Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC GSM Box

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,752 ✭✭✭✭altor

fiestaman wrote: »
    Big thanks to altor on this topic. replaced my sim yesterday and woring perfect. thanks a lot

Your welcome fiestaman, always happy to help ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭fiestaman

sorry to resurrect this thread but i ran into a problem today. I had a vodafone sim card in my gsm box but i didnt top it up so they discontinued the card. i bought a Three sim card today and installed it in the box but it wont work. if i put it in a phone it can make and recieve calls but when i put it into the gsm box it wont send any messages. Any ideas what might be wrong?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

The Unit may require a 2G sim . 3 Mobile are all 3G

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,553 ✭✭✭kub

If i remember correctly, I had an issue with a 3 Sim as well, changed it out for a Vodafone one and that sorted it. But as KK said stick with 2g

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭madmaxvideo

Where's the best place to buy a basic GSM auto dialler, to add to an alarm?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Any of the suppliers listed in the sticky would have a variety of these in stock.

That might explain it, thanks lads

i put in a vodafone sim again and its still not working. how can i check that my number is still in the gsm?

i put in a vodafone sim again and its still not working. how can i check that my number is still in the gsm?

Did you down power the system to add the new sim, also is there a security lock on the sim you used/

Yes I down powered and disconnected the battery. When I put sum in phone and turn it on it doesn't ask for pin so presume that's disabled. When I open the GSM unit there is a light flashing red all the time and it says Line Status over this bulb.

• Advertisement

Yes I down powered and disconnected the battery. When I put sum in phone and turn it on it doesn't ask for pin so presume that's disabled. When I open the GSM unit there is a light flashing red all the time and it says Line Status over this bulb.

The new Vodafone sims dont work in the GSM, you will need a dual sim.
    If you bring it back to Vodafone they will exchange it for you.

altor wrote: »
    The new Vodafone sims dont work in the GSM, you will need a dual sim.
    If you bring it back to Vodafone they will exchange it for you.

Right, thanks for that. il try that so.ðŸ‘

Right, thanks for that. il try that so.ðŸ‘

No problem :)

Thanks again, that sim change solved the problem. Girl in shop said these sims will eventually be gone. Dont like to hear that as the gsm unit was expensive and dont fancy having to change it in the future

Advertisement