Erdinger Helles ( Lager) :D

The only company whose entire range of beers is scumptious is Weihenstephan . Schneider is the only imported beer they drink in Munich and they only make Weiss....it comes from out near Ingolstadt I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

Sponge Bob wrote: »
    The only company whose entire range of beers is scumptious is Weihenstephan . Schneider is the only imported beer they drink in Munich and they only make Weiss....it comes from out near Ingolstadt I think.

Good man! Glad somebody knows their beers :D Weihenstephan rocks!

Schneider Weisse is brewed in Kehlheim close to Regensburg and also close to Kloster Weltenburg (a monastery) where they also brew some awesome beer...

(having a minor attack of homesickness right now)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,533 ✭✭✭the keen edge

Yeah Weihenstephan has no rivals, five for a tenner in the spar across from the dew drop!.

• Advertisement

I'd be much more inclined to think it was the food than the beer.

I will go down Friday without eating anything all day.
    Then have 2-3 or more pints of each brand.
    If I feel sick the next day we know it's the beer...

Advertisement