Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sick after market beer?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

biko wrote: »
    I will go down Friday without eating anything all day.
    Then have 2-3 or more pints of each brand.
    If I feel sick the next day we know it's the beer...

Always going above and beyond for other people. You're quite the hero! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3 ellsbell

Friend of mine was down there last nite and she was violently sick the rest of the night. She had to get a doc out as she was so ill and couldnt stop puking. it could well be a coincidence as there is that winter vomiting bug around but i saw her yesterday and am not sick...yet!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Beer doesn't do that, not even crap beer.

Lets just wait for Biko to report shall we???

Sponge Bob ain't heading down there to scoff second rate beers and dodge the womiting wirus ( as they say in Carraroe) when he can always get some primo tack in the warmth of the Bierhaus and the Oz when the moods strikes.....OH!!! .......and then drive home afterwards coz the lads in the Liosbaun have no overtime budget this christmas :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭galwaycyclist

Sponge Bob wrote: »
    Absolutely, it musta been the other lot. :D

Paulaner make a very good Lager and Erdinger make a very good Weissbier but I would never drink a Paulaner Weiss or an Erdinger Helles ( Lager) :D

The only company whose entire range of beers is scumptious is Weihenstephan . Schneider is the only imported beer they drink in Munich and they only make Weiss....it comes from out near Ingolstadt I think.

Hee hee I was in Munich the day Germany beat Costa Rica in the opening match of World Cup 2006. Next morning I was in a supermarket and there was a very funny scene with a couple of distraught natives staring in disbelief at at a beer shelf where all that was left was a few bottles of Erdinger. The horror of the situation (drinking erdinger) was etched into their facial expressions. They werent tearing their hair out but you knew they wanted to. ;)

I used to be partial to Alpirsbacher kristall meself but you have to go further west to the dark forests to find that

Kristall is a bit wussy, nothing like a nice cloud of yeast suffusing me Weiss but the trick is NOT to put ALL the yeast in in one go. :D

Once you go outside Bavaria the beer is generally called Weizen(=Wheat) not Weiss(= White) and there are some really nice Weizens and Dunkel Weizens in Hesse as well, particularly in the Untermain region where Hesse/Bavaria/Baden Wurtemburg meet in south central Germany.

Couple of tasty Belgian wheat beers too I must add. Other than Southern Germany and Belgium nobody else makes Weiss/Weiz.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭topcat77

I know about a number of people (me included) that became sick after the hog roast! Only found out about it when i mentioned sickness to others.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭galwaycyclist

Sponge Bob wrote: »
    Kristall is a bit wussy, nothing like a nice cloud of yeast suffusing me Weiss but the trick is NOT to put ALL the yeast in in one go. :D

Once you go outside Bavaria the beer is generally called Weizen(=Wheat) not Weiss(= White) and there are some really nice Weizens and Dunkel Weizens in Hesse as well, particularly in the Untermain region where Hesse/Bavaria/Baden Wurtemburg meet in south central Germany.

Couple of tasty Belgian wheat beers too I must add. Other than Southern Germany and Belgium nobody else makes Weiss/Weiz.

Hefe Weiz has the same effect on me as Guinness. I like Guinness but if I drink it nobody wants to work with me the next day for some reason.

Halt es maul und sauf!

Hefe Weiz has the same effect on me as Guinness.

Halt es maul und sauf!
    Host tass net schon g'sauft oder?

Don't put all the yeast in....like I said! And read the echte wiki!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

What you folks need is a bottle of Erdinger Pikantus. Unfortunately it is no longer imported in Ireland.(Maybe a pallet in 2012 for the whole country). The duty on it is massive because it is 6.8% ABV so trying to sell it would be hard on the shelf with others already at 5 for €10.

I had 2 litres of it in Munich during the year. Hardy stuff I tell you.

Anyway, I doubt people are getting sick from the beer in the tent. The setup is the same as last year more or less. Lines are cleaned, glasses are washed and kegs are sealed till opening and the same gas is used. It would have to be the food because it is the only thing that is not as consistent.

Advertisement